Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

map-pin The Official MBP 1.50 Bug Report Thread

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
10 Jan 2014 00:32 #31
FIXED: Some players' scores show as 00:00.00 (no ratings / scores were lost, it was a formatting error)
FIXING: Top times all disappear

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
10 Jan 2014 09:18 - 10 Jan 2014 09:21 #32
Windows 7
India

I noticed that when I open my profile in the game,signature is not shown.Also I can't join some type of servers like Powerjohn95's server,it says timed out.MBO Glitches work in MBP 1.5 multiplayer like mega marble stuck in interior.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy
Last edit: 10 Jan 2014 09:21 by RandomityGuy.

• Thank you received: 123
10 Jan 2014 19:40 - 10 Jan 2014 19:49 #33
On the leaderboards, I'm at my expected ranking of (currently) place 21, but I also have duplicate names at place 39 and 55. Please investigate and fix.

Also, the TOS on guest login has the checkbox line misplaced.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2014 19:49 by ProMarbler.

• Thank you received: 31
10 Jan 2014 20:10 #34

I think it's trying to cast shadows in MP, but shadows are not turned on.

• Thank you received: 2
10 Jan 2014 22:37 - 10 Jan 2014 23:31 #35
Logging out from the Mac LBs on 10.9.1 freezes the game.

The Total button in the LBs page never loads.

When you go OOB, if you insta-respawn, the "Out of Bounds" text remains displayed for the full default duration instead of immediately disappearing.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2014 23:31 by Sporlo.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
11 Jan 2014 00:26 #36
Pyro: well known bug. My XP sometimes did it on the dev build, but not on the public beta 1/1.5 builds. Windows 7 on the other hand crashes on the public builds but not the dev build.
We aren't sure at this point what causes it.

promarbler: ToS thing is known, but very hard to reproduce.

Main_gi: The shadows you're seeing in Gems in the Road are in fact TEXTURES. Check the interiors directory of Multiplayer to see the textures we used. These fake textures are identical to the ones in Marble Blast Ultra/Online (which didn't have shadows!), and their only use is to tell you when you have a floor above you.

Sporlo: please ctrl+t (for trace) on Logging Out, and the Total button. The OOB text is like this on purpose, but something I've wanted to change for a while now.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
11 Jan 2014 00:28 #37
I thought the fake shadows were stupid until you explained it.
I am incredibly simple minded apparently, great feature.

11 Jan 2014 05:08 #38
•Joining a server with handicaps followed by disconnecting and hosting one myself loads the same handicaps ( not sure if intended? )
•The host can disable powerups, and cannot use them. Joined players can still collect and use them, if they roll over the spot where they are. The powerups are invisible to all players.
•LB singleplayers’ pause menu doesn’t actually pause the game.
•On a small resolution, the radar is offscreen until turned off and back on again, and the chat box is also messed up (definitely works on 800x600 and 1024x768)

• Thank you received: 17
11 Jan 2014 05:13 - 11 Jan 2014 05:18 #39
Like said above I have a Mac, with the OS X 10.6.8 operating system. My Marble Blast Gold version is 1.5.2. I got the error code 108 upon trying to install, something that did not happen with 1.20.

Edit: Do I need to remove my old Platinum data? Or just drag MBP into the installer instead? That had worked for me when I got 1.20.

Rocket wrote: •LB singleplayers’ pause menu doesn’t actually pause the game.

That's a normal thing, Rocket.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2014 05:18 by Enigma.

• Thank you received: 24
11 Jan 2014 09:06 - 11 Jan 2014 09:08 #40
I too have a bug. It appears that the Gym level interiors are somehow missing for me when I tried playing the level both online and offline. I don't have this problem before. Attached in this post is the screenshot of the bug.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jan 2014 09:08 by eplipswich.

• Thank you received: 10
11 Jan 2014 10:55 #41
Still getting errors when logging in to LB
Code:
platinumbeta/leaderboards/multiplayer/MPMarbleSelectionDlg.gui (212): Unable to find function LBAssert Missing file: platinumbeta/dev/cyclicRedundancyCheckGen.cs! Checking Server Version Exporting client prefs platinumbeta/leaderboards/main.cs (178): Unable to find object: 'LBErrorHandlerDlg' attempting to call function 'isAwake'

11 Jan 2014 19:11 - 11 Jan 2014 19:14 #42

Edward Nigma wrote: That's a normal thing, Rocket.

Well, I haven't played leaderboards before 1.50. It doesn't seem reasonable to have a pause menu not pause the game in LB singleplayer though.

Another bug, I will try to get a console log if I can:
•Host starts Password protected server. Host joins and loads level. Player Direct Connects to Host's server, and password dialog box pops up. Player exits the dialog box. In the meantime, Host "lags" out, no oob, can't collect gems or powerups, and buttons on the pause menu doesn't work.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2014 19:14 by Rocket.

• MatthieuParizeau
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
11 Jan 2014 20:18 - 11 Jan 2014 20:26 #43
Screen Resolution: 1366x768
Computer: Samsung NP350V5C-S01CA (Laptop)
Graphics Drivers: Latest(2 video cards both latest)
Console.log:

File Attachment:

File Name: console.log
File Size:17 KB

Problem: The game sometimes crashes when taking screen shots in fullscreen. Sometimes not. Either way fullscreen screenshots seem to look all messed up:

It seems to work fine in windowed mode. I have not tried any other resolutions.

It happens anywhere menus, levels, etc...
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jan 2014 20:26 by MatthieuParizeau. Reason: Console.log didn't attatch for some reason.

11 Jan 2014 20:23 #44
Sporlo, Don.Gato, and I all have the same bug. The game crashes when you leave the LBs. We are all also on Macs. They might want to check this out, as well as you guys.

Oh and the Total button sometimes take eternity to load. I can second that. However, it's loaded for me several times before.

Here:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy

11 Jan 2014 20:35 #45
Mac 10.4.11

Another bug:
For the GG ignition version, if you forget to copy any and all ignition files in the UI folder from MBG to MBP, the game will work completely fine. If you look in the console, the only difference is that it says it's the non-ignition version (in green), when in fact it definitely is ignition. This seems like a major oversight. You may want to fix it.

11 Jan 2014 20:42 #46

Rocket wrote:

Edward Nigma wrote: That's a normal thing, Rocket.

Well, I haven't played leaderboards before 1.50. It doesn't seem reasonable to have a pause menu not pause the game in LB singleplayer though.

It's like that in 1.14 too. I'm pretty sure that's just for more anti-hacking precautions, and of course, for the restart button, menu button, etc. It is Internet enabled so that's also probably why. All I know is that it's normal.

12 Jan 2014 02:31 - 12 Jan 2014 02:37 #47
I found another install bug. Error code 107, using MBG 1.6u. Installed 1.6u the way it asked me to. MBP 1.50 didn't install right. I also had error code 108 from installing with MBG 1.5.2.

Edit:I tried with 1.5.2. again and I got error code 107 too. I have both 1.5.2. and 1.6u on my machine. Should I get rid of 1.5.2.?
Last edit: 12 Jan 2014 02:37 by Enigma.

• Thank you received: 31
12 Jan 2014 03:21 #48
I remember that OOB messages still paused the game in LBs.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
12 Jan 2014 13:07 - 12 Jan 2014 13:24 #49
Multiplayer lagged today!
    [1]Gem collect sounds not working
    [2]Pink gem with white gem light spawned in place of blue gem
    [3]Radar malfunctioning(pointing gems in wrong direction)
    [4]Cant use powerup stored after OOB
    [5]Score list frozen

I forgot to trace the console log

Also,I am getting CRC_NOPE everyday I start the game.

In spectector mode,I am seeing gems on top left corner of the screen.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Last edit: 12 Jan 2014 13:24 by RandomityGuy.

12 Jan 2014 15:06 #50
Have you installed the updated beta, as opposed to the download that was available first day?

12 Jan 2014 15:17 #51
Mac 10.4.11

Found another bug: When I was on the LB login screen (and the home screen after that), the mouse could not stay in focus. The only time the mouse tracked was when the button was being held down. It would stop tracking right after I let go of clicking.
Attachments:

12 Jan 2014 15:49 #52
(Should I just edit my posts?)

When I was playing Nuke Field, I noticed that even though I had hit the checkpoint after collecting all the gems, the checkpoint respawned me with no gems whatsoever. I had blown myself up and respawned using my powerup key.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
12 Jan 2014 15:50 #53

promarbler14 wrote: Have you installed the updated beta, as opposed to the download that was available first day?

Yeah,I have updated beta but this is....

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy

12 Jan 2014 18:01 - 12 Jan 2014 18:50 #54
SinglePlayer Name length (1st one from LB, 2nd couldn't add anymore letters)
__
•A Guest can spam the login button at the ToS screen and end up having a ton of false Guests “login”, which will update the logged in player list accordingly. After a while the false Guests “lag” out and “logout”, leaving the real one
__
•On “downloading category data” when viewing the custom levels in LB, pressing the cancel button on that gui will only cancel for a while, whereupon the “downloading category data” gui continues to appear over and over again.

•The Name for LB Advanced Level 15 doesn't display correct (NÎonTech)
__
•Guests cannot chat with the people they challenge.

•On the “Waiting for opponent to accept” for the challenge mode, pressing cancel will show a confirmation gui. Pressing forfeit and quickly pressing cancel on the same gui will show the “waiting for opponent to accept” gui for a short while.

•On “challenge ended” gui, the losing player has a green colored time and the winning player has a red colored time. (Not really a bug, but rather confusing in my opinion.)

•Best Time doesn't show up. I have no idea
__
•Host can pause the screen and press the restart button on the multiplayer “ready” screen, which will “move” gem locations and add a radar gem in the top left corner of the screen.

•On the multiplayer “ready” screen, sometimes all gems will appear white, and sometimes normally (colored and with gem beams).

•On the multiplayer scoreboard, holding down O (is that the default key?) will not allow forward movement and jump at the same time.

•Multiplayer Settings gui occasionally does this. . Aside from the extra row, all the checkboxes get misaligned.

•In a server with at least 3 players, kicking the second player on the list and then having that second player join back in results in this.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2014 18:50 by Rocket.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
13 Jan 2014 03:48 - 13 Jan 2014 15:59 #55
In multiplayer versus match(more than 3 players),when ready set go was going,My ball was controllable on set before waiting for go.

Gem spawn misalignment in Gems on the road MP level

Gem collect sounds while loading in MP MATCH

Match finishes at 00:00.24 not at 00:00.00

Opponent players act weird(going forward and backward very fast)

Delay between sounds and powerup collects.

Achievements say achievement not reached and then after some time,it shows it's image(I have already reached that achievement)

Rep to Matan:The pink gem was at Horizon level,It lagged and Pink gem spawned in the place of blue gem,it was not a custom level,I was playing versus and well THE GAME LAGGED.It was tiki's server.The radar too got lagged at same time leading me to wrong directions.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Last edit: 13 Jan 2014 15:59 by RandomityGuy.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 Jan 2014 08:44 #56
HEY, REMEMBER YOU HAVE CTRL+T, THAT DOES A TRACE LOG IN THE CONSOLE. PRESS CTRL+T BEFORE AND AFTER THE BUG SO THAT WE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. THEN UPLOAD HERE THE CONSOLE.LOG OR SEND TO marbleblastforums@gmail.com BECAUSE OTHERWISE WE CANNOT HELP YOU.

REMEMBER THAT NO ONE SENT US ANY CONSOLE LOG FILES WITH MULTIPLAYER, MEANING WE DON’T KNOW WHY CRC_NOPE OCCURS, SO EVENTUALLY YOU GUYS WILL BE SCREWED IN A LATER BETA WHEN WE REINFORCE THIS AGAIN. CTRL+T THOSE WHEN HOSTING/JOINING MATCHES.

Whirligig: that SC again. God, I thought we fixed that.

Main_gi: don’t do teleporter glitched. Plus, we’re probably going to remove all times using it on any level (teleport training, efficiency)
Custom resolution – yeah we saw it and I thought it got fixed, clearly not

Koopshi: lack of GUI. Download MBG non-ignition (RealArcade) build on our website, this will be the best. We also don’t have Windows 8, so we cannot give any real support for that system.

Ian Cordle: Score screen takes a while to update from previous games, yes. This is server going WHAT IS GOING ON WHERE DO I GET THE SCORES QUICK CALCULATE THIS THING AND THAT etc.

Promarbler14: don’t get disconnected. Also Ctrl+T.
TOS is known for me. HiGuy hoped he fixed it, clearly not. Very hard to reproduce, needs Ctrl+T.

ChaosUnown: you got terrible connection.

RadiantVibe: probably server scores didn’t send properly, or cheated times etc.
Also Offline odd I thought that was there but clearly somehow that got deleted
Top times is an odd bug I thought we fixed but clearly it has resurrected. Ctrl+T.

Rocket: Port forward one of them to something not 28000 and you should be fine.

Sporlo: you got disconnected from server.
SC odd, can you tell me which ones?
Sounds like connection issues. Ctrl+T please. Also hosts should go to server settings, untick Display on Master and tick it again, and it should show up.
SC: odd again on sounds. Ctrl+T if you get it consistently.
Global chat is not easy to do, and we tried several things. Timestamps might be too much for even this cramped chat, but we will see what we can do. Post in requests thread instead.

Pokko: known, don’t worry.

Don.Gato: Ctrl+T, please. Also, Mac OS X 10.9+ is something none of us have so we cannot test MBP on it. As such with Apple’s everlasting continuing dropping of functions and deprecating others means that MB is less stable as newer builds arrive. Same for Windows 8/8.1. We recommend 10.5-10.7, and possibly 10.8.

Krishiv: you need to make one via the website, I believe. I’ll talk to HiGuy.
Ctrl+T timed out issues, also powerjohn25 has shit internet and possibly he didn’t port forward so no one can join him (hence timed out)
Mega Marble glitches and stuff are not our fault because those are game engine related

Ian Cordle 2:
Thank you we know the shadows are an excellent feature, I love them too. I redid Basic Agiltiy Course specifically with the shadows textures in mind because we kept getting stuck in the upper platforms, and now not anymore.

Rocket 2:
Possibly normal due to the fact it’s in your prefs file.
Handicaps need to be applied globally and make sure that players have a tick under their name for the powerup(s). If no ticks, they can use and see powerups. If they can’t see powerups, that’s a problem and they need to Ctrl+T it.
LB SP never pauses the game on purpose, same with MP. If it did pause, it would also pause all net connection and cause you to disconnect from the server. Not possible because this is due to the game-engine.
Don’t use small resolutions.

Edward Nigma: Platinum and platinumbeta are separate entities. Once 1.50 final comes around you’ll have to delete your own platinum directory. Also get the MBG we offer on the site and try again. If still no luck, ask HiGuy.

Eplipwich: huh, seems we somehow managed to delete those from the beta. This will be fixed.

Pokko 2: Known, don’t worry

Rocket 3:
Fixed for next beta build

Coolpukedude: Ctrl+T, please

Promarbler14 2: yeah I know this shit is sometimes slow.
Also you might be having the same problem as me when quitting MB where it just crashes for no reason, and it is some bug that occurs due to the engine that we cannot see because the trace ends before that buggy call occurs. Based on your console.log files, you probably have that too, but I’ll let HiGuy know to take a look.

Promarbler14 3: wtf odd. Can you launch and play levels fine? If not, then it does the job (there is a check when playing levels, but not anywhere else)

Main_gi 2: If they do plus nets then that’s a huge bug

Krishiv 2:
I’m glad it did. Probably server connection.
Gem sounds odd, probably didn’t get a gem. Ctrl+T it.
Pink gem is new. What are you doing? Don’t level editor and place your own gems. Must be GemItemRed/Yellow/Blue. GemItem causes white light by default. Your fault.
Radar does it on gravity levels. Don’t screw with gravity.
Then you didn’t get the powerup, or wait until the server syncs it properly. It works fine here all the time, though. Ctrl+T it.
Ctrl+T score list but lag means wait until sync happens. It takes a while.
Not my fault you forgot.
CRC_NOPE what are you 1.00. If console says it but you can join then it’s correct. You’re meant to Ctrl+T it and send it to us so we can fix it.
Spectator mode: likely radar leftovers. Known bug from PQ. We did say radar came from PQ. HAHA, you got PQ right in 1.50, with all the bugs. How does that make you feel?

Promarbler14 4: Ctrl+T it. Probably not really our fault. Your console log is really odd, HiGuy wtf.

Promarbler14 5: Yes please.
Don’t respawn on checkpoints. We’ll look into it.

Rocket 4: You edit your posts too.
Name length is limited on purpose
Fun times, will let HiGuy know.
Ditto. Ctrl+T will work here but we can probably check it out
NeonTech can go suck itself until we care enough to fix it.
But it closes right? Then that’s good enough for me.
That shouldn’t happen, Ctrl+T it next time.
I’ll check this at home and see whatsup. At work so internet is crap. Watch me forget anyway.
Don’t do it and it won’t happen. Also radar bugs. PQ fun times I don’t care. To be fixed in PQ?
Challenges and syncing are messed up like that. We’ll rework it out, I guess.
Ctrl+T the gems
You don’t have a keyboard that allows multiple keys at the same time, don’t worry, most don’t. Also could be a limitation with MB and stuff and just ctrl+T it.
That extra row kills it. Ctrl+T so we can see how you even got that extra row.
Known, hilarious, will be fixed.

Krishiv 3: you also edit your posts too before I go nope on you and warning level
Not a bug. MP was designed to allow marble control in ready/set/go just like everyone is used to (except MBU/O players haha sucks for them) so you can get the fast-start if you’re smart.
Again not a bug. Gem spawns are actually correct and the same as in MBU/O. The only thing I changed was make some closer to the ground so that you can collect all gems without jumping.
Not a bug. AGAIN. You’re loading sounds and connecting to the server, so of course you will hear that.
Then be the host and it will be 00:00:00. When you’re the guest then it ends early because the host also finished.
Stop lagging and they won’t look crazy
Known, again this is due to lag. Nothing we can do about this.
Because you didn’t get the achievement to begin with. Also if you told us which achievements it would be better, and let the server LOAD DAMN IT, IT TAKES TIME TO SYNC. If I purchased a dedicated server for us ($100/mo) then we would get less server loading problems but hey I don’t have this kind of money to throw around, but if I had a well-paying job I probably would’ve gotten us one.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 24
13 Jan 2014 16:04 - 13 Jan 2014 16:08 #57
Yeah, I just realized the Gym missing interior bug occurs because the gym.dif interior file is missing from the lbinteriors_mbp and interiors_mbp zip files for some reason. I copied the gym.dif from the older MBP 1.14, pasted it into the two zip files and it now works perfectly.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2014 16:08 by eplipswich.

14 Jan 2014 02:51 #58
I think I have a bug.

When playing Challenges/SC's, the results sometimes take eternity to display on the chat. I had just finished a challenge and was just about to play a super challenge (I was on "Waiting" and everything), when suddenly it dropped me in the chat room and printed the results from like 5 minutes ago. It'd been like 10-20 min after my SC and I don't see results. Then again, he did kind of quit after I had won.

Also, on OSX there is a sound bug where when one player plays a bunch of levels (say, 15-25), the sound will slowly stop playing sounds. As more levels go by, the music, then some powerups and rolling noises, then the voices, then those stupid fans and the rest of the sounds all stop playing. This takes about 10 additional levels after the sound begins to bog down. I feel that this is an engine bug, but it seems like this is happening faster than before. I recall playing through the MBP levels some years back and this happened (followed by the game crashing after quite a bit more, if I recall). Is there any possibility that the sound limitations are being reached earlier? If so, it would be nice if it could be fixed, as doing a 24 lvl super challenge breaks it a bit.

Also, if you are in a multiplayer match and are physically playing (rolling around, not spectating), do NOT leave trace on. Ultimate lag will ensue. I had the liberty of figuring this out for myself. Just FYI.

Oh, and one final thing. If you get a better time in a challenge/super challenge than your current LBs time, will it update the LBs? Or will it just throw away your marvelous time? Now that I check, it seems that it does! It also doesn't wipe your non-top times! But asking just to make sure.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
14 Jan 2014 03:13 - 14 Jan 2014 03:14 #59

promarbler14 wrote: If you get a better time in a challenge/super challenge than your current LBs time, will it update the LBs? Or will it just throw away your marvelous time? Now that I check, it seems that it does! It also doesn't wipe your non-top times! But asking just to make sure.

It will update your best time.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2014 03:14 by CheepFishMBP.

14 Jan 2014 19:59 #60
I caught the general rankings leaderboards reset twice while I was online. I managed to get a trace from before I opened the listing to me closing it.
Attachments:

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.086 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.