lock Marble Blast Super [INCOMPLETE RELEASE]

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
01 Jun 2015 15:02 #151
Matt (current leader of MBS) has being thinking of restarting the mod entirely, except for the good levels, and the good features. This will include multiplayer because no one is going to want to play it when we already have MBP multiplayer. Instead, we were thinking of releasing our multiplayer levels as MBP levels, or make them into singleplayer levels.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
The topic has been locked.
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
01 Jun 2015 15:11 - 01 Jun 2015 15:12 #152

Kalle29 wrote: Actually listen to what people say. If you had made a level pack before you worked on a mod you could have received useful criticism that would have helped in your level making in MBS. And I know you don't want to hear people complain, which is understandable as it can be very annoying and demotivating; however you should still listen to what people such as, for example Matan, say. They have worked on mods before and can contribute a lot.

Jeff (through Skype) wrote: Use feedback from your custom levels to use for the mod.

Certainly not meant to be buggy, but everyone knows I've made custom levels, except I have almost no feedback. So you're telling us to use feedback from our custom levels, but you're not giving us any in the first place?
­

Kalle29 wrote:

• Have a goal with the mod. It seems to me like you started on this mod just cause you wanted to create a mod. It seems like you didn't have any inspiration or theme that drove the mod forward.
  • I only had 2 goals. One was that I wanted to show what I could do for a mod. The second one was that I wanted some experience, since I have never done this kind of thing before.

Call me Chris!

Last edit: 01 Jun 2015 15:12 by Nockess.
    • Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    01 Jun 2015 15:15 - 01 Jun 2015 15:15 #153

Eguy wrote: Frosty, Matan-- Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my perspective: It seems more like you guys are the ones who don't have faith in MBS. For some reason, new mods always intrigue me no matter what, in particular the levels. So as long as this mod has new levels, I will be interested. And as long as I am interested because of this I am sure there are other people who have the same feelings towards new mods. While you guys raise a point, about working on one mod at a time, what I heard seemed a bit too harsh and discouraging, since I know what Matt and others are capable of, particularly level wise. I'm partial to RD's post, which gave them constructive criticism about levels. These level makers are a work in progress, remember, but if they get some expert advice from someone like RD, their levels can be something people would want to play again and again, for fun and world records. It could also encourage them to work primarily on MBS. Also, is there such thing as a perfect mod? What Matan said seemed more like "pack up, go home, you can't do this," which is not advice in the slightest. Matan seems like someone who should give detailed advice rather than sit and expect all mods to be perfect in every way. If you give this mod team real advice, I believe MBS can be amazing. We're still making WRR's for MBSpace and MBReloaded, and they're certainly not perfect as far as I know of. Then why doubt MBSuper? I'm very sorry if I sound rude in any way, since I respect everyone in this community. I just felt a strong need to address some of the discouragement issues regarding this mod. Also, on a side note, was part of this mod released (i. e. a demo, an early version, etc.)? Or is it still being worked on?

~Eguy

No, actually. There has not been a demo. We've made jokes of releasing the very first Pre-Alpha version of MBS as a demo, but that was just for fun. I'd certainly like a demo, and so I'll talk to the staff about it.

Call me Chris!

Last edit: 01 Jun 2015 15:15 by Nockess.
    • Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    • Thank you received: 208
    01 Jun 2015 16:07 #154
    I liked almost everything about what Kalle said, except for this.

Kalle29 wrote: ­­­
    however you should still listen to what people such as, for example Matan, say. They have worked on mods before and can contribute a lot.
    ­

­

From what I know, all Matan said was just a bunch of stuff about why he doesn't believe in this mod. Perhaps he gave advice in the past that wasn't taken? Or perhaps the MBS team never received that advice? I don't know, but he seemed to drop faith in this mod all too soon and make useless posts saying that the mod will die, which is not constructive criticism for the slightest. For now I'll be quiet about this mod because I'm sick and tired of arguing with people who don't believe in the mod, and I've done my part for now.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
    -Jeff 2014
    • IsraeliRD
    • Project Manager
    • Project Manager
    • Dragon Power Supreme
    • Thank you received: 912
    01 Jun 2015 16:44 - 01 Jun 2015 16:47 #155

Eguy wrote: From what I know, all Matan said was just a bunch of stuff about why he doesn't believe in this mod. Perhaps he gave advice in the past that wasn't taken? Or perhaps the MBS team never received that advice? I don't know, but he seemed to drop faith in this mod all too soon and make useless posts saying that the mod will die, which is not constructive criticism for the slightest. For now I'll be quiet about this mod because I'm sick and tired of arguing with people who don't believe in the mod, and I've done my part for now.

Please, let's ignore the fact that the community at the time provided feedback, helpful even, on what they should do and it has been ignored constantly. Oh and have fun trying to find ME in that topic giving feedback with the exception of calling it "disaster mod" somewhere halfway through the 2nd page.
    Can't find? Guess what, that's because previous experience made me drop out of commenting on all those mods, Super included.

This topic here on these forums is the first time you see me write anything about MB Super in any form of feedback, and it repeats the topic I just linked. Effectively, anything said in 2013 still exists or is worse in 2015. That means they did not listen to the community feedback.

Now since you weren't here before 2014 and don't have any experience or knowledge of the dozens of marble blast mods, here are two excellent subforums in the old forums, the Misc MB Mods and the Vaulted marble blast mods , where you will find tons of dead mods, repeated community feedback and oh wait now I'm just repeating my previous post statements about how helpful we tried to be and got ignored. Guess I have the proof to back me up, eguy.

But please, continue how it is MY FAULT ONLY eguy, or how I make useless posts. Let's ignore everything in the last 2 years and everything experience has told us since 2007. Clearly it is never Super's fault.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
    Last edit: 01 Jun 2015 16:47 by IsraeliRD. Reason: I wanted to make a joke but Kalle will do a better one anyway so I didn't bother.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff
    • Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    01 Jun 2015 16:55 - 01 Jun 2015 16:57 #156
    Do you not think that if you gave feedback now it would be heard? Don't you think that Rozi has been listening to and has responded to everything we've said? If not, then that's your perspective. And, I never said it was "your fault only," I just said that you could've done your part in helping this mod excel. Have you not even tried to give this mod feedback just because of past experiences? This could become a failure, but it could also become the next Marble Blast Advanced, Emerald, or one of the successful ones.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
    -Jeff 2014
    Last edit: 01 Jun 2015 16:57 by Eguy.
    • IsraeliRD
    • Project Manager
    • Project Manager
    • Dragon Power Supreme
    01 Jun 2015 17:12 - 01 Jun 2015 17:14 #157
    Now? after 2 years? have you not read that I said we've been ignored?
    Rozi is just one person. He's not even mod leader. Matt p already expressed interest in putting the mod in MBU and he hasn't posted here anything. Coming from rozi is not helpful when the actual mod leader is silent. I give him credits for doing the right thing, but I won't be the only one to express doubt when out of 7+ people he's the only one to reply.

How could I have done my part in helping this mod? Again, did you read the 2013 topic where nearly a dozen community members or more all tried to help it and were ignored? How does me, a single person, even helps when many more people were ignored and even in this topic we're seeing this.

If you take me out of the equation tell me exactly what have they done in the last 2 years that every other person wrote here that they actually did implement or do. I highly suggest you re-read everything in this topic and the 2013 topic by every other member before making these kinds of posts that make you sound uninformed.

Warning: Spoiler!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
    Last edit: 01 Jun 2015 17:14 by IsraeliRD. Reason: Ssshhh. Spoilers. ;)
    • Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    01 Jun 2015 19:54 - 01 Jun 2015 20:11 #158

IsraeliRD wrote: Now? after 2 years? have you not read that I said we've been ignored?
    Rozi is just one person. He's not even mod leader. Matt p already expressed interest in putting the mod in MBU and he hasn't posted here anything. Coming from rozi is not helpful when the actual mod leader is silent. I give him credits for doing the right thing, but I won't be the only one to express doubt when out of 7+ people he's the only one to reply.

True, I'm not the mod leader, and I don't really care if I am or if I'm not. Matthieu did have the idea of taking parts of MBS and inserting them into MBU, but the level highlights (in other words, the really good levels), like Block Towers , Champion's Road, Agility , and Completionist .

IsraeliRD wrote: Emerald doesn't have a WR rampage, did get some interest but do you see anyone actively contributing to it? no. It also had several original goals which Jeff and HiGuy will be happy to tell you about that never did work out.

Just for the record, there's a MBE WWR for Pro on Alexis's channel, but other than that, yes, there's no WWR - at least a full one.

Call me Chris!

Last edit: 01 Jun 2015 20:11 by Nockess.
    • Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    01 Jun 2015 20:02 #159
    If you don't have faith in this mod, Matan, and you don't want to give advice, then why are you even posting on this topic? Just let the mod be until it's finished.

-Jeff 2014
    • Kalle29
    • I blame ping for losing
    • Thank you received: 754
    01 Jun 2015 20:12 #160

HiGuy wrote:

Kalle29 wrote:

• Don't include multiplayer. No one will want to play mp in MBS when MBP already has it. Making mp levels is perfectly fine, but what you're doing right now is a perfect example of when you want too much.
    • ­

I'd like to counter this and say that, if you guys want to include multiplayer, then go ahead. Just know that it is no small commitment, and that you should focus on the singleplayer gameplay much more than multiplayer. Realize that trying to be overambitious with the various features will just spell out your doom. Pick one or two things (hunt mode or something similar) and do them well, rather than just creating 20 sub-par features.

Doesn't mp require like 700 lines of code? Maybe I have missed something and they already have it implemented. Still, it doesn't take away from the fact that the community isn't that big and splitting up the mp players to two different mods would not be a good idea.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
    • Jeff
    • Elite Marbler
    • Elite Marbler
    • PlatinumQuest Programmer
    • Thank you received: 205
    01 Jun 2015 20:38 - 01 Jun 2015 20:38 #161

Doesn't mp require like 700 lines of code?

Try 10,000 +

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
    Last edit: 01 Jun 2015 20:38 by Jeff.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29
    • IsraeliRD
    • Project Manager
    • Project Manager
    • Dragon Power Supreme
    01 Jun 2015 20:40 #162

Eguy wrote: If you don't have faith in this mod, Matan, and you don't want to give advice, then why are you even posting on this topic? Just let the mod be until it's finished.

I wasn't planning on posting unless someone decided to go on a personal attack today.

• Battlecube314
    • Professional Marbler
    • Professional Marbler
    • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
    • Thank you received: 155
    01 Jun 2015 21:06 #163
    I looked at some of the videos of MBS, and there are definitely some good features. The new power-up designs look great, and the levels look very fun to speed run. I think a public release would be a good idea to increase the community's interest of the mod.

For multiplayer, it does take a lot of work, so I suggest first giving out just single-player mode and seeing if the community is interested in an update.
    • RDs.The-dts-guy
    • Developer
    • Developer
    • Blender pls
    • Thank you received: 188
    01 Jun 2015 21:09 - 01 Jun 2015 21:14 #164

Rozi the Brazilian wrote: True, I'm not the mod leader, and I don't really care if I am or if I'm not. Matthieu did have the idea of taking parts of MBS and inserting them into MBU, but the level highlights (in other words, the really good levels), like Block Towers , Champion's Road, Agility , and Completionist .

Some of my thoughs. This is pure constructive criticism based on videos i saw above and those images you shared a while back. This is how I see mod now:
    Graphics are perfectly ok, it isn't any huge distractions to eyes, feels a bit cold but it goes with the theme. Levels rozi mentioned as his best indeed have some fresh ideas, gameplay is okayish, of course noting is perfect but it's best ive seen from this mod so far and few of them indeed made me want to wish to try them. For levels showed in screenies I gave my verdict a while back with few more images. Sounds and shapes are okay too, considering you did those from scratch with low blender and graphics making knowledge.
    I wish you guys would spend some more time on improving level quality gameplay wise :/ , if you could do that you could release mod with what you have (which i guess is 50ish levels atm and custom UI/textures/shapes/sounds aka complete mod. better having 50 good levels than 100 low quality ones). From what I see now mod is done, polish your levels and release it, I am looking forward to actually playing it and I still have faith of it seeing daylight someday, idc what leadership is going on there, this discussion has turnt into pointless train wreck anyways so I'm gonna say this: if you all have managed to push it this far then you must push it to finish, how well you are gonna cross the finish line will be determined by how much effort you want to put into polishing rest of levels. MBEmerald was finished by 2 people from like 10 people team that left, graphics where great, levels needed polishing, I'm giving you guys constructive criticism, use it for once. Also sorry Rozi for not actually trying out your levels, I think you made most levels when I was barely active on forums, if you need any constructive criticism about your levels just ask someone around here, i have to try your levels too sometime.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
    makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
    Last edit: 01 Jun 2015 21:14 by RDs.The-dts-guy.
    • Frostfire
    • Senior Marbler
    • Senior Marbler
    • Multiplayer Mastery
    • Thank you received: 447
    01 Jun 2015 22:00 #165
    I say just let the mod succeed or die in peace. No need to start an argument because this person didn't give constructive criticism and this person was too nice to the super people etc.
    • Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    03 Jun 2015 03:54 #166

Jeff wrote:

Doesn't mp require like 700 lines of code?

Try 10,000 +

We're removing Multiplayer. annoying-ness with ghost marble, and just plain boring and pointless.

Call me Chris!

• Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    03 Jun 2015 17:05 #167

IsraeliRD wrote:

Eguy wrote: If you don't have faith in this mod, Matan, and you don't want to give advice, then why are you even posting on this topic? Just let the mod be until it's finished.

I wasn't planning on posting unless someone decided to go on a personal attack today.

Hey, I'm sorry if you think this is a "personal attack" but I really disagree. I was making a simple and reasonable point. Also, when I was talking about you posting on here, I was talking about your post much earlier about this mod being "dead."

-Jeff 2014
    • Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    03 Jun 2015 17:14 #168

RDs.empire wrote:

Rozi the Brazilian wrote: True, I'm not the mod leader, and I don't really care if I am or if I'm not. Matthieu did have the idea of taking parts of MBS and inserting them into MBU, but the level highlights (in other words, the really good levels), like Block Towers , Champion's Road, Agility , and Completionist .

Some of my thoughs. This is pure constructive criticism based on videos i saw above and those images you shared a while back. This is how I see mod now:
    Graphics are perfectly ok, it isn't any huge distractions to eyes, feels a bit cold but it goes with the theme. Levels rozi mentioned as his best indeed have some fresh ideas, gameplay is okayish, of course noting is perfect but it's best ive seen from this mod so far and few of them indeed made me want to wish to try them. For levels showed in screenies I gave my verdict a while back with few more images. Sounds and shapes are okay too, considering you did those from scratch with low blender and graphics making knowledge.
    I wish you guys would spend some more time on improving level quality gameplay wise :/ , if you could do that you could release mod with what you have (which i guess is 50ish levels atm and custom UI/textures/shapes/sounds aka complete mod. better having 50 good levels than 100 low quality ones). From what I see now mod is done, polish your levels and release it, I am looking forward to actually playing it and I still have faith of it seeing daylight someday, idc what leadership is going on there, this discussion has turnt into pointless train wreck anyways so I'm gonna say this: if you all have managed to push it this far then you must push it to finish, how well you are gonna cross the finish line will be determined by how much effort you want to put into polishing rest of levels. MBEmerald was finished by 2 people from like 10 people team that left, graphics where great, levels needed polishing, I'm giving you guys constructive criticism, use it for once.
    Also sorry Rozi for not actually trying out your levels, I think you made most levels when I was barely active on forums, if you need any constructive criticism about your levels just ask someone around here, i have to try your levels too sometime.

Very nice, RD.
    I've actually made a list of a bunch of stuff we need to do, which includes stuff like perfecting (or near-perfecting) levels (remember Catwalks and how boring it was? It looks much better! - I'll make a video), finishing hiding Easter Eggs, and making sure all levels are in their right difficulty.
    At the moment, it's pretty much only myself, and Matthieu that's seriously working on MBS, and we also have a new member or the team (check next post).
    We're gonna be polishing all the graphics and stuff at the end since it's not the most important thing in the world, and changing some of the graphic can't really make a huge impact on what we have now.
    Also RD, perfectly fine that you haven't play my levels. I now remember that you weren't as active when I started spilling out my customs. There's more people that I was hinting to.

Call me Chris!

• Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    03 Jun 2015 17:15 #169
    Sorry for the short notice...

Lee Zi Xian has been added to the team as a level tester because of his skill, and his judgement ability. Welcome Lee!
    Also, we might be able to use another tester (not completely sure if we have enough space). Any takes? :)

Call me Chris!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee
    • SourSpitballs
    • Banned
    • Banned
    • Hello There
    • Thank you received: 3
    03 Jun 2015 17:40 #170
    I'm up to help

Marble Blast Boyo
    • Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    03 Jun 2015 17:57 #171
    I'd be up to help too. Since I've been advocating for this mod's success for a long time and said a lot in its defense, it seems only appropriate that I should help test.

-Jeff 2014
    • Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    03 Jun 2015 18:23 #172

Rozi wrote: Sorry for the short notice...

Lee Zi Xian has been added to the team as a level tester because of his skill, and his judgement ability. Welcome Lee!
    Also, we might be able to use another tester (not completely sure if we have enough space). Any takes? :)

I should've said this here as well - here's what I said to Eguy on Skype:

well...im gonna have to check with Matt for 2 reasons
    one
    if he'll let you in in the first place
    and two
    there's something we all use called bitbucket
    and he only haas a limited space
    and right now, there's either only1 or no spaces left
    and he has to pay $10 a month for what he has now (something like that)
    so we made sure space for LeeZX
    and im not sure if Ender's actually part of the team again or now
    not*
    if he is, then I don't think there's space left
    if he's not, then there's space left
    im guessing that Ender's not part of the team, he's kinda flip-flopping

Thought that might've helped.

Call me Chris!

• Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    03 Jun 2015 19:03 #173
    So, you use a system in which you have to pay money to get testers? Also, if Ender is no longer with us does that mean there is room for me and balloon boy?

-Jeff 2014
    • Jeff
    • Elite Marbler
    • Elite Marbler
    • PlatinumQuest Programmer
    • Thank you received: 205
    03 Jun 2015 21:31 - 03 Jun 2015 21:33 #174
    good luck to eguy and balloon boy in super, if they get in that is :) I'm sure they're going to get a thrill.

I can't wait to see what "new" features and "new" graphics mattp makes :^)

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
    Last edit: 03 Jun 2015 21:33 by Jeff.
    • HiGuy
    • Lead Developer
    • Lead Developer
    • PQ Developer Emeritus
    • Thank you received: 604
    03 Jun 2015 21:32 #175
    Indeed. Looking forward to seeing what comes of this... new development.

This signature is real code
    Code:
    function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
    • Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    03 Jun 2015 21:40 #176
    I don't know why everyone bashes this mod. Just watched some videos of it and it looks extraordinarily good.

-Jeff 2014
    • Thank you received: 401
    03 Jun 2015 23:17 #177

Rozi wrote: there's something we all use called bitbucket
    and he only haas a limited space
    and right now, there's either only1 or no spaces left
    and he has to pay $10 a month for what he has now (something like that)

Just letting you know, GitLab offers free private Git repos with unlimited collaborators.

"You know you've spelled something wrong when the only search results are Jeff convos" - HiGuy
    • Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    03 Jun 2015 23:30 #178
    New MBS Video!

Call me Chris!

• Kalle29
    • I blame ping for losing
    • Thank you received: 754
    03 Jun 2015 23:51 #179

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, J@ckRB, Three, Kurt
    • Battlecube314
    • Professional Marbler
    • Professional Marbler
    • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
    • Thank you received: 155
    04 Jun 2015 02:26 #180
    Very nice level!
    Moderators: Doomblah
    Time to create page: 1.118 seconds
    We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.