lock Marble Blast Super [INCOMPLETE RELEASE]

• Thank you received: 198
04 Jun 2015 06:31 - 04 Jun 2015 06:32 #181
A NEW MBS VIDEO!

Thanks to Matthieu P. for the marble skin :)

lee is awesome
Last edit: 04 Jun 2015 06:32 by Lee. Reason: Video, not level :P
The topic has been locked.
  • SourSpitballs
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Hello There
  • Thank you received: 3
04 Jun 2015 07:19 #182
looks nice,i think at this rate this game will be realsed in any form now.

Marble Blast Boyo
  • MatthieuParizeau
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
04 Jun 2015 12:25 #183
Thanks Derpking, I've been looking for a better alternative to bitbucket :)
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
04 Jun 2015 13:42 #184

Lee Zi Xian wrote: A NEW MBS VIDEO!

God dammit Lee, stop bashin' all my times, buddy! (I guess you're a level tester though...so then is that what you're supposed to do? :))

Also, congratulations to Eguy for making the team! Everyone give him a hand!
For Balloon Boy's side, buddy, we really don't have anything against you - you're an awesome part of the community. We just took Eguy instead because he has been around longer, and he certainly knows what he's doing, like looking for bugs, glitches, or anything else that may cause a problem. But we really appreciate you offering to help. :)

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
04 Jun 2015 15:34 - 04 Jun 2015 15:39 #185
By the way, since almost every mod includes the MBG marble in our marble selection (including us), can we also include the Platinum marble (if Matan actually gives the mod a try)? We wanted to check with you guys first.

Call me Chris!

Last edit: 04 Jun 2015 15:39 by Nockess.
  • SourSpitballs
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Hello There
04 Jun 2015 16:40 #186

Rozi wrote:

Lee Zi Xian wrote: A NEW MBS VIDEO!

God dammit Lee, stop bashin' all my times, buddy! (I guess you're a level tester though...so then is that what you're supposed to do? :))

Also, congratulations to Eguy for making the team! Everyone give him a hand!
For Balloon Boy's side, buddy, we really don't have anything against you - you're an awesome part of the community. We just took Eguy instead because he has been around longer, and he certainly knows what he's doing, like looking for bugs, glitches, or anything else that may cause a problem. But we really appreciate you offering to help. :)

*sigh*Ok :(

Marble Blast Boyo
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
04 Jun 2015 20:00 #187
Soo...who wants another level review! I have a nice level to show. What are your guys' thoughts?

Call me Chris!

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
04 Jun 2015 22:26 - 04 Jun 2015 22:28 #188
Great to hear the mod is getting back on it's feet and you are taking criticism in mind. :)
Based on your screenies:
Sky boundaries: The core problem level consists of 80% time travels which render the playing part mostly collecting TT's and then slowly collecting gems. Basically theres too many TT's. The concept is new but wrongly executed IMO, I would directors cut this level actually or remade it to be more fun with something like those sky objects being small chunks of levels with different theme (something similar to many ramp matrixes in sky)instead of blocky structures that you have now .Even making some decent item placement would be nice (aka instead of putting items in each corner putting them in like 2corners from 4 etc).
Green climb- level feels classical and that's good, can't see any game breaking problems.
The screenie- Hard to tell from image, architecture is fine, can't really judge much without seeing the level in it's full view. But so far i'm intregued about this.

Also regarding startpad: make that lightbeam ''self illuminating'''in texture options in blender or make it more transparent, marble looks like it's in fog now.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 04 Jun 2015 22:28 by RDs.The-dts-guy.
  • StewMan46
  • StewMan46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
05 Jun 2015 21:24 #189
I'm also impressed with how this mod has come on. I see we have some new members to the MBSuper team. Welcome!
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
17 Jun 2015 19:07 #190
Stew, so you know when you computer's gonna get fixed of whatever's causing you to not be on Marble Blast recently at all?

Call me Chris!

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
18 Jun 2015 17:46 - 18 Jun 2015 20:59 #191
I know it's been a while, two weeks before this post.

Kalle29 wrote: ok, some critisism
­­­
­

• Don't include multiplayer. No one will want to play mp in MBS when MBP already has it. Making mp levels is perfectly fine, but what you're doing right now is a perfect example of when you want too much.

Multiplayer is out for good. We've taken the maps we had and put them in MBU.
­

• Don't steal. I haven't seen all of MBS but I can already see that you have blatantly copied levels and the UI. Being original is the way to go as it will make people excited for the mod and they will want to play it. Stealing levels will just make people disrespect you. And as RC said, there is no hype at all for MBS. Had you been original like whirligig's MBPU then people would have been hyped for the release.
  • Don't worry, we're taking out Water/Ice Master Course.
    ­

• Don't bite off more than you can chew. How many of you have worked on a full mod before? Not many I guess. The smartest thing to do would have been to do a level pack first, which leads me to my next point
  • At least for me, I've made custom levels, and I have quite a few. Can I actually have feedback?
    ­

• Actually listen to what people say. If you had made a level pack before you worked on a mod you could have received useful critisism that would have helped in your level making in MBS. And I know you don't want to hear people complain, which is understandable as it can be very annoying and demotivating; however you should still listen to what people such as, for example Matan, say. They have worked on mods before and can contribute a lot.
  • ­We've taken some ideas from you guys and thought about them. That was just not our peak.

• Better organisation. It was pure comdey gold when we found out that Stew didn't even have MBS. You need to have clear roles in the making of the mod. You need to know who is the leader, who does the coding, who does the level making etc. From what I've seen you haven't been organised at all. And remember to communicate with eachother all the time about what's going on so no one thinks that everything is going smoothly when there actually is a problem that needs to be solved.

We have a definite resign from Endy, and there may be another one. I can't remember

This is a perfect example of how you don't communicate, had you actually communicated with eachother you would know that for sure
  • Ender's back in for good. He's made an awesome contribution since then.

EDIT: Two weeks ago when Kalle posted, it was certainly not our peak. We're still not at our peak, but it's coming along nicely, and we have a few new features. People who have given hate for the mod can calm down, because it's getting irritating, and it's completely pointless, because we're still going on with the mod. Don't try and stop us.

Call me Chris!

Last edit: 18 Jun 2015 20:59 by Nockess.
    • StewMan46
    • StewMan46's Avatar Topic Author
    • Professional Marbler
    • Professional Marbler
    • Thank you received: 46
    18 Jun 2015 18:45 #192
    Im also returning to the mod when my computer is fixed. I wont be leader though ;)
    • Jeff
    • Elite Marbler
    • Elite Marbler
    • PlatinumQuest Programmer
    • Thank you received: 205
    18 Jun 2015 18:47 - 18 Jun 2015 19:11 #193
    I wasn't going to reply, until I saw this:

This is just not our peak. We're still quite focused on it. Congratulations, you can be quiet now.

Let's get a couple of things straightened out here, before you reply in the future over a couple of weeks late.
    1. Kalle's post was made May 31st, this post that you made today is June 18th, so over 2 weeks have passed.
    2. Kalle's post was made before MattP and yourself even decided to redo the mod and/or continue it
    3. You specifically said that MBSuper was "99% dead" at the time of Kalle's post

Let's get to the specifics:

Multiplayer is out for good. We've taken the maps we had and put them in MBU.

You've made it very clear about this, and you're replying late, and kalle's post was before you said no MP. Irreverent.

Don't worry, we're taking out Water/Ice Master Course.

>Implying W/IMC is the only thing stolen.

At least for me, I've nade custom levels, and I have quite a few. Can I actually have feedback?

If you want criticism, actually make use of it. It's obvious that the MBSuper staff [the majority] doesn't care at all about criticism that is helpful and is only looking for praise. And don't say that's not true, look at all of the advice provided for super and it's just been shoved to a back burner and ignored (And if you do not believe me, read the rest at this post and look at the last part).

We've taken some ideas from you guys and thought about them. This is just not our peak.

What ideas to be exact? I'm curious myself, as I've not seen much besides removing multiplayer.

Ender's back in for good. He's made an awesome contribution since then.

You completely ignored Kalle in your post by saying that Ender is back. Him coming back actually further makes Kalle's claim that you guys don't communicate. In the PlatinumTeam, we actually write stuff down and talk about it for hours in our staff chats. We have organization, we know what each other is working on, and most importantly we ask each other for help and self-criticize each other whenever we make stuff for constant feedback, instead of patting each other on the back and saying gg off to the next thing. When we have a problem, we fix it (usually :P). That's communication.

Now, back to what I was originally wanting to state before going off through all of the responses. To recap:

This is just not our peak. We're still quite focused on it. Congratulations, you can be quiet now.

You specifically asked for help multiple times which is great! The sad part is, who's going to offer help whenever you tell people to be quiet. We as a community are getting mixed messages from this mod, because on one hand we try to help and on the other hand, we just get flat out yelled at. Think carefully on the next PR post as to not confuse people! :)

Edit: Stewman's post is a perfect example about communication!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
    Last edit: 18 Jun 2015 19:11 by Jeff.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: RC, Kalle29, StewMan46, tporter
    • Kalle29
    • I blame ping for losing
    • Thank you received: 754
    18 Jun 2015 19:05 - 18 Jun 2015 19:05 #194
    Well put, Jeff. I just wanna add that it seems like you're defending yourself against the criticism instead of keeping it in mind when you work on the mod. I don't really wanna hear what you have to say you did in response to what I said, I wanna see it; as in actual progress.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
    Last edit: 18 Jun 2015 19:05 by Kalle29.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, RC
    • Frostfire
    • Senior Marbler
    • Senior Marbler
    • Multiplayer Mastery
    • Thank you received: 447
    18 Jun 2015 19:37 #195
    In all fairness to the mod, they were yelled at a bit by a couple of people who had no constructive criticism but only hate for the mod. This being said, I totally agree with Jeff's post. Kalle was definitely one of the people giving constructive criticism, not hating, and saying "Congratulations, you can be quiet now" to him is going to do nothing to help your mod.
    • Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    18 Jun 2015 20:40 - 18 Jun 2015 20:57 #196
    I actually meant it to the people who have just given hate on the mod, which I admit I did not explain at all, and I actually really didn't mean to fire it at Kalle in the first place. Sorry :side:

Yes, this was made two weeks later than Kalle's post. Totally fair, and I can't really understand why I posted that in the first place. I wasn't really even clear about that much. :unsure:

EDIT: Other post updated, with more explanation and a better ending paragraph.

Call me Chris!

Last edit: 18 Jun 2015 20:57 by Nockess.
    • Jeff
    • Elite Marbler
    • Elite Marbler
    19 Jun 2015 03:02 - 19 Jun 2015 03:03 #197
    This topic is out of control. It will be locked until us Admins come to an agreement of what can be done about this.

I am not letting this hole dig itself deeper.

TOPIC LOCKED.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
    Last edit: 19 Jun 2015 03:03 by Jeff.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy, RC, J@ckRB, StewMan46, Eguy
    • Jeff
    • Elite Marbler
    • Elite Marbler
    19 Jun 2015 23:47 #198
    This topic has been locked as it violates our Terms of Service. This topic will remain locked until sufficient proof is provided to us by members of the Marble Blast Super staff that they have removed the infringed material from their game client in accordance to the Terms of Service.

See this post for more information:

Read the post HERE

To see our TOS:

Read the TOS HERE

TOPIC LOCKED.

• Jeff
    • Elite Marbler
    • Elite Marbler
    21 Jun 2015 16:48 #199
    Since the team complied to remove the stuff that broke the TOS, this will be opened back up. However, it will be locked again if spams or flamewars start. So parties from both sides as well as the community, please act civil!

• Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    21 Jun 2015 16:57 - 22 Jun 2015 01:25 #200
    This is a level I just made which was inspired by MBP's the Tale of the Tall Skyscraper, and MBG's Skyscraper. I felt the urge for a skyscraper level, and here you go. Not showing anything more previews, 'cause we're doing videos next! :cheer: ;)

Call me Chris!

Last edit: 22 Jun 2015 01:25 by Nockess.
    • SourSpitballs
    • Banned
    • Banned
    • Hello There
    21 Jun 2015 16:57 #201
    Well,um........Is this mod still gonna go on?

Marble Blast Boyo
    • Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    21 Jun 2015 17:00 - 23 Jun 2015 11:57 #202

Emerald Marble wrote: Well,um........Is this mod still gonna go on?

For Matt and myself, we've been seriously cramming our time away on the mod, and it's looks amazing now.
    So yes. We are still going, and we're gonna release it.

Call me Chris!

Last edit: 23 Jun 2015 11:57 by ProMarbler. Reason: Spell checking, brought to you by PM! ('gong')
    • J@ckRB
    • Professional Marbler
    • Professional Marbler
    • *some self-degrading humour*
    • Thank you received: 164
    21 Jun 2015 17:05 #203

Emerald Marble wrote: Well,um........Is this mod still gonna go on?

Yes, hopefully. The dispute has been solved so, as long the ToS is complied with from now on, it is merely up to the MBSuper staff to work on and continue the mod, and I sincerely hope they do.

I'll second Jeff's call for the discussion to be civil, as to be honest, what the majority of people were trying to say was okay in theory, but the way it was put across was not the best.

But anyway, looking forward to more level previews, because I want (well I think everyone does) the negativity to be replaced with positivity instead. :)

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff
    • Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    21 Jun 2015 17:11 #204

J@ckrb wrote: But anyway, looking forward to more level previews, because I want (well I think everyone does) the negativity to be replaced with positivity instead. :)

This'll be the last level preview for a while, as we don't want to give out too much.
    Review please? :P

Call me Chris!

• Ralph
    • Senior Marbler
    • Senior Marbler
    • Matan's Fervent Fan
    • Thank you received: 136
    21 Jun 2015 17:19 #205
    I think the powerup voices are depressive. Rozi, expect a PM from me, I'm re-doing all those voices now!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
    Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    21 Jun 2015 17:23 #206

Ralph Marbler wrote: I think the powerup voices are depressive. Rozi, expect a PM from me, I'm re-doing all those voices now!

Wait, you're still in the mod? We all thought you were out.

Call me Chris!

• J@ckRB
    • Professional Marbler
    • Professional Marbler
    • *some self-degrading humour*
    • Thank you received: 164
    21 Jun 2015 17:28 - 21 Jun 2015 17:29 #207

Rozi wrote: This'll be the last level preview for a while, as we don't want to give out too much.
    Review please? :P

Fine :P

The level itself looks fine, no obvious flaws and looks good overall (well what I can see anyways). Looking forward to playing! :)

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo
    Last edit: 21 Jun 2015 17:29 by J@ckRB. Reason: use preview button before posting ya genius
    • SourSpitballs
    • Banned
    • Banned
    • Hello There
    21 Jun 2015 17:36 #208
    Is their ANY spots in this mod that i can help with,i want to help a bit to make this game better.

Marble Blast Boyo
    • Ralph
    • Senior Marbler
    • Senior Marbler
    • Matan's Fervent Fan
    • Thank you received: 136
    21 Jun 2015 18:01 #209

Rozi wrote:

Ralph Marbler wrote: I think the powerup voices are depressive. Rozi, expect a PM from me, I'm re-doing all those voices now!

Wait, you're still in the mod? We all thought you were out.

Nope, I'm still there, but I don't do much things, since I lost the copy of the mod...

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
    Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    21 Jun 2015 18:30 #210

Emerald Marble wrote: Is their ANY spots in this mod that i can help with,i want to help a bit to make this game better.

Well, let's see. What's your Marble Blast specialty?

Ralph Marbler wrote: Nope, I'm still there, but I don't do much things, since I lost the copy of the mod...

Get to any of us on Skype (RoziGames for me) and we can hook you up with TortoiseGit or SourceTree, where you can get commits constantly. Best option is to PM Matt.

Call me Chris!

Moderators: Doomblah
    Time to create page: 1.188 seconds
    We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.