Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

heart Marble Blast Platinum - World Record Rampage 3

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
08 Apr 2018 17:00 - 14 Apr 2018 12:46 #91
Marble Blast Platinum - World Record Rampage #3 - Intermediate

The long-awaited rampage was promised for years, and in the last 9 months, progress really picked up. The result is something no one expected: these 16 runners have shattered all 147 levels, achieving a World Record in each and every one of them. As of 5th April (release date of Beginners), all 147 videos in this compilation are World Records.

This section contains the intermediate levels. There are tons of all new paths, tricks and small tweaks coupled with a ridiculous amount of optimization and plenty of Ramp Matrix-ing gems and so much more.

Enjoy! (with POPCORN and DRINKS and what not)

FAQ:

Q: The videos seem to be quite different in some cases, such as runners using different marble skins, different resolutions, UI etc.
A: Some videos were done before PQ was released and some runners recorded themselves rather than using the .rec/.rrec formats. Once PQ was released .rrec became a requirement for all runners, and those that had videos before PQ was released could have used those. As such, several runners used different marble skins back then. Likewise PQ also progressed and UI might have changed in a few spots, but it's relatively consistent.

Q: Which versions of the game were used?
A: Marble Blast Platinum 1.7.42 and PlatinumQuest 2.3.5. Any other version may make some routes impossible to replicate or are easier to do. This is especially true for versions before MBP Version 1.50.

Q: How come 3rd decimal place is used in this video's final time? I thought no one looks at it.
A: While most don't bother, I thought it would be cool to have the third decimal place since some find it necessary. If you wish to know the final time, just deduct 178 milliseconds from the end time shown in this video.

Q: What tricks and techniques were used in these videos?
A: A lot of the things seen here can be quite technical. This thread lists all the advanced techniques and more: marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/general-...ques-in-marble-blast

Q: Why does the marble sometimes pause for a frame or two, or sometimes wraps to different spots, and the end time changes right before the marble finishes?
A: The .rrec system uses a marble position/rotation based system instead of the .rec input system. As this was created from the ground up, its main problem has to do with timing differences. While these are usually 1-2 frames, they are clearly visible.

Q: The start of a lot of levels is really weird! What's going on there?
A: PQ and the .rrec system use a half-second delay when starting in order to get a lot of things in-game working properly. Rest assured everything is fine.

SOUNDTRACKS USED AND CREDITS:

Cinematic Hybrid Music by NCM Epic Music Ender Guney

Rock Thing by Creo (youtube channel Free Vibes)

'Sanfter Flügel Weilt' (Jazz Be Damned) by HeavenWraith

The Sims 3 Main Theme by Vector Squad

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
Last edit: 14 Apr 2018 12:46 by IsraeliRD. Reason: No one reads the description so I can edit and no one knows what was changed
The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro, Eguy, Nockess, Robert, CylinderKnot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
08 Apr 2018 18:07 #92
HYPE

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
08 Apr 2018 18:15 #93
HYPE

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
08 Apr 2018 21:01 #94
This is insane. Every run in this video is absolutely grade-A quality, but I have to give a A+ shoutout to:

-Tornado Launch, literally TAS level perfection with that edge hit
-Ramp Madness, awesome new path(s) that seems to be optimized to hell.
-BAC great improvement with this path and extremely smooth execution as well.
-Take a Stroll for beating what many before thought was an unbeatable run, and fucking nailing that 2nd gem with the hitbox abuse
-Powerup Practice, awesome improvement with the new path
-Convoluted Helix, this level has been Regislianly smashed in action
-Floor Climb, that tweak is insanely clever and great overall improvement to Xelnas run
-Marble Agility Course with the super fancy tweak, really impressive
-Gym, props to Regi for optimizing this piece of shit and showing off with that launch to the top floor

I also have to give a A++ shoutout to:

-BCR. Literally what the fuck hPerks.

tl;dr if the Advanced WRR is better than this, I don't think I can make it all the way through the video.

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Apr 2018 18:01 #95
Marble Blast Platinum - World Record Rampage #3 - Advanced

The long-awaited rampage was promised for years, and in the last 9 months, progress really picked up. The result is something no one expected: these 16 runners have shattered all 147 levels, achieving a World Record in each and every one of them. As of 5th April (release date of Beginners), all 147 videos in this compilation are World Records.

This section contains the advanced levels. There is hardly any downtime here as it picks up pretty quickly and doesn't let go. I have to admit it's hard to pick a favourite amongst these monster runs!

FAQ:

Q: The videos seem to be quite different in some cases, such as runners using different marble skins, different resolutions, UI etc.
A: Some videos were done before PQ was released and some runners recorded themselves rather than using the .rec/.rrec formats. Once PQ was released .rrec became a requirement for all runners, and those that had videos before PQ was released could have used those. As such, several runners used different marble skins back then. Likewise PQ also progressed and UI might have changed in a few spots, but it's relatively consistent.

A: Marble Blast Platinum 1.7.42 and PlatinumQuest 2.3.5. Any other version may make some routes impossible to replicate or are easier to do. This is especially true for versions before MBP Version 1.50.

Q: How come 3rd decimal place is used in this video's final time? I thought no one looks at it.
A: While most don't bother, I thought it would be cool to have the third decimal place since some find it necessary. If you wish to know the final time, just deduct 146 milliseconds from the end time shown in this video.

A: A lot of the things seen here can be quite technical. This thread lists all the advanced techniques and more: marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/general-...ques-in-marble-blast

Q: Why does the marble sometimes pause for a frame or two, or sometimes wraps to different spots, and the end time changes right before the marble finishes?
A: The .rrec system uses a marble position/rotation based system instead of the .rec input system. As this was created from the ground up, its main problem has to do with timing differences. While these are usually 1-2 frames, they are clearly visible.

A: PQ and the .rrec system use a half-second delay when starting in order to get a lot of things in-game working properly. Rest assured everything is fine.

Hybrid Hero by Connor Endstorm (Genmills)

Anubis - Instrumental metal music by Gerar Doverzen

Dirt Road Traveler by Audionautix (you will find it on YT as: Country Rock Background Instrumental | Royalty Free Music)

After Dark by Jens Kiilstofte

Slash (from Castlevania: Judgement)

Speeder (from Metal Slug 5)

Let's Dance, Boys - Bayonetta (Rock Remix) - by Shady Cicada

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
15 Apr 2018 16:48 #96
HYPE

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
20 Apr 2018 18:01 #97
Marble Blast Platinum - World Record Rampage #3 - Expert

This section contains the expert levels. Superglue your eyelids, because we are unleashing the creme de la creme! A lot of work went into these runs, and we're certain they're some of the best out there. Be it sweet traplaunches, mind-blowing routing or the finest tightrope play you've seen in a long while, you can easily find something you'll enjoy.

FAQ:

A: While most don't bother, I thought it would be cool to have the third decimal place since some find it necessary. If you wish to know the final time, just deduct 123 milliseconds from the end time shown in this video, and 581 milliseconds from the Beginner-Expert times.

Remnant of the Distant Future by World Beyond Soundtracks

ctOS_Calibration by World Beyond Soundtracks
This one and the previous one are free to be used, whereas the rest of the Mindshell album requires to be purchased in order to be used in your videos. I actually considered that but decided the music hasn't worked well for majority of the soundtracks. Just a fun fact.

Dangerous (from the game Contraption Maker)

Warfare from Abyss by void. Album: D15. Origin: Abyss by dj TAKA

Gaze Up at the Darkness (from the game Castlevania: Harmony of Despair)

Shadow by ETR Soundscore - https://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=3cTQcwaqId4

Dragon Castle by Maki Symphony (魔界Symphony) - https://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=82URdJXEZL0
Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Combat by World Beyond Soundtracks

Metalcore by AMRPHIS - https://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=ZbdiqqajxU4

Go! Getsu Fuma (from the game Castlevania: Harmony of Despair)

Bad Apple (remix by Friedrich Habetler)

Theme of Simon (from the album DRACULA BATTLE II - PERFECT SELECTION)

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - Medieval Rave (Remix) by Basheman

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
20 Apr 2018 18:52 #98
HYPE

that space station run though holy shit

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
20 Apr 2018 18:54 #99
HYPE

that space station run though holy watasjkfhldfskgnsiufgvadsljkfhndsrjdgkhandsfgms JIJ JOEJOJ JIJ JOJ

-Jeff 2014

• Yoshicraft224
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
20 Apr 2018 18:54 #100
HYPE

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
25 Apr 2018 22:03 #101
Marble Blast Platinum - World Record Rampage #3 - Director's Cut

This section contains the director's cut levels. These wacky levels have taken a burden on the runners but eventually all fell to the patience and absolute skill of the players (and some god damn luck because holy hell some of them...wow).

FAQ:

A: While most don't bother, I thought it would be cool to have the third decimal place since some find it necessary. If you wish to know the final time, just deduct 91 milliseconds from the end time shown in this video, and 672 milliseconds from the Beginner-Director's Cut times.

Tonight by Nicolai Heidlas - https://www(dot)youtube.com/watch?v=iOPLdCSOcDQ

Divine Bloodlines Ver. 511 (from the album Pachislot Akumajo Dracula)

Megalovania (remix by Michał "FalKKonE" Sokołowski)

Dragon by Maki Symphony (魔界Symphony) - https://www(dot)youtube.com/watch?v=0y4CL1kFQtQ
Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Dragon War by Maki Symphony (魔界Symphony) - https://www(dot)youtube.com/watch?v=bKYOUMN2OpM

The Army of Minotaur by Maki Symphony (魔界Symphony) - https://www(dot)youtube.com/watch?v=naV46yL8YDw

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
26 Apr 2018 02:30 - 26 Apr 2018 02:33 #102
HYPE

Director's cut crazy on its own, especially in the endings of runs -- like cubed maze, ramp launch, and castle wars. So many runs offered new craziness as well such as NKB, a run that so many greats thought was untouchable. Honestly this run and QP turned the 147/147 from a hopeless dream to a ridiculous reality thanks to some grinding I can't imagine as a pathfinding-oriented player.

In all seriousness, this video wrapped up perfectly one of the projects that I'm gonna look at somewhere down the road and think "Hell yeah, this is the kind of thing I joined this community for." I can't count the number of highlights out of nowhere, from total memey runs like Despair and LTBF, to edge hits out of nowhere, shocking new tweaks, and AGH i can't actually call out many specific runs cause that's the kind of thing you would do with legendary videos. But these weren't legendary videos. This was the most groundbreaking set of videos this community may have ever seen. I couldn't have imagined, as a 10 year old MB fanboy watching the insane rampage in 2013, that I would be part of the next rendition, and I'm sure so many others feel that as well. I'm still kinda trying to process that. We'll have MBG HYPP and POKKO HYPP but it'll be hard to top...

#MBP WRR HYPP 2018

o ya also teh bluperz hoip

-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 26 Apr 2018 02:33 by Eguy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
27 Apr 2018 15:47 #103
I think that the most notable thing is how much of a team effort this was, so many of the levels literally had a single person take on the responsibility to improve the WR. And it ended in 100% improvement - I absolutely did not think we'd beat them all.

Some people made their debut (and quasi-debut) here, which was great to see. The overall quality of the rampage definitely improved from the multiple runners.

MVP of the WRR was hPerks for sure. He was the only one with notable contributions in total time improved, tweaks, paths, sheer number of runs, and "taking out annoying runs".

I'm satisfied with my own contribution even though it wasn't quite as impressive as the MBG one. I managed to take out several annoying records, like Puzzle Ordeal, Wall Master, and Beach Party. A new path on Powerup Practice and a bunch of new tweaks as well. So yeah, am overall very happy with what I did.

Here's to the inevitable MBP WRR4, who knows, maybe we'll have even more runners by then?

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
24 Dec 2018 15:13 - 24 Dec 2018 15:17 #104
Marble Blast Platinum - World Record Rampage #3 - Bloopers

The long-awaited bloopers was promised for months, and in the last few weeks, progress really picked up. The result is something no one expected: Matan actually finishing these bloopers on time and in 2018.

This section contains the bloopers. These wacky bloopers show how good the runners are in playing Marble Blast. Or the game trolling them. Or both. Add in heavily sprinkled sound effects (among other stuff) and you got the most hilarious video in Marble Blast these holidays.

FAQ:

Q: I see the same levels. Why?
A: Most runners didn't save bloopers, or just 1-2 bloopers for levels at most. Others did almost 20 bloopers. As such to give some "variety" these are put inbetween the rest.

Q: What order did you do?
A: I went beginner, intermediate, advanced, expert, director's cut and repeat and so on. In some cases one or more categories were skipped because there just aren't that many bloopers.

Q: Did you count how many edge hits there are?
A: Sorta. At least 64.

Q: MY EARS!!!!
A: I tested the volume on max on YouTube and if I survived it easily (and I dislike loud), so can you.

A: A lot of the things seen here can be quite technical. Going Out of Bounds is no easy feat, and much harder when doing it funny.

Q: Why does the marble sometimes pause for a frame or two, or sometimes wraps to different spots?
A: The .rrec system uses a marble position/rotation based system instead of the .rec input system. As this was created from the ground up, its main problem has to do with timing differences. While these are usually 1-2 frames, they are clearly visible. In the case of Combo Course, you can see the positioning going all messed up. Nothing we can do.

Murcury by New Day - https://www(dot)youtube.com/watch?v=141MQVDCDHw

Roadtrip by Nicolai Heidlas and Stefan Schaulinski - https://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=aCTNv_EuH6c

Music provided by Free Vibes: goo.gl/NkGhTg
Roadtrip by Nicolai Heidlas and Stefan Schaulinski:

Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0
creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

UPBEAT by Aries Beats - https://www(dot)youtube.com/watch?v=LhHwAEQiROw

UPBEAT - Nu Disco Synthpop Music | New 80s Instrumental Synthie Pop Rock Retro Wave Beat (Free 2017) by Aries Beats [Free Music] is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License:
creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Music promoted by Royalty Free Music Library: https://youtu(dot)be/LhHwAEQiROw

Last edit: 24 Dec 2018 15:17 by IsraeliRD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avi, Weather, CylinderKnot, Eclipsia, Nutmegg

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.208 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.