lock Marble Blast SuperStar [IN PROGRESS]

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
13 May 2011 06:23 #61
Doing all those uber-extreme, platinum, expansion pack... e.g. isn't really a good idea. I would much rather prefer, and I think this would work out better for your mod, if you released them in 2 or 3 realm packs, so rather it being 5 years until it is all released, it will be 1 year- oh look new realms in Marble Blast Superstar have been finished, I'll go download it.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
13 May 2011 15:38 #62
OKAY here's what I'm going to do:

1. Quit all mods EXCEPT MBOpal and maybe MBAdventure... There's too much stress worrying about all these mods!

2. Put MBSS on pause for a while until I get a GOOD plan together and learn how to make GOOD levels! I will NOT let this mod die to nothing! Period.

3. By the time school gets out, I'll have the most time to get working! (Unless my dad ends up kicking me off the comp after about an hour...)

4. I won't give any updates until ATLEAST a month or two... But I'm not just going to give up! I think that maybe this will work out better, and if nothing works in 2 months, you can go ahead and call this mod dead...

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
  • Thank you received: 15
13 May 2011 15:59 #63
Sounds like a good plan to me.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
13 May 2011 16:44 #64
May 12, 2011, 2:58pm, techwarrior wrote:Yeah it's good, but just not the kind of level we're looking for... If you are capabe of making obstacle courses, freefalling courses, large speed courses, mazes, strategical courses (where it requires the player to THINK), or other original things - those are the MAIN types of levels I'm looking at... There are others as well, like beginner/training courses, but other than that there are also different types of levels (because there are 300 levels, we need LOTS of new ideas!), but for now those are the main kinds

If it's only going to be those type of levels, then it'll get boring.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
13 May 2011 17:37 #65
...Which is why I need a new plan and a pause on the mod to think it out a little more...

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
13 May 2011 18:00 #66
good plan
  • Thank you received: 18
13 May 2011 19:03 #67
I'm thrilled you took our advice to become a great level builder. You can contribute a lot to the community even if (or maybe especially if) you never work on a mod again.
  • Thank you received: 25
13 May 2011 21:59 #68
Impressive plan! Most other people who make mods come up with lousy plans, and guess what? They fail.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
14 May 2011 03:22 #69
Yeah well if I don't get a BETTER one quick, this one will fail as well . As long as I've got the PLAN, everything else should flow okay

• Thank you received: 1
28 May 2011 01:22 #70
If you would like a DTS maker, Coder, or Guier? Lamp47 is willing to help.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
28 May 2011 01:25 #71
and I am always here for c++, c#, and torque script support! You can count on that joey, if u need any help, dont even hesitate to ask me

Jeff

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 May 2011 12:01 #72
I'm here to make levels. Atm I've paused my mod and I can make some levels for you
Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 May 2011 15:22 #73
@explode - Surely we would need all those, but I won't put lamp through all that... Let's see, what am I worst at... Umm... I guess we'll go with DTS - I'm trying to learn code myself (thank Jeff! ), and believe it or not a lot of base GUI (meaning not textures or skyboxes, but screens an main menus and stuff) is already done.

@Jeff - Alrighty thanks Jeff!

@Alpha - Um. Ok we'll definitely need those... However level-making is also something I want to learn... Maybe you could make some levels to start us out...

~ Tech Warrior

28 May 2011 15:23 #74
Okay P.M. me and I will pass all info to Lamp.
28 May 2011 15:40 #75
@Tech Warrior

Where do I join?
28 May 2011 15:46 #76
Just making a wild guess but maybe on this thread.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 May 2011 23:50 #77
...OR at my forums: www.tech-warrior.proboards.com . MBS stuff will be discussed there

~ Tech Warrior

30 May 2011 15:46 #78
I'm signing up for your forums now, techwarrior

~Aerodynamiclamp
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
30 May 2011 21:47 #79
Alright guys, I've got an idea... Not about the mod, but about this Constructor problem almost all of you know about... If it works successfully, then that means it's time for an intense learning and work with building custom levels, as Pablo has suggested! This also means, that with a little bit of time and learning with building, the main work on MBS will get done! Like I said, MBS plans are still being worked on, but will the first realm be altered in any way? No good reason, as it's for training...

So here's my plan:

I'm going to download Constructor on my other computer.

Wow. What a plan, eh? You see, I have TWO computers: One for gaming, programming, graphic designing, etc., and the other for storage, internet, and music. However, the one with the gaming stuff is running low on both space and memory... So, to avoid future problems, I shall move Constructor to my other computer, with tons of memory and computer space freed! This will also free up space on the other comp for other things, but yeah...

IDK why I didn't think of this earlier, but whatever... I'm going to try it tonight (*drumroll*), and if it works: PARTY! .

~ Tech Warrior

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
30 May 2011 21:52 #80
Good luck with this mod. To be honest, I don't know how this mod is going to work out, because we haven't seen much yet, but you actually have a plan, so I expect it to be good.
30 May 2011 21:54 #81
If you ever need any constructor help PM me...

It is a pretty simple program really, but you can do some amazing things with it if you are patient.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
30 May 2011 21:59 #82
I think it only seems difficult to me because of the pics I've seen contrary to what I can do with it... If you know what I mean... Maybe if you (or anyone, for that matter) could teach me how to use the tools and features and such, it will be easy...

Oh, and @Kwill - TBH, I don't know either... But I'm going to keep at it and not give up, so I assure you that the community shall receive something from it! Look now, I'm about to get Constructor working (possibly...)!! That's really the most exciting thing that's happened for this mod, so now you know that this mod will update regularly!

~ Tech Warrior

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
31 May 2011 00:04 #83
Please excuse this double-post...

Guess what guys? Constructor is working!!! You know what this means? Time to get level building! I ended up reinstalling it on my laptop... The laptop ssems to be the answer to everything now, doesn't it? Haha!! I will now go to the Constructor board and learn Constructor! Just thought I'd let you guys know this to maybe get you more excited about the mod...

~ Tech Warrior

• Thank you received: 18
31 May 2011 01:48 #84
I'm glad you're finally making levels. That's a great way to contribute to the community.
31 May 2011 01:50 #85
I look forward to custom levels from you!
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
31 May 2011 02:09 #86
Thanks guys! Infact I began making one a few hours ago! It's my first ever custom level with Constructor. I've actually learned most of the basic tools, have created supports and slopes, and some other things! I would post a pic of progress so far, but on my laptop I can't, 'cause there's no Print Screen button...

EDIT: We shall continue this conversation in the Custom Levels board... I will make a topic!

~ Tech Warrior

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
06 Jun 2011 23:52 #87
Sorry for the double-post, but:

Alrighty guys! We're making some progress, what with Constructor working and what not! I just learned how to create ramps and tilted platforms and stuff, and that will become real useful! Still not making MBS levels yet, as I'm still trying to get better at level-building... I've got Lamp47 doing new DTSs, so that's good there! BUT I'm desperate for something:

Texture makers! That is my big focus right now. I'm trying to make textures, but the ones I have will make this mod look like it was built by a 3-year old! Anyways, PM me if you can and are able (meaning you'll have the time) to create textures, and I'll send you back all the info you need!

~ Tech Warrior

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
07 Jun 2011 00:25 #88
It depends what the theme is you are going for. You seem to want a lot of variety. I think (not to brag) that I am one of the best texture makers left (that aren't in PQ). However, before I would consider helping, I would need to know what kinds of textures you are aiming for.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
07 Jun 2011 00:39 #89
Like you said, I want a lot of variety. I look at variety as a good thing, unless ofcourse, it becomes overwhelming...

Themes? As you probably know, this mod is divided into realms, so therefore there's a variety of themes. Each realm is different and unique in its own way, both in atmosphere and levels... To put it in short terms, I'm looking for themes in all atmospheres: beach/ocean, factory, space, castles, volcanoes - things like that...

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
07 Jun 2011 00:48 #90
that is a wide range of stuff! Do you want realistic / conservative (MBO style, if you've seen those) / or toony (MBG)?
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.136 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.