lock Marble Blast SuperStar [IN PROGRESS]

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
04 May 2011 03:29 #1
*sigh* *sigh* I know what ya'lls are probably thinkin': ANOTHER noob mod! And you know what, you're probably right! BUT I still would LIKE to post up some info and just, you know, well, IT'S A MOD so... ya anyways:

It's called Marbel Blast SuperStar. I started in December, 2010, and haven't gotten much done... I made new textures, did all the new music, made new sounds, Jeff (from MBO) made me some interiors for an interior test, blah blah blah... So Constructor isn't working so as of now I can't make levels until I get a new computer or something... So, uh, if anyone would like to atleast think about think about joining, just please let me know . 'Cause I need help before this mod ends up dying. I've worked months alone on it, and now I feel like it will die... So please! Help MBS rise up again!

Oh and just let me say, PABLO, I've read your mod-destroying (as they call it ) post about mods atleast 100 times, so please, no need to put it up .

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 25
04 May 2011 03:31 #2
Well, i'm looking foreward to it! 2 things. Have you planned any levels yet?
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
04 May 2011 03:33 #3
@RC - Yes. PLANNED them, like I said I can't make them . I've planned atleast the first 100 levels...

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
  • Thank you received: 25
04 May 2011 03:36 #4
I think I could make some constructor interiors and some graphics, but currently I don't have enough time to do that .
  • Thank you received: 18
04 May 2011 03:40 #5
May 3, 2011, 8:29pm, techwarrior wrote:Oh and just let me say, PABLO, I've read your mod-destroying (as they call it ) post about mods atleast 100 times, so please, no need to put it up .

I'm really sorry . . . I thought I had added enough effectiveness to that thread. I'll go back and try harder.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
04 May 2011 03:44 #6
May 3, 2011, 8:40pm, pablovasquez wrote:
May 3, 2011, 8:29pm, techwarrior wrote:Oh and just let me say, PABLO, I've read your mod-destroying (as they call it ) post about mods atleast 100 times, so please, no need to put it up .

I'm really sorry . . . I thought I had added enough effectiveness to that thread. I'll go back and try harder.

Oh my gosh LOL . (Please don't )

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
04 May 2011 04:30 #7
Reminds me of The Sims: Superstar expansion pack...

Good luck with your mod, suggestions are learn QuArK (use 6.6 beta 3 please) and if the mod does die, DO release everything you got, this will earn community respect a lot more than just dead mod and that's it.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Thank you received: 15
04 May 2011 05:00 #8
Good luck with this mod! I hope you can get Constructor working again so that you can make levels (if all else fails, get QuArK if you're on Windows). Can you post a picture of one of your textures, just as a small preview? It would get people a lot more excited about this mod.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
04 May 2011 13:50 #9
Yeah I can (when I get home from school .)... tho the textures still need work, but I think they look good for now . I'm starting with a rock/factory theme then moving into some others...

• Thank you received: 18
04 May 2011 19:19 #10
I'm glad you have a theme in mind. Bad mods start out without one.
  • Thank you received: 0
04 May 2011 19:42 #11
With the mod name being Marble Blast SuperStar, shouldn't it be MBSS?
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
04 May 2011 21:52 #12
@Rokoshu - Ya I guess lol

04 May 2011 22:03 #13
May 3, 2011, 8:29pm, techwarrior wrote:*sigh* *sigh* I know what ya'lls are probably thinkin': ANOTHER noob mod! And you know what, you're probably right! BUT I still would LIKE to post up some info and just, you know, well, IT'S A MOD so... ya anyways:

...(blah blah blah)...

Oh and just let me say, PABLO, I've read your mod-destroying (as they call it ) post about mods atleast 100 times, so please, no need to put it up .

In my mind, what you said right there indicates that your mod already has a better chance of survival than around 90% of past failed mods. The fact that you understand what you are trying to accomplish (as opposed to most mod-starters) earns you a lot of my respect.

I wish the best of luck to your mod.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
04 May 2011 23:04 #14
@joey, have i ever gave u your ultimate time code for mbs? If i did not, i am extremely sorry, i will have it tweaked up and ready by Saturday.

Any other coding questions, you know who to come to

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
04 May 2011 23:29 #15
@Jeff No I don't believe... If you mean about the code for adding new times... If that's what you're talking about, don't worry about getting it! I figured out how to do it

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
04 May 2011 23:36 #16
ya, thats what i am talking about, you know, in game.cs

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
04 May 2011 23:39 #17
May 4, 2011, 4:29pm, techwarrior wrote:@Jeff don't worry about getting it! I figured out how to do it

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
05 May 2011 04:33 #18
Good luck with your mod.

normally I say things you(or anybody) will need for the mod, but you planned it first and that give more chances to a success

The weirdest signature that I ever requested
  • RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
05 May 2011 06:27 #19
Good luck!

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
  • dobrakmato
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
05 May 2011 14:00 #20
Good luck with your mod!
05 May 2011 14:45 #21
Good luck
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
06 May 2011 04:03 #22
dont worry about this kid, hes organized and very well planned out, best of luck to u joey. If you ever need anything, just let Jeffy know and he will most likely do it for ya

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
07 May 2011 00:48 #23
Hey Jeff (or any other modder) do you think it would spoil anything if I gave out some new features I'm expecting in this mod like, in this thread for the public??? Or should I just keep it to myself...

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
07 May 2011 01:37 #24
dont say anything yet.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
08 May 2011 05:40 #25
Well I don't think some general specs will do any harm :

Levels: 300 (Don't worry. They're ALL being planned )
Sequence: This is not your average mod set up like MBG, MBP, MBA or any of those... It's going to be where everything is in a world sequence. So like, complete the levels in THIS world to get to THAT world, etc. Yeah so that's why there are so many levels! There are 15 realms (20 levels each), hence 15 different themes. The first theme is a factory/rock-type theme. The second is the ocean (like in MBP). And I'll leave it at that .

So I know some of you guys might be thinking, 300 levels?! This will be a very boring mod... But NO! No it won't! You see, there are going to be MANY new features (which won't be revealed at this time), so there needs to be many new levels! And also, these 300 levels are all being planned... so don't worry! Currently I think I've got 190-200 of the levels planned . I guess that's about all I have to say for now!

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
08 May 2011 06:28 #26
I know you said how you've planned them out, but the thing is, there may be new features, but will the levels be fun to play? Hope you can show some pictures, that sounds great(the ideas for the worlds). Also, is Jeff coding for you, or are you doing it yourself?
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
08 May 2011 06:42 #27
1) The levels I've planned have new and original ideas... But also, ofcourse, there are lots of obstacle-course-like levels, too...

2) Well... In a sense, yes. But techincally, no. Jeff is helping me with coding but isn't actually a mod coder...

EDIT: 3) (about the pics) I really can't atm because I would need atleast one or two textures from each realm and a skybox. But don't worry. When some of that stuff is made you'd better believe I'll put it up here!

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
08 May 2011 15:27 #28
*sorry for the double-post but this is useful*

The attachment shows MBG's Twisting the Night Away in a different texture I made for MBSS. It's a factory-like texture (or atleast suppossed to be... It could be a rock one, too. but idk), so, uh, just tell me how you like it! I can also post the other textures in levels, too...

Oh, and don't mind the other changes in the photo such as the 0 in the clock and gems... There's a lot under construction and that's definitely not going to stay!

• Thank you received: 91
08 May 2011 15:36 #29
Please tell me this isn't just a gfx mod...
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
08 May 2011 15:44 #30
It is not a gfx mod. But textures come BEFORE levels...

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.132 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.