Nice work!!! B)
The topic has been locked.
  • RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
14 Nov 2014 14:33 #92
The GUI,TEXTURES and MODELS were so awesome that it looks better than PQ.
Wait a second, did I just see PQ menu feature here??(can tell what it is but you will surely find out if you had seen the whole RC1 stream or own PQ itself)

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy
  • Thank you received: 43
15 Nov 2014 00:46 #93
  • lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
  • Thank you received: 96
02 Jan 2015 03:11 #94
I'll apply for Level Editing. World Record, here I go!

"tl;dr joj" - legenda 2016
  • Thank you received: 123
02 Jan 2015 18:22 #95
Keep in mind that it would also require serious commitment on your part. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, StewMan46
  • StewMan46
  • StewMan46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
02 Jan 2015 19:06 #96
Yes, PM is right.
  • Thank you received: 3
03 Jan 2015 04:10 #97
When this mod is released, time to get some WRs!

with the music and the lights and everything :P
  • Thank you received: 0
03 Jan 2015 05:01 #98
IF you want I will give it a full play through and try to find all the exploits and any glitches before you release. sorry corner velocity glitcher no cheating for you ^_^.
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
26 Jan 2015 03:14 #99
If you need an extra level maker, count me in! I'll be happy to help!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
  • StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
26 Jan 2015 07:53 #100
Yeah sure!!
29 Jan 2015 03:13 - 29 Jan 2015 03:14 #101
You can contact us, use skype.

My contact is Endy.
You can add me as a contact.
I will accept the contact and give you further instructions.

It would be nice, super can use some more levels, and good ones too.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2015 03:14 by Endy.
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
11 Feb 2015 03:58 #102
I'm not sure what this is, or if was even intended, but the Marble Blast Super webpage just shows something about an Elite Hackers thing and I don't know what the heck it is. I don't really havemuch else to say, its just that.

...and no, I didn't do it :angry:

Call me Chris!

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
11 Feb 2015 04:53 #103

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
12 Feb 2015 00:58 #104
Don't worry, the website is "almost" done with its recovery.
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
07 Apr 2015 16:16 #105
What's going on with MBS at the moment? It seems so quiet and abandoned. What the deal?

Call me Chris!

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
07 Apr 2015 17:36 #106
If you ask the devs, they'll tell you that its alive and dandy, but we haven't seen any progress updates, text or video ;)

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
09 Apr 2015 17:08 #107

Endy wrote: You can contact us, use skype.

My contact is Endy.
You can add me as a contact.
I will accept the contact and give you further instructions.

It would be nice, super can use some more levels, and good ones too.

Heh heh, I searched Skype and found SSSOOOOOOO many "Endy's". Would doing mine be easier since my skype name is much, much, MUCH more uncommon? (RoziGames)

Call me Chris!

11 Apr 2015 08:01 #108
You haven't heard from us for a while, but we have been making alot of progress. Here are some of the 9 levels we made so far.

Block Tower by Rozi:
i.imgur.com/Il9QUVm.png

Champions Road by BlastedMarble
i.imgur.com/goMZGTy.png

Hazardous Ascent by David:
i.imgur.com/duNv11x.png

Whatever goes Up by Endy
i.imgur.com/ldRVbTr.png

Colorful Nation by Matt:
i.imgur.com/2ERe6iS.png

Epic Sprawl by Matt:
i.imgur.com/O0IrX3C.png

Half Pipe Fun( can't remember name) by BlastedMarble
i.imgur.com/fcvlk66.png

Folley by BlastedMarble
i.imgur.com/CzwAoYT.png

Centroid by Blasted Marble
i.imgur.com/bgS7A9x.png
  • lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
12 Apr 2015 00:55 - 12 Apr 2015 00:56 #109
what about the textures for MBSuper since I am making a "fold maze" map for this mod.

Last edit: 12 Apr 2015 00:56 by lxgenda.
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
12 Apr 2015 02:05 #110
I may also be interested in helping, but only if there is actual progress being made on this mod...
12 Apr 2015 02:48 #111
Legenda, I can send the textures through a PM. You will be mentioned in the credits if you do so.

Frostfire, what do you mean by actual progress? I just showed 9 of our levels. What would you help with?

~Endy
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
12 Apr 2015 03:13 #112
keep looking hilarious guys

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
12 Apr 2015 03:14 #113
looks like I am using MBP textures to make the level. :o

12 Apr 2015 05:59 #114

Jeff wrote: keep looking hilarious guys

Oh, we will!
  • Thank you received: 123
12 Apr 2015 12:02 #115
Now, now. No fighting, please! :)

I believe Frosty was referring to what you did not show, rather that what you were showing (levels). People want to think that there's more going on behind the scenes than just level building. And that's a loose concept; there's really more to it than that.

Ideally, you should be working on or have active plans for all necessary components of the game. Levels are just a small part of it. And though you might want to release everything you have, to show "progress", take note that not all levels and ideas should be accepted or make it to release. In shorter terms, you should be willing to pick and choose your levels and give them feedback on areas that could use improvement, and/or outright tell them that their level isn't up to par with the mod's quality standards.

That's a few tips of advice. ;)

~ PM
The following user(s) said Thank You: StewMan46, Frostfire
  • RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
12 Apr 2015 13:05 - 12 Apr 2015 13:07 #116
I have slightly longer post by pro, wrote this before he did his post. Anyways here's my view on this.

I'm not sure if anyone whos been doing speedrunning or hunt mode a lot has tried levels before (I'm not nether of them in any high level) but from looks of it some of them need some slight changes and improvements. Not in interior quality way but in gameplay and layout way.
Here's my thoughts (Note they are based on what I see in images, everything may or may not be the same if i would play the actual level so take my criticism with a grain of salt):

Block tower: can't see whole level so hard to judge but it seems like level is accomplishing it's original intentions, though I suspect one tiny annoyance with marble spinning and launching itself off platforms.
Champions road: I'd say best one from the bunch, can't say anything much, I would actually be looking forward to play it. Only way this level could go wrong is if any of the challenges are really tricky to execute, have some major annoyances.
Hazardous ascend: Looks like something taken from CLA level pack. I mean sure I get the idea, it's just horribly executed. By making a wall of hazards and stretching mines you don't make a hazardous challenge, you just make a wall of hazards. Usually the way you know you've placed hazards wrong is if you can't get through them or avoid them by rolling. If there's some jumping challenge in between then until you reach that jumping challenge IMO you should be able to get to it by rolling.
Whatever goes up: looks good, should also play fine.
Colorful nation: I'm confused by this layout. I see what has been original intention here but it just went wrong. Just by better gem placement this level would be improved a lot.
Epic sprawl: I have nothing to say much about this since I can hardly understand all pathways but I'll just tell why I think original sprawl as map is so good. Sprawl's main layout is 3x3 square. From any of the the sectors in that square you can get to different square quite easly by eather using fluid pathways or if square is blocked off more than the others, there's powerups or higher land that helps you reaching it if utilized with skill. Yet there are still some places left that eat your time if you fail. There isn't overwhelming amount of powerups aether, it's balanced. Basically just slapping architectural peaces of sprawl together doesn't make a good hunt level. It's the layout that does. I'm not saying your layout is bad, i can see lot of good things in it but I see some possible issues too.
Half pipe fun: Can't say much until I play it, there are some concerns I won't mention because they are just speculations. :P If gems are placed correctly though and you can collect them one after another if executed properly, then this level has potential.
Folley: Hard to tell anything from image, if this is hunt level then symmetrical layout imo isn't the best. Getting around map looks odd too. The reason why for ex: ramp matrix works as hunt level is good gem placement lower and higher ground and powerups that allow you to scale map easily and backs up huge height difference.
Centroid: interesting and promising layout/idea. Powerup placement in some places makes no sense. Teleporters idea is good, I would place them in different places though. I expect I would fall obb a lot, then again this advanced hunt level.

You guys need someone who can give you good constructive criticism. Someone outside of current mod team that can test it and say with fresh perspective what he/she thinks is wrong and good. When you make a level and play it ask yourself: Is this fun, is this layout creative, [optional] can I come up with more than one way to execute the level. If there is challenge that is plain annoying to you then it will certainly be annoying to everyone else not talking about less experienced players. There is difference between fun, challenging and bad, annoying. I have scrapped few of my maps because they felt too hard or it they weren't playing that well in past.
To sum up what I want to say with all this is: Don't let your mod turn into MBEmerald which had lot of levels but was forgotten fast. It wasn't bad mod, it's just people didn't enjoyed it much. I believe with some improvements it is possible to make your mod a lot better. Remember that core of any good mod is good gameplay. Graphics come second and currently graphics for your mod are perfectly fine. What all of you should work on most now is polishing gameplay. ;)

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 12 Apr 2015 13:07 by RDs.The-dts-guy.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
12 Apr 2015 15:57 #117

To sum up what I want to say with all this is: Don't let your mod turn into MBEmerald which had lot of levels but was forgotten fast. It wasn't bad mod, it's just people didn't enjoyed it much.

It had a pretty big problem realised only after release: the scenery.
The placement of scenery meant that quite a few levels that were both fun+good have had some massive shortcuts that outright cut on replayability.

Unfortunately in the core of mods nowadays, which I'm happy to say Fubar and PQ are excluded from, you often see the mod devs playing them strictly for top times, and rather than showcase the levels and make them have good design, you see bad design, time travels and how to get the fastest expected path.
It's about the levels, not about speedrunning.

There is also lots of wrong in the levels I've seen in Super so far. You can say you have excellent features, but you don't have the levels to back it up.

To further comment on the pics RDs posted:
1st one notice how more than half the level is unused.
2nd one the whole thing is bad, and double fans is not the brightest idea if this is a beginner level

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
12 Apr 2015 16:08 #118
Very good point
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
12 Apr 2015 21:32 #119
Even if it looks like MBS is not doing so well or if it's doing awesome, I (at least, maybe the other parts of the team, I'm not sure) do appreciate the feedback you guys have been giving us, negative or positive. This does help with what we could work on, what could be changed, and what could be expanded. I am kinda running out of ideas on levels (Great job, Rozi. Nice way to be a good part of the team. :unsure: - Don't judge.), I was actually wondering if you guys had any ideas we could use in the mod, since what you would like could be in the mod so it would be sh*t.

Call me Chris!

• Thank you received: 368
12 Apr 2015 22:58 - 12 Apr 2015 23:03 #120
Some simple advice; be original and be creative. Think outside of the box. We've all played the MBG and MBP levels hundreds of times, and there's thousands of custom levels that have already presented the challenges I've seen in this mod's level screenshots thus far. How will you make this mod one that we'll want to pick up and play tomorrow, or next week?

Multiplayer has been done, so what's going to make players swarm to play Marble Blast Super over MBP? Is it really worth it to spend a majority of your development time working on a feature that's already been perfected in a different mod? Why not release a series of Custom Multiplayer Levels and focus on more original content for your mod to make it unique?

I would almost advise against the previous tidbits of advice and suggest focusing on Gameplay Mechanics first. The UI screenshots have some interesting features, such as the compass and (I think) a rear-view camera. Can you think of a way to incorporate these new features into your standard gameplay? If not, what's the point of cluttering up the user's interface? Does your new feature provide a new and exciting challenge or mechanic for the player, or is it something that will ultimately frustrate the majority of your player base?

The textures I've seen in the screenshots posted so far give off a rather retro-arcade feel. Perhaps you should focus on more beginner level designs where the challenge comes from path-finding and PowerUp usage rather than skillshots (i.e. Hazard Tower...) Marble Madness did not have extensively difficult level designs, but proved to be rather challenging for players.

And, as always, test early and test often. I'll admit, Fubar has gone through maybe four or five different "beta" phases over the past seven years, but each one of these beta phases identified some core changes that had to be made to the game as a whole before I could proceed down my current development path. I've ended up enhancing and cutting hundreds of hours of work to ensure the gameplay is quick-paced and entertaining. It's no easy task, but it's what differentiates a "good" mod from an extraordinary and groundbreaking mod.

I hope this advice only serves to better enhance your mod and your progress, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors!

~Aayrl
Last edit: 12 Apr 2015 23:03 by Aayrl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ProMarbler
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.082 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.