This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

file Nobody's Levels

• Thank you received: 0
06 Mar 2010 07:41 #91
I haven't found the easter egg yet (i didn't look for it ).

@Oaky, why do you always have to get on everybody's case about..... everything? An explanation for that would be nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10
11 Mar 2010 01:20 #92
WTF is with ur alignment?
It's totally off the grid! What did you do?

youtube.com/marbleduck

• snowbody
  • snowbody's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 91
11 Mar 2010 01:35 #93
does it really change the gameplay of the level..?

i moved it a bit

11 Mar 2010 07:45 #94
NOTE TO SELF: review level tonight. I'm not being malicious, I have valid reasons.

11 Mar 2010 13:08 #95
The start... wtf? A stupid little ice slope where you’re forced to get the gem, go back onto the starting platform and then go back up the slope. How is that in any way considered fun? Go around to a horribly textured water ramp and then around to the random pits.
I don’t get the random pits. If they’re meant to have something in them, that would have been OK (but they don’t). That obviously means that they’re meant to be a challenge, but that’s just ridiculous. They’re so tiny I think you obviously just ran out of ideas and decided to add 2 more. And the fact that you can get the gems w/o even entering the pit is a big issue that is incredibly obvious and should have been fixed before release.
The gyro wall is pretty fun, liked that bit.
The ice slope is OK in concept, but it’s a challenge that has been done so many times before. And here’s the zinger – the exact same challenge was used in SUC, and while it was more successful here it’s still the exact same idea. After that comes the random powerup... I’m not a fan of that at all as it can completely imbalance a run (I’m against the luck factor of the RPU, but in this case I won’t hold you against it). It’s just that you could get a gyro and therefore ace the run, but you could get a Marble Recoil and you gain nothing.
Up next are the bouncy pyramids. These were so horrible that I was in shock when I saw them. 5 sets of 16x16 bouncy spots? Just about the least fun section of the level. It was so obvious that it was filler and that you needed a way to get back up to the top of the level. Really bad and no fun at all to play, who likes trying to align themself with a tightrope-sized bouncy friction?
Lastly an alright wallhit-SB challenge to the end. Been done a lot, and I mean a lot, of times before but I guess getting to the end with speed is always good.
So most of the challenges are original, but in general are lacking in any fun whatsoever. Some challenges actually felt like a chore which is never, ever good.

Presentation is very blegh. Let’s start with the desc: Pass a couple small challenges and fly to the goal!. There are far more than a couple of challenges, and only a few can be considered small. Fly to the finish? There’s only one gyro in the level and even when you use that you’re trying to decend slowly. No flying whatsoever, and nothing of the sort near the end. SHT? “Good luck!”. Hooray, just about the most cliché text ever! Probably the least original element in the entire level.
The interior was good in terms of alignment, but in terms of general appeal there’s really nothing. There weren’t any bits of colour to spice it up, it was just bland bland bland all the way through. That’s the risk you run when using the mbp_grid_green2 texture, and here it worked against you.
A few little misalignments (an off-centre TM here, a fan sticking over the edge there).
Also, it seems a habit of yours to simply surround the entire level with a wall to create scenery. Not only does this create a sense of cramped-ness and claustrophobia, it also looks very bad. It worked better in SUC, and didn’t fit in with the context of the level at all.
Also what’s with the MIS? Why have it all weird and crazy? Some people like to read the MIS to get an insight into the creators mind. It’s ultimately messy, but w/e because Techno does this as well for some reason.

Originality/creativity: mostly good
Fun factor: almost non-existant
Challenge: consistent ‘cept for a few bits
Presentation: mostly crappy

Overall? 6/10

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
11 Mar 2010 15:48 #96
I don't have time right now to write a detailed explanation, but I would like to say that the big slope that you use the SS to reverse is used again because it looks very different, it works better, and the SUC isn't getting submitted to any level competitions.

Also, the R/F holes are like that because some people might fall in and such trying to get the gems. I made it like that intentionally.

And the inherent fun isn't supposed to be from the challenges, it's supposed to be from finding paths to avoid them.

12 Mar 2010 11:13 #97
And the inherent fun isn't supposed to be from the challenges

You've pretty much summed up my review. Challenges are meant to be fun.

Anyway, I hope this whole dilemma is over now

12 Mar 2010 15:14 #98
[startquickreview]
The idea of being fun from pathfinding is cool, and makes for a different kind of level than, say, Camp 2. However, once you've found the best path, the level becomes boring and the replayablility is low, and so is the challenge. The easter egg is inter interesting, but is WAY to obvious after a couple minutes. Presentation, here, sorry, is pretty crappy. Although it doesn't affect gameplay, most .dts's are not aligned. You can aproximatly fix this problem by using a smoother grid (if you do I wont bug you about a object being 0.00001 units away from center). However, your fun factor is pretty good for a while (as mentioned before).
Score = 7.5/8
Pretty good, much better than the SUCy SUC.
[/endquickreview]

• Thank you received: 2
13 Mar 2010 08:48 #99
Why is this thread stickied and announced?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 Mar 2010 09:03 #100
Dunno, it just says remove announcement to me.. ill do it and check who did it.

EDIT: WTF RIBLET?!?!?!?

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 18
13 Mar 2010 15:46 #101
Someone's been bribing him!

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
14 Mar 2010 02:24 #102
no i didn't bribe him. but yeah KEEP IT AN ANNOUNCEMENT! and please review it

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Mar 2010 06:05 #103
This was removed from announcements...

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
14 Mar 2010 06:12 #104
ok. why won't you review it though.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Mar 2010 06:50 #105
Because I saw it in rokoshu's vid and decided I didnt need to bother to play the level. I would have played it if it wasnt for his video. Thats the minus in testers, you DON'T want them making videos. In my case I lose interest in the level after watching a video.

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
14 Mar 2010 07:59 #106
but ATM i have no clue what you think of the level. eventually when I submit it for level comps then you're gonna have to

14 Mar 2010 08:59 #107
He's saying from what he saw in the video the level looked shit and he didn't even want to bother with playing it.

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
14 Mar 2010 09:19 #108
Mar 14, 2010, 12:59am, oakster wrote:He's saying from what he saw in the video the level looked shit and he didn't even want to bother with playing it.

I'm saying that even if he WAS trying to say it looked like shit, which he would have said directly because he is (normally) that kind of member, that really doesn't help anything.

SO WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO AS A NOOB LEVEL BUILDER? Sit around and get told that your levels aren't EVEN GODDAMN WORTH PLAYING?

I don't see how this would help ANYONE, let alone a person that's actually making a conscientious effort to improve.

And oaky, you're really starting to annoy me. YOU ALREADY REVIEWED THE LEVEL. Now GTFO the thread if all you have to say is....that.

And if Israeli is really saying that, wow. It's not babying the level creator to play the level. That's basic review, whatever rating it gets. And is it too much to ask for as to actually be helped? FFS, that's one of the huge reasons the forums are for, is to give and recieve HELP. And trust me, neither of you have helped me at all. Really.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Mar 2010 09:27 #109
Actually what pisses me off the most in any level (especially in yours) is that you always have a lot of time travels, or ones that worth a lot and shouldn't be. Keep it to a minimum. I said it many times in my reviews and what not and you still do it-- and now you're complaining I'm not helping? Wow, that's rather insulting.

Secondly, the only time I play levels are either I get interested (usually due to a screenshot request) or if its in LotM. It's really rare for me to play otherwise levels.

Finally, the combination of your older levels (which are more frustrating than fun) which I played and the fact I've got a Masters degree to worry about (which takes priority), I don't get to play MB's custom levels as much as me or you would like me to. What Oaky says is completely false, that's probably his opinion on your level though I watched the video, I saw a 30 seconds TT (and a level beaten very fast [supposedly meant to be a lot longer] which seems as if the level feels useless, to say the least) and decided that it does not worth spending my time on until it hits LotM (which forces me to play).

So before you say I don't help, maybe check what I said so far on every single one of your levels. I think you'll find out that you've basically insulted me with the very above post and I don't appreciate that.

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
14 Mar 2010 09:29 #110
What I was trying to say is that the video is a different version. I've changed like 5 minor things, including splitting the TM into 3 ten-second ones and putting them in different places.

I do understand about your masters degree, good luck

My post was mainly aimed at oaky, who always insults my levels and sometimes doesn't give proper explanation or review.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Mar 2010 09:32 #111
Oaky insults everyone, you just don't see it since you are not a MBP staff member. It's his way and learn to ignore it. Still, 10 secs TM usually mean a lot and from previous experience they'll be easy to get. If the gems were more wide open, less powerups (esp. gyro) and TMs were even more out of place (so not in route of gems) you'd definitely not get a player getting like 5 secs on the level, but actually 1 minute video with the players playing a higher % of the level. This is also more appeciated-- though can kill replayability if the level is not fun.

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
14 Mar 2010 09:36 #112
When I designed it I had in mind a level that had a right path, and then tons of other paths to get lower and lower times. I built it so it COULD have like 5 seconds, but you could play it without a certain tweak and make a big difference.

@oaky: it seems like some of the stuff he says would land anyone else with a warning level.

14 Mar 2010 09:39 #113
NOBODY, I APOLOGISE FOR MISINTERPRETING MATAN'S POST.

Issue over.

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
17 Sep 2010 00:13 #114

17 Sep 2010 01:19 #115
Nobody's Platformer (18.34s)

Nobody is here to give you a video! Lolno.

I was testing Nobody 's level and decided to do a video after a found a epic path. After that, this came.

Enjoy!

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
17 Sep 2010 14:11 #116
Epic run, sonic!

17 Oct 2010 09:18 #117

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
17 Oct 2010 09:30 #118
Are you okay marbleblastguy001? Why are you sad?

Sorry for off topic post but I was digging around in this thread and came upon this that made me spit out my coffee.

Quote:Nobody says:
And oaky, you're really starting to annoy me. YOU ALREADY REVIEWED THE LEVEL. Now GTFO the thread if all you have to say is....that.

The weirdest signature that I ever requested

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
03 Jan 2011 01:00 #119
new level nobody's spin course.

www.mediafire.com/?bfono0i164ve4g7

• Pyro
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • The semester rounds out!
03 Jan 2011 02:47 #120
Great levels! Unfortunately, the link to Throughput says Invalid or deleted file. Also, would you mind updating the first post?

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.030 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.