lock Marble Blast Super [INCOMPLETE RELEASE]

• StewMan46
  • StewMan46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
21 Jul 2013 21:58 - 28 Nov 2015 02:50 #1
Hello everyone. I am making a mod called Marble Blast Super. The mod is set to have Multiplayer, custom graphics and much, much more. So, if you want to help with the mod, pm me. Mvossman said:
We need staff, more staff. We have :
StewMan46 (Leader)
Mvossman/EnderCraft1 (Graphics/Little Codes/GUI)
Matt/cooldudepoke (Coding) (another available)
Erik/marterik231 (Levels) (another available) (another available)
David (Levels/graphics) (another available)
Ralph/Ralphiboy27 (Skies/particles/shapes) (another available)

So if you have some free time feel free to join MBS, that would be great, I think this mod has a big potential for success. -Mvossman
Last edit: 28 Nov 2015 02:50 by Regislian.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 0
21 Jul 2013 22:27 #2
Do you have any pictures to show us so we can know what kind of mod it is? And how do you plan to get multiplayer?
  • Thank you received: 156
21 Jul 2013 22:29 #3
Hate to criticize, but why don't you make custom levels and release them to the community instead of making a mod? The community would rather see new levels, graphics, and other goodies to play around with. I was once like you and wanted to make the greatest mod ever, but it's a lot more work than you might expect. My mod is still yet to be released after over 2 years of production because more important things (school, friends, etc.) and other interests eventually got in the way.

Above all that, no one is available to help you. All of the pros are already wrapped up in their own mods which are far more significant to the community (MBP, PQ, MBFubar, etc.) and even they hardly have enough time to contribute to those mods.

Hate to say it kid, but your mod isn't going to pull through. You clearly don't have any plans, experience, or any other evidence to prove that you can successfully create a mod. Do you even have the SLIGHTEST idea on how difficult it is to make multiplayer? Jeff and HiGuy, who are experienced programmers, have had to rewrite multiplayer 7 times just to get it fully working.

tl;dr: You don't want to make a mod. Trust me. I've been there. But, of course, if you REALLY want to do this all by yourself, go for it. No one is stopping you.
  • Thank you received: 43
21 Jul 2013 22:41 #4
Multiplayer? Have you thought of the 900 folders of scripts for multiplayer? New Graphics sounds cool, but, I have seen some mods die off, Marble Blast Opal, Marble Blast Space, ETC,

Don't think we are trying to stop you. Because like Nihahhat said, Nobody is stopping you. But you have to have a plan, what theme is it? What kind of scenery will the mod have? Start thinking before you make the mod.

Making a mod is a lot of work. My mod has been in works for 2 years, and it still isn't even halfway.

Please don't think we are putting you down, because we are not. You can go and not listen to us, and make your mod, but take our advice and your mod will hopefully be better.
  • StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
21 Jul 2013 23:12 #5
thanks guys i will take your advice. i am at least going to try.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
22 Jul 2013 04:27 #6
Quote:The mod is set to have multiplayer

Good luck.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
22 Jul 2013 13:49 #7
Cheers Jeff
  • StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
30 Jul 2013 23:19 #8
There is now a preview of the mod, played by EnderCraft1, on youtube. The preview is here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=-qzscKjJdFs
  • Thank you received: 31
31 Jul 2013 03:32 #9
Let me just say training height should come after training gems. You should train gem collection and then gems. I would say training two things at once that have no relation is a bad idea; during my levels, I prefer training every single part. Tell the beginner player, that, like a swing, Super Jump on a halfpipe during the upclimb, Superspeed in the middle and Gyro on the flight. You're also putting in time modifiers too early. In that level, it's easy to go out of bounds due to the large height. Put in walls or something.

Something important: Rotate your spawnpad. This is annoying when the spawnpad is facing front but the level first starts going left. Also, this name's initals are taken by Marble Blast Space. I would never suggest mixing up initials.

MBA - Marble Blast Advanced
MBB - Marble Blast Bronze
MBC - NOT TAKEN
MBD - NOT TAKEN
MBE - Marble Blast Emerald
MBF - Marble Blast Fubar
MBG - ...Really?
MBH - N/A
MBI - N/A
MBJ - N/A
MBK - Maybe?
MBL - Maybe?
MBM - Marble Blast Master. I think this one ran out already, so you might want to overwrite with it.
MBO - Opal, Online (!)
MBP - ...Platinum. Not as obvious as Gold.
MBQ - ...Well, there's PQ.
MBR - Reloaded, Revived (!)
MBS - Silver, Space (!)
MBT - N/A MBU - Ultra
MBV - N/A MBX - I think there would be a Marble Blast Extreme, but not sure
MBY - N/A MBZ - ...Sounds like a racing game.
Misc: MB+ - Marble Blast Plus.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
31 Jul 2013 03:38 #10
F has Fubar and Future
E has Emerald and Elite
L has Light
MBQ no one uses, mind you, PQ doesn't have MB in front of it, so it's not Marble Blast PlatinumQuest, but just 'PlatinumQuest'.

Your point is moot and you helped it with R and S

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
31 Jul 2013 04:17 #11
I want to know why the people in this mod want Multiplayer. Multiplayer takes years to write a half-decent protocol, and then fine tuning it takes another 6 months to a year just to have half-decent marble movement and stuff. You have to know torqueScript's ins and outs, there isn't no magic button that will show you how to code MP in marble blast. And Torque3D won't help, because the MB's engine is old and the protocol uses tons of torquescript work arounds that wouldn't normally be used in a game.

I hope that if you want to try doing Multiplayer, that you realize how much work it will take. HiGuy and I started in May 2011, and we still aren't done yet.

Oh, and by the way, the MP code that is in MBP stays with the platinum team only, because I will not release the source code. Everything will be in .dsos, and many original files were modified as well.

Good luck if you still plan on doing it, I'm just warning you of how hard it is to code.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
31 Jul 2013 04:20 #12
Jul 30, 2013, 8:38pm, admin wrote:F has Fubar and Future
E has Emerald and Elite
L has Light
MBQ no one uses, mind you, PQ doesn't have MB in front of it, so it's not Marble Blast PlatinumQuest, but just 'PlatinumQuest'.

Your point is moot and you helped it with R and S
Well, that's why I said ...Well, there's PlatinumQuest because officially it isn't MBPQ.

Besides, multiplayer would require servers, and seeing the spawn pad icons, it doesn't seem like a funded project.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
31 Jul 2013 04:21 #13
Quote:it doesn't seem like a funded project.

Why would they need to be funded for multiplayer? What HiGuy and I did for the past 2 years with MP has been completely free...

31 Jul 2013 04:33 #14
Unless the hosts of the servers are community hos...ted. I'm out of words.
Anyway, the 3rd level (ugh...too soon) has the Super ... Spring, but the 2nd level doesn't even talk about it at all though including it. The Super ... Spring has a few functions that should be addressed:

> Simple developing m- *high jump. Get to high places.
> Double Jump (Beginner's) A super jump higher than the ground can be taken, wait for respawn, and get double jumped.
> Ultra Jump. Jump before activation.
> Multi Jump. A lot of Super Jumps in a row.
> Double Jump (Advanced) A super jump on the ground can be taken, wait for respawn, and on the super jump, grab and quickly use the other one.
> Double Jump (Jumped) Beginner's method with a jump at the beginning. Doesn't work for Advanced as well because the jump will probably not allow you to get the 2nd Super Jump.
> Bounce Jump. If you have two super jumps you can juggle between them like a Super Bounce.
> Shock Absorber Use the Super Jump like a shock absorber to prevent wasting unnecessary time.
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
31 Jul 2013 18:58 #15
maingl: In your MB_ list, you forgot:

MBM - Marble Blast Mobile (!)
MBN - Nothing, to my knowledge
MBW - Ditto
MB9 - Marble Blast 9 (would NOT suggest reusing)
31 Jul 2013 19:07 #16
MB1 to MB8? Well, MB8 would be more of a billiards game.
  • StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
02 Aug 2013 21:27 #17
We now have a new 1.6 Beta Patch preview! Video: www.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=relmfu&v=AWx5sqeV63o Enjoy!
02 Aug 2013 21:32 #18
Link's broken. This one works.
  • StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
03 Aug 2013 00:16 #19
Thanks maingi
  • StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
03 Aug 2013 22:44 #20
MBS now has more improvements. Another video can be seen here:
. Multiplayer is still undergoing at the moment though due to a bug in which the endgame.gui doesn't show at the end of a game.
  • StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
06 Aug 2013 01:15 #21
BREAKING NEWS: EnderCraft1 and cooldudepoke have officially got multiplayer working! Watch it here
  • Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
06 Aug 2013 01:33 #22
Nice collision!
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
06 Aug 2013 01:34 #23
[redacted, see video for comments]

• Thank you received: 1
06 Aug 2013 01:38 #24
There is no Marble Blast Infinite? Really?

Check out my website: alvios.com/ !
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
06 Aug 2013 02:59 #25
There was marble blast Island once, but that died. It was by AJ Ferguson

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
07 Aug 2013 23:00 #26
Hey guys! Marble Blast Super is doing well. The first Multiplayer level is almost complete, some new UI improvements, but we need music. We need a very experienced music maker for MBS. Dark, Fast tempo music is what we want.
StewMan46 + Mvossman
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
08 Aug 2013 02:52 #27
I *may* be able to give you some help, but I'm a bit busy with MBPU, so no guarantees. It would help if you could give me / name some similar music for me to use as example. PM me or add me on Skype (whirligig231).
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
08 Aug 2013 20:40 #28
Aug 7, 2013, 7:52pm, whirligig wrote:I *may* be able to give you some help, but I'm a bit busy with MBPU, so no guarantees. It would help if you could give me / name some similar music for me to use as example. PM me or add me on Skype (whirligig231).

Worry about MBPU, you should focus on that c:

@the people on this mod, your Multiplayer is very choppy (the marble movement).

• Thank you received: 2
09 Aug 2013 05:18 #29
Try not to go overboard in developing features as an escape to developing decent levels.

I've played through mods that had quite impressive features coded in (with pretty graphics too), but I've not played them since simply because the levels don't beckon replayability.

Pushing that aside, I think the mod has progressed more than I would have expected it to when I saw the first video.
  • Marblemaster1
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Custom Code Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 8
09 Aug 2013 07:02 #30
Frublox speaks the truth; when I thought I could make my own mod (SPOILER: It didn't turn out well) I thought that writing new stuff in TS was more important than making what is the core of MB itself: levels. So if you want to make a mod, that's fine, just be aware that it's a huge amount of work, and you are going to need, at the bare minimum, at least 75-100 good levels.
Not trying to discourage you or anything; I just thought you should know this.

QuArK is still a good map editor

You know what's boring? Opaque marble skins. You know what's not? Glass Marbles!
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.167 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.