- Posts: 720
- Thank you received: 188
- Respect the time limit: You may not start making your level in any way shape or form before the event begins. We cannot effectively restrict this, but take this into consideration; this contest is meant to challenge your proficiency at level making. Cheating is only disrespectful to all the other participants.
- You must finish and submit your level before time runs out. You should leave an extra hour or two to wrap up your level and test if everything works fine.
- Any gamemode and size is allowed (this includes multiplayer gamemodes) as long as the interior limit is not surpassed and the level sticks to the theme.
- To stay true to the spirit of the event you shouldn't use already existing maps (or large parts from them). However you can begin sketching and planning out your level before contest begins.
- You can use custom content like skyboxes and textures (but not shapes) (note that they must be made during the time of the event); but keep in mind that these maps won't be able to participate in the testing sessions. A good strategy is to simply use already existing MBP/MBG textures while building the map, and then change them to custom ones at the end of the competition if you want to participate in the testing sessions.
- Collaborations are allowed.
- The name of your level should follow this standard: "<Level title> <Forums username or its abbreviation> 48-1". For example: ''Gem Rumble RDs 48-1''. This is to make it easier for everyone to recognize your level and give feedback.
- You may submit as many entries as you want, though I highly suggest you focus on a main one and improve it as much as you can.
Yep forgot to mention that aswell, everyone who participates will be able to get it, glad you asked.
Another chance to get the traffic cone flair? :D
I think I worded it weirdly but yeah, the plan is to do it after PQ's release, if it gets released at end of may I may host it during august. People will also have gotten used to PQ specific things.
I like the new idea for map testing. If PQ is likely to release before summer, maybe wait until it is released, otherwise probably host the event during spring.
Sorry folks for holding it so long, I promise I will do it this month after Ill pass 2 more exams, been really busy lately. :/
And by the way, when are you gonna finish the HWYCI map?
Never made such a map, you might be confusing me with someone else. The first time I made a multiplayer map was late in 2016, and it was pretty much just messing around. I didn't participate because I had other levels I was interested in working on.
Also I was wondering didn't you participated last year? I remember you testing your football MP map during the even but it never showed up in the thread even though it was done quite early.