file 2017 level making jam planning

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • RDs.The-dts-guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
28 Jan 2017 13:04 - 28 Jan 2017 13:06 #1
Hey folks, 2017 has just started and I thought it would be great year to host 48hr level making jam again. The real question is when and how long.
Currently In the essence that PQ gets released soon™ we could host this after it gets released so we could have even more tools and scenery at our disposal.
for reference here is last years event
Announcement and rules thread
All submissions
I'm planning to keep rules largely the same with theme being announced at start of jam. Last year 48 hours worked really well with some levels being finished as fast as one day and some being submitted only couple of minutes before end of the event.
Last year testing sessions kinda worked, my plan this year is to not have any specific time of hosting the maps but more like monitor when there's more players in LB's and host them at that point. People could simply submit their maps for testing in a thread or by PM and i would add them to map testing pool. Afterwards I could simply post all the feedback received in chat in same thread (If i recall correctly many bugs and annoyances where squashed from 3 submissions that where tested).
These are last years rules:
Warning: Spoiler!

If you have any suggestions, ideas or anything else you would like to suggest to make this event even more fun than last year feel free to post below :)
I would also like to know what time is more free for everyone, should this happen in Easter time or at start of summer. Last year it happened during regular weekend and it seemed to work for most people. Would like to hear feedback about that as well.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 28 Jan 2017 13:06 by RDs.The-dts-guy. Reason: mistakes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10
28 Jan 2017 13:53 #2
Sounds great. Last time I didn't participate because the level theme/topic ("games") felt like a little bit boring and I didn't come up with any good level ideas.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
31 Jan 2017 20:34 - 31 Jan 2017 20:37 #3
Another chance to get the traffic cone flair? :​D
I like the new idea for map testing. If PQ is likely to release before summer, maybe wait until it is released, otherwise probably host the event during spring.

And by the way, when are you gonna finish the HWYCI map?
Last edit: 31 Jan 2017 20:37 by Weather.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • RDs.The-dts-guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
01 Feb 2017 16:37 - 01 Feb 2017 16:39 #4

Weather wrote: Another chance to get the traffic cone flair? :​D

Yep forgot to mention that aswell, everyone who participates will be able to get it, glad you asked.

Weather wrote: I like the new idea for map testing. If PQ is likely to release before summer, maybe wait until it is released, otherwise probably host the event during spring.

I think I worded it weirdly but yeah, the plan is to do it after PQ's release, if it gets released at end of may I may host it during august. People will also have gotten used to PQ specific things.

Weather wrote: And by the way, when are you gonna finish the HWYCI map?

Sorry folks for holding it so long, I promise I will do it this month after Ill pass 2 more exams, been really busy lately. :/

Also I was wondering didn't you participated last year? I remember you testing your football MP map during the even but it never showed up in the thread even though it was done quite early.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 01 Feb 2017 16:39 by RDs.The-dts-guy.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
01 Feb 2017 17:05 #5

RDs.ìmpireachd wrote: Also I was wondering didn't you participated last year? I remember you testing your football MP map during the even but it never showed up in the thread even though it was done quite early.

Never made such a map, you might be confusing me with someone else. The first time I made a multiplayer map was late in 2016, and it was pretty much just messing around. I didn't participate because I had other levels I was interested in working on.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.828 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.