New Spam Board rule: NO USELESS SPAM! THIS INCLUDES POSTS THAT JUST CONSIST OF "AKJFWJF;KLDSNFLKDSJFLK" OR A LIST OF SMILEYS! The Spam Board is meant to be the place for threads that are just playful, not for plain stupid, immature posts!

No explicit images.

No flame wars.

file JEEF GOES HAM AT CODING

• Jeff
  • Jeff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
13 Aug 2014 05:06 - 13 Aug 2014 06:49 #1
8/13/2014

Every XYZ minutes, I will post my status of my health while I program tonight in PHP and SQL.

1:00AM - Slight headache, been up for 16 hours. A little thirsty, and feeling a little sleepy.

1:20AM - Same as before, but we (HiGuy and I) caught a bug and got mad at the SQL database. FIX'D

1:31AM - You know it's getting bad when you type "SELECT &" instead of "SELECT *" in your SQL query.

1:39AM - Outsourced update from HiGuy: (NSFW: Language)
Warning: Spoiler!

1:45AM - After I blew up from the above, HiGuy showed me how to write a huge @$$ query. It's about 200 characters long. Mother of god...

2:02AM - you know its bad when you write your own SQL statement for ordering...when there's an ORDER BY command

2:05AM - This headache is getting worse

2:32AM - 80% complete, but got distracted by people on skype

2:43AM - stomach is hurting

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
Last edit: 13 Aug 2014 06:49 by Jeff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
13 Aug 2014 06:34 #2

2:02AM - you know its bad when you write your own SQL statement for ordering...when there's an ORDER BY command

Loool. But that's no fun!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 Aug 2014 08:28 #3
Achievement 2.. I think I know what they're doing :P

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
13 Aug 2014 09:13 #4
2:43AM - stomach is hurting--- LOL

It's about 200 characters long.---
I made a code on that.V

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

• Thank you received: 123
13 Aug 2014 15:12 #5
But it was just a single query, rather than defining three different parts of code, which accomplishes a broader task. I know almost nothing about SQL except that it is a database-querying language, but something like that would be rather long and complicated. I would also judge that queries are normally nowhere near that long.

• Thank you received: 401
13 Aug 2014 15:23 - 13 Aug 2014 15:25 #6

promarbler14 wrote: But it was just a single query, rather than defining three different parts of code, which accomplishes a broader task. I know almost nothing about SQL except that it is a database-querying language, but something like that would be rather long and complicated. I would also judge that queries are normally nowhere near that long.

200 chars isn't actually that bad...I've written SQL queries with 650 chars in them that span 20 lines. And that's not even that much compared to what I've seen some professionals do (1000+ lines).

"You know you've spelled something wrong when the only search results are Jeff convos" - HiGuy
Last edit: 13 Aug 2014 15:25 by Derpky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• Thank you received: 123
13 Aug 2014 16:38 #7
Of course, you're also the one who helped hack the engine, so no surprise there.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.002 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.