lock Marble Blast SuperStar [IN PROGRESS]

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
08 May 2011 16:36 #31
You could make some kinda ''Steampunk textures''

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
The topic has been locked.
  • Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
08 May 2011 16:41 #32
What are Steampunk textures?

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
10 May 2011 01:26 #33
Okay all the levels are almost planned... I've only got like 3 1/2 realm left to plan. And also, would anyone like to help me out with this mod??? I currently don't have a proboards, and don't plan to make one until atleast a few months... You know, so that I've got something to make it about! (When more progress gets done) BUT there are MANY ways you can contact me: Email (In my contact icons), YouTube (On Hey I'm Techy in the Say Hello Board), and you can send me a PM, or even just post at that!

EDIT: Duh! I need to tell you what I need! :

Level Makers
Texture Makers
Skyboxes
CODERS!
GUI Makers

I understand that many of you are already in a mod or 2, but if you're not or you feel you have more time for another one, APPLY! Also remember: Because of the sequence of this mod (world-form), there will need to be LOADS of textures for the 15 themes, and 15 skyboxes... So maybe 2 skyboxes makers and a good few texture makers... Coders??? Dunno yet, as I'm currently not focused on that... GUI? Well, I've done some main menu GUI, but ofcourse there's much more to be done! All music is done, so I don't need music-makers... Oh and if anyone knows WHERE to code additional tabs, I NEED TO KNOW! I've heard it's got something to do with playmissiongui, but all I've got is .dso, which I can't code into...

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
  • Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
  • Thank you received: 0
10 May 2011 01:47 #34
I have,a old never used textures, so I can give you them

The weirdest signature that I ever requested
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
10 May 2011 01:54 #35
Okay! I guess you can just email them to me... (Profile for email)

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
10 May 2011 03:47 #36
I'd love to help, but can't at the moment. I wish you the best of luck!
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
10 May 2011 04:00 #37
@Ian - No prob and thanks! Whenever you can, any help would be greatly appreciated .

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
10 May 2011 21:25 #38
Good luck with this! I'd help, but I'm too busy with MBMega.

• Thank you received: 0
10 May 2011 23:50 #39
That's a crapload of skies.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
11 May 2011 00:07 #40
Yeah it is . But actually not all of them all skies... Totalling, it may be around 10-12. But yeah that's still a lot... Also, can Terragen do, like, castles or volcanoes? 'Cause we'll need those...

EDIT: Drew out some new level ideas today! :

Ludicrous Speed
Invisible Barrier Box
A Maze?
Jumping Gaps
Combination Course
Road Block

And mayb some more...

• Thank you received: 1
11 May 2011 03:00 #41
Great plan. It's good to see you really involved in your mod!
  • Thank you received: 91
11 May 2011 03:19 #42
They all sound awesome except for the maze one. Mazes get very annoying very quickly, so be careful on that level.

1000th post!
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
11 May 2011 03:37 #43
Don't worry about that one . It's not a maze like you think...

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
11 May 2011 17:03 #44
I like Maze levels. Excited and I can join because I am not working on MBM today. I'll make you a few levels.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
11 May 2011 21:03 #45
Okay! Do you need some of the level ideas or are you just going to make new ones? Just remember that the levels ARE (mostly) planned... So I could figure out a way to send level plans to you... Also, since you don't have MBSS textures, you could make levels in MBG textures and I'll decode to MBSS textures

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
11 May 2011 21:22 #46
May 11, 2011, 2:03pm, techwarrior wrote:Okay! Do you need some of the level ideas or are you just going to make new ones? Just remember that the levels ARE (mostly) planned... So I could figure out a way to send level plans to you... Also, since you don't have MBSS textures, you could make levels in MBG textures and I'll decode to MBSS textures

Making a level... could take a pretty long time... (I suck at mazes)
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
11 May 2011 21:53 #47
Well are you good at making obstacle courses? Cuz there are lots of them...

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
12 May 2011 02:52 #48
You just gave me a good level idea. (not stealing your ideas, I swear) I'll have to write it down...

EDIT :: You gave me an idea for an entire level pack. A mod could even sprout from the idea you gave me (Not that I'm going to make it).
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
12 May 2011 03:17 #49
In a sense I'm honored . But at the same time, I'm curious as to know what your idea was... Care to tell? Not to be pushy or whatever; if you don't want to tell that's fine, but I'm just curious to know as I apparently gave it to you

Also, UPDATE:

It's almost time to get Constructor working, because there are only 3 (out of 15) realms left to plan and all levels are planned! That's the equivalent of 60 levels! Progress!

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
12 May 2011 03:31 #50
Can't tell. I'm probably gonna make a level pack out of it.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
12 May 2011 09:19 #51
Idk about this one but good?

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
12 May 2011 21:58 #52
Yeah it's good, but just not the kind of level we're looking for... If you are capabe of making obstacle courses, freefalling courses, large speed courses, mazes, strategical courses (where it requires the player to THINK), or other original things - those are the MAIN types of levels I'm looking at... There are others as well, like beginner/training courses, but other than that there are also different types of levels (because there are 300 levels, we need LOTS of new ideas!), but for now those are the main kinds

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
13 May 2011 00:45 #53
I'd like to comment saying 300 levels is going overboard. MBOpal said it once and I fried them for that. I'd recommend 100-150, since 300... boy you won't be finished in a long time.

Other factors include: 300 is too much, it feels the game just keeps going and going and going without real advancements and you don't know when you'll finish. Additionally, if you plan for 300 you need a ton of new features and chances are you'll use them all up in all ways possible, in which case you may as well not have the community build something as its just a repeat.

Please rethink and if you go in a worlds style, then you should combine some and put them as later realms since the combination probably makes them harder.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
13 May 2011 01:11 #54
What I'm thinking about doing is taking out like 4 or 5 realms (that's the equivalent of 80 or 100 levels) and saving them for like an expansion pack version of the game... So like, the regular MBSS would contain around 180, 200, or 220, while an even BIGGER version (MBSS: Expansion Pack) would contain those realms plus a whole ton of new features... Hopefully you get what I'm trying to point out and do . Evening out these 300 levels into different versions of the game... Bottom line: The biggest version of the mod WILL contain the full 300 levels, however the regular may be kept at around 180-200 .

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
13 May 2011 01:21 #55
That is a huge number of levels you want. I would suggest that you tone it down to around 80 or so for the first release. That's how many MBO is aiming for, and it's taking them a long time, already.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
13 May 2011 01:22 #56
I guess if you aren't after quality like MBO/PQ then you can go for 300...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
13 May 2011 01:50 #57
Look I don't really care HOW LONG this takes me, but I've thought about it for MONTHS and want to aim to give it a try! And Matan, I've thought a lot about what you said on how 300 is WAY too much. I TOTALLY agree after looking back on my level list... SO, I've come up with a plan to EVEN OUT those 300 levels:

Okay, MBS will release in different sets and versions. In this manner, people can pick which set to download if they think 300 will end up frustrating them! Here are the sets I was thinking:

Marble Blast SuperStar (original mod):

10 realms. 200 levels

Marble Blast SuperStar: Expansion Pack (Biggest one, most levels, all realms. All that PLUS loads of new features! [already planned ])
15 realms. 300 levels

Marble Blast SuperStar: Platinum Set (Like a basic upgrade to MBS)
9 realms. 1 BONUS realm. 190 levels

Marble Blast SuperStar: Uber-Extreme Set (For those who want the toughest of the tough in MBS!)
5 realms. 100 levels

MBS Basic Realms Level Packs (Each of the following realms [20 levels each] will be available for separate download as a level pack, still including new textures and things.)
4 realms. 80 levels.

Realms for level packs:
Training Realm
Beginner Realm
Royal Realm
Intermediate Realm

So, uh, do you guys think this a more reasonable idea than releasing all 300 levels as one??? With this, players may choose HOW they want the game... But just remember that the Expansion Pack may seem intense and frustrating, but also remember that it also includes MANY new features and I'm working on some in-game things I won't reveal at this time that will ONLY be available through the EP! So what do you guys think?

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
13 May 2011 02:09 #58
Because you are just one person, I would say that 200 levels is already going completely overboard. Alone that will probably take about 4 years with dedication, plus the work for the rest of the mod.

I don't think, even though you claim you don't care, will get bored and completely give up within the first year.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
13 May 2011 02:10 #59
joey, your going too far now

get on ggtalk, u need advice now!

Jeff

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
13 May 2011 02:38 #60
Look everybody PLEASE relax... I don't want anyone to think this will be fail because of the level number... Jeff, I've already told you that I don't use my gmail email anymore...

Okay let me just get something straight so that this DOES NOT turn into a flame war! I know that I'm one person and know that there is no possible way I could do this alone. Ian, you may even be right about 1 year from now! Do you guys read ANY of the previous posts??? I am still in a PLANNING stage, so MUCH could and most likely WILL change before I'm out of it... So please calm down guys... Just because you may not be used to a 300-level game doesn't mean it will turn into a complete failure if the accurate planning is done! So please, give me time. Things will work out.

And sorry if I sounded a bit rude, but I'm just trying to make sure that this DOESN'T turn into a flame war and so that there's a firm understanding of everything...

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.095 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.