lock Marble Blast SuperStar [IN PROGRESS]

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
16 Jun 2011 04:47 #121
I don't have access to pics at the moment, but Main Menu is already done. We need the Options gui, Help gui, and in-game GUI, like powerup box, numbers, etc., as well as end-mission GUI...

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
The topic has been locked.
  • NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • An Ordinary Marble Blaster
  • Thank you received: 70
16 Jun 2011 08:59 #122
oh , do you mean , im make the gui pictures , not edit the GUI's at all (positions ,etc?)
If you mean gui is like edit position, make new buttons , new slider, gui tricks , etc . Thats my job.
But if you mean make the buttons . Sorry , im can't do that.

So what is the correct one?

I'm just an ordinary marble blaster who like to create new and unusual things.

Creator of the Marble Blast GLC series
Check out and download my custom levels here .
Check out my original musics in this thread and in my soundcloud here .
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
16 Jun 2011 09:12 #123
Edit GUI positions etc. is something anyone can, it's the making pictures that's asked for.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • An Ordinary Marble Blaster
  • Thank you received: 70
16 Jun 2011 13:09 #124
so that's tech said , sorry tech , im out from staff ! If i have time , i'll left a level here!

I'm just an ordinary marble blaster who like to create new and unusual things.

Creator of the Marble Blast GLC series
Check out and download my custom levels here .
Check out my original musics in this thread and in my soundcloud here .
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
16 Jun 2011 22:41 #125
That's 2 now...

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
17 Jun 2011 04:09 #126
Sorry for double-post!

PROGRESS REPORT:

Levels Created: 2. Terrible Review on one. I'm going to professionalize it... Working on next one, Ramp Ultra.

I'm still deciding whether or not to release Ramp Ultra or not... I probably will, but we'll see... What's Ramp Ultra?

Name: Ramp Ultra
Difficulty: 17/20
Realm: Elite Realm (10/10)
Stats:

There are three parts to this level:

Gray Section: HUGE opportunity for pathfinding! You must use your precision and speed to pass these challenges!

Green Section: This section is more of a strategy/puzzle section. It uses ramps in new ways.

Red Section: (Currently being worked on) Agility section. This is the hardest and biggest section. You must use speed, precision, strength, and balance, as well as your wits, to pass these challenges!

In the entire level, there are only 3 checkpoints. Why? Because the goal of the Elite Realm is to push your skills to the max, as it's the final realm in the game... 1 checkpoint leading into green part, 1 leading to the red part, and one inside the Agility Buiding, which is a place of the level that's a huge room of ramps and challenges!

Ramp Ultra, the ultimate ramping challenge! While I'm at it I might as well tell you a little bit about the Elite Realm and its physical appearance:

Very dark and mystical-like. Skybox is cake: simply a black background. The textures, however, are bright bright! White, gray, and other ambient hues... Challenges... I'm trying my best not to make them uber-extreme, but still make them difficult, know what I mean? Ramp Ultra is a great example... Imagine if there were no checkpoints. That would make the level uber!

Some other challenges in the Elite Realm:

Wall Run - Ultimate wall-hitting challenge!
Momentum - Challenge that tests your speed... You must try your best not to overdue or underdue it!
Factory Fear - Split pathways through an unstable factory... Which is the fastest?
Pi - You'll need good mathematics skills to pass this!
Inside the Human Body - You must make the perilous journey from the foot all the way up to the brain!! This 'll be a while to make...

P.S. If there is anyone out there that can simply code a checkpoint for me, I'd appreciate it! Otherwise I have to keep playing these levels in MBP and won't be able to put them in MBS...

• Thank you received: 1
17 Jun 2011 23:20 #127
#1. Could you come up with a non-mod named realm? (Not I'm mad just I don't want you to be accused of stealing.)

#2. There is a small button that says Modify that is located at the top fight hand corner of your previous post, it's not illegal to use it.
  • Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
17 Jun 2011 23:22 #128
1) You can't even say that's stealing. Elite is an adjective. Your mod chose it. Too bad, he shouldn't have to change it.

2) It was a big update, and if he modified, nobody would have seen it anytime soon.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
17 Jun 2011 23:24 #129
#1 - I came up with that name 7-8 months ago, which was before MBElite. I'm not changing.

#2 - I realize that, but I wanted to bump this thread so people would actually come to it. Not a bump as in posting in a month-old thread, but a bump as in making it the last updated topic, you know?

EDIT: I was ninja'd by Ian. Basically what Ian said

• Thank you received: 0
17 Jun 2011 23:59 #130
#1 Why is everyone listing stuff? We are getting a bit off topic discussing double posting and names. I could make a mod called MB Bill and nobody would give a crap.

#2 Any updates?
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
18 Jun 2011 00:01 #131
Yep. The post above Explode's is the most recent update thusfar...

18 Jun 2011 00:05 #132
Looks good! I loke (damn typos) like the themes.
  • Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
18 Jun 2011 01:09 #133
Quote:Looks good! I loke (damn typos) like the themes.

It's called a backspace. People don't have to know you made a typo.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
18 Jun 2011 06:02 #134
Thanks RandomGuy! Glad you like the themes...

Still need some texture makers!! I really can't begin making levels for MBS without textures... I mean I can, but I can't keep making levels with MBP textures... If anyone would like to submit any work, I'll be happy! Some abstract textures will do, and some patterned textures will do! Themed/realistic will be perfect if anyone can do that, but right now I just need some textures, and honestly I stink at graphic designing...

EDIT:

Quote:P.S. If there is anyone out there that can simply code a checkpoint for me, I'd appreciate it! Otherwise I have to keep playing these levels in MBP and won't be able to put them in MBS...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jun 2011 01:26 #135
Guys, look at the above post so I dont' have to rewrite it again, while I tell you some news.

Remember the level, Ramp Ultra I told you about? Well, that level is STILL in progress. It's been a good 2-3 weeks and definitely 24+ hours I've spent on it. Here is a pic of the red ssection. I split it into two, but I still have that vislink error!

Meanwhile, I've also built some beginner levels, too. Well, one complete, working on others. Treat the above post as it's part of this one and PLEASE atleast consider something...

28 Jun 2011 02:14 #136
Looks cool! BTW, (sorry for n00b question), what's a visilink error?
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jun 2011 02:24 #137
I really don't know... It seems to be an error I got with a 'node' that I can't figure out. Matan told me to cut the map into two, which I did. Must figure out how else!

• Thank you received: 18
28 Jun 2011 02:28 #138
I told you to make the quarter-loop as a separate map, then just add it wherever you need it with the LE. Right now, you have many loops in one map, which is sure to break it.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jun 2011 02:39 #139
..Wouldn't that lead to several misalignments? Plus, one of the .maps has far more ramps than this, so that couldn't be it...

Also, that vislink didn't come until I added that platform with the water and another ramp... It's got to have something to do with that...

Pablo, you're thinking of a different map and error I told you about. This is new...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
28 Jun 2011 03:15 #140
Let's answer everyone at once:

Vislink error usually means broken polys or polys done in a way map2dif can't handle properly. They usually come when you have huge maps or you've done non-basic platforming. Non-basics include: slopes, brush substraction, smooth slopes/curves, loops, half loops, pipes, quarter pipes, half pipes, spheres etc etc etc.
Users of Constructor are more bound to experience vislink errors more than QuArK users at a greater frequency.

Now, I don't know where TW got that I told him to cut the map into two, I always say to split it for as many parts as you need in order to convert. That doesn't mean two, that means 5, 10, 25, 100! I easily made a map that uses 15 interiors in order for it to work or else you vislink (and that's after my vislink quick-fix addition). The map TW had sent to me would easily need at least 5 or 10 maps just to get it to convert.

Finally, converting a map to an interior. The great thing about it is that the 0 0 0 of the map in the mission file, is the location of the interior. Take Ski Slopes from MBG, that's made up of THREE interiors, all of them at 0 0 0. Why is not aligned? Because when Alex made his map, he made it all, and then took each of the 3 parts separately and pasted it to a new map file. Since the location of the polys goes to the original location in the old map rather than the map's own 0 0 0, when you make it as an interior and place it at 0 0 0, you get perfect alignment.

In PQ, when I had the 15 interiors, I had each one placed in its original location on the 1 huge map. That way after converting, placing them all at 0 0 0 means perfect alignment and you wouldn't even tell that.

If you vislink, you gotta figure out yourself what was the error, when did it come up and how to solve it (usually by splitting the map into several parts).

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
18 Jul 2011 04:08 #141
BUMP:

www.marbleblast.com/index.cgi?board=blog...display&thread=12310

This isn't very bright for the future of MBS... Meanwhile, we've got staff wanting a staff version, but there's literally nothing in it now! Progress is indeed coming along, but without levels it's all useless! There were some suggestions on how to fix the problem in the above link, however I just recently figured out that the hard drive is PHYSICALLY broken, not dead...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
31 Jul 2011 05:58 #142
Alright, I know that the future of MBS doesn't look good, but I assure you we will rise it up! ...Again! I think I may have gone a bit over-my-head with how I began, and while I was working. Currently, I've decided it's best to back all the way back down to the planning stage. So staff, you can pause all MBS work for now. I've done a bit of planning in the past few days, and came to a few general conclusions:

- Yes, 300 levels is outrageous. We are backing it down to 200 levels, 10 realms. This mod will be one of the major mods (meaning a full list of new levels, features, etc.), and I expect it to be as good as MBE. Because currently it's not, that's why I'm going back to planning.

- Featuers? I still think they're great ideas, and Lamp has already coded some. We'll be featuring all of MBP's features (as they're too good to pass up) plus more. I've got the general codes for most of them, except that checkpoint! ...Well, and teleporter. I'm still a beginner at coding.

- GUI. Honestly, this'll be the hardest for me. I am terrible at making GUI! Textures, marble, whatever, I just can't do it! Same with skies. Maybe it's just because I haven't actually taken the time to learn the programs... I should give that a shot.

- Music. I made all of it back in December, when I was a bit more of a novice. I'm redoing almost all of it.

- As for the level-building and construction itself, well, the above post...

Though things are looking bad now, don't give up on this mod, guys! Remember that I've still got every single detail and planning stuff from MBSS... All except the levels I made.

31 Jul 2011 06:03 #143
Well, let's just give it time and see how it goes! Relax... it'll get done eventually.
31 Jul 2011 14:07 #144
Tech, your levels have really been improving lately. I suggest you continue to make custom levels and get feedback until you're much better. If you're going to put 1000 hours in to this mod (which is about what 200 good levels take), you should jump in with the best possible skills.
  • Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
31 Jul 2011 15:52 #145
I agree. Marble Blast Emerald (started by me, when I was as much a beginner as you right now) took 3 years to finish. We ended up with... 68 official levels? Plus Directors Cut? I am merely suggesting that 200 is as unachieveable as 300 for someone with a small staff and low public hype.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
31 Jul 2011 19:07 #146
*sigh* Read this: www.marbleblast.com/index.cgi?board=blog...display&thread=12310

I'm not able to make levels anymore... I'm sure most of you already know this. To elaborate, I can't recover them or anything either. It's impossible. Plus, my other two comps can't even handle the program, which stinks... Heck, I was in the middle of a new custom level before it broke... This is why things aren't looking good.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
31 Jul 2011 20:35 #147
Well that sucks.

Perhaps you should consider QuArK, maybe it will work on you computer.
31 Jul 2011 22:28 #148
Reinstall Constructor and keep on learning how to make levels. It's a shame you lost your stuff, but you can recover.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
31 Jul 2011 22:31 #149
No. I can't. The hard drive is PHYSICALLY BROKEN. Not technologically... Meaning, it's not that I can't boot from it or there's something wrong with it, but rather there are physical dents and breaks in the drive itself... I can't use it anymore.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
31 Jul 2011 22:33 #150
Then use the hard drive of the computer you are using now
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.134 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.