file MBE (Marble Blast Elite) [DEMO RELEASED]

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
29 May 2011 04:58 #211

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • RDs.The-dts-guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
29 May 2011 07:13 #212
Well crap. That sucks.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Thank you received: 1
29 May 2011 14:09 #213
(Lamp) Well is it still their game if we remake the core files?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
29 May 2011 14:34 #214
Yes, since this is Marble Blast. If this is Marble Blast, this is copyrighted by law. If this was a completely different game (e.g. SMB, Marble Madness, Project Ascent), then it wouldn't be a problem.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

29 May 2011 14:35 #215
So, If we waited to do this and then remade all the core files it would be okay.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
29 May 2011 14:38 #216
No, what it means is that you can't. What you're trying to do is Marble Blast, same game we're currently playing. This is not allowed.

Super Monkey Ball is basically a monkey (in a marble) and the levels even if they sound Marble Blast-y, have no powerups, have some hazards and the biggest difference: you use a controller to move the levels themselves in order to get the monkey to the finish. It has additional features (like bananas) that are not in MB. It's different enough to be a completely different game than MB, thus the two do not collide.

Marble Madness is an old game, worry not about it.

Project Ascent is a more modern game, but is less about Marble Blast. ShadowMarble had to talk to the legal team with GG before they decided on whats fine and what isn't so that there is not copyright issues.

What you want is basically same game as we got now, with the same powerups and stuff, same level design and all.. basically you got Marble Blast written all over it. And that's illegal.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

29 May 2011 15:34 #217
Ah well that sucks. Too bad...

• Thank you received: 0
29 May 2011 17:30 #218
wut? you didn't code the MP by yourself?

29 May 2011 18:08 #219
No we aren't allowed to make the platform that could support it. I have it coded. It just will crash the game.

29 May 2011 18:27 #220
Wait a sec.

Suppose you remake the core files, really really well. Well enough so that it will behave just like MBG. Then, it's your game. Sure, it is just like MBG. But the game is still yours, you coded it, even though the idea belongs to someone else. I don't think they have patented MB... You could release them as open source, and I don't think anyone could say anything.

29 May 2011 23:08 #221
Yes but, the game theme is copyrighted by G.G.

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
30 May 2011 03:09 #222
The theme? If you make your's monotone and uncartoony wouldn't that be different? Sucks that you can't.

30 May 2011 13:25 #223
No the Theme in this case is the marble rolling around with start and end pads and powerups, basicly.

• Thank you received: 25
30 May 2011 14:42 #224
Well, there are plenty of other games that are exactly like that which I know...

30 May 2011 15:39 #225
I think you should (somehow) delete the powerups, because youre useing a speedyfloor and multiple bouncyfloors. I'm not sure about the startpad and endpads though.

30 May 2011 16:19 #226
Well we will do what is right for the mod and I will work something out.

• Thank you received: 10
30 May 2011 19:25 #227
OK, Matan you are wrong. I could basically remake MB, just so long as I didn't use any assets from MB. So if I wrote all of the code, and created all of the art and sounds and levels and everything else, it would be legal, even if it was basically MB...

It is however illegal to decompile MB.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
30 May 2011 19:32 #228
So basically you're saying that modding off of MB changing core files IS illegal, however starting from scratch but basically writing everything as MB IS legal... Right? If that's true, then wouldn't that make MB modding illegal? I'm sorry if this is a noobish question, but I just don't get what a core file really is and why it's illegal to decompile it...

~ Tech Warrior

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

30 May 2011 23:02 #229
A core file is a file that the game depends on. Not that the other files can be deleted.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
31 May 2011 00:08 #230
May 30, 2011, 12:25pm, helpme wrote:OK, Matan you are wrong. I could basically remake MB, just so long as I didn't use any assets from MB. So if I wrote all of the code, and created all of the art and sounds and levels and everything else, it would be legal, even if it was basically MB...

It is however illegal to decompile MB.

Oh really? Because according to the license agreement:

Quote:MARBLEBLAST
End User License Agreement (EULA)

This Software Licensing Agreement (Agreement) is a legal agreement between you and
GarageGames.com, Inc. (´GarageGames´). These are the only terms by which GarageGames permits
any use of the Software.

GarageGames Licensing Agreement for Marble Blast.

1. The Software.
The Software licensed under this Agreement is the computer program entitled ´Marble Blast´,
which consists of executable files, data files, and documentation.

2. Grant of License.
GarageGames grants you the nontransferable, nonexclusive right to use the Software in
accordance with the terms of this Agreement.

YOU MAY: (i) load the software into RAM as well as install it on a hard disk or other
storage device, and (ii) make one copy for backup purposes.

YOU MAY NOT: modify, translate, disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile, or create
derivative works based upon the Software.

Generally, the first three MAY NOT conditions you aren't going to be prosecuted for (for example, research about the DRM US court decisions that allow you to break drm for your personal use) let alone be found out, but that last condition (create derivative works) is not uncommon to be the basis for you getting your behind sued for a lot of money.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
31 May 2011 03:49 #231
What this is called it distribution laws.

If I found out a way to remake the iPod, great. I have my own iPod, but it is illegal to distribute it.

Even if you made modifications, it still isn't your game. The idea and concept are owned by IAC. (Funny how you can SELL an idea, huh?)

31 May 2011 22:02 #232
We wouldn't sell the game, just make big (HUGE) modifications.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
01 Jun 2011 01:09 #233
That's still under RELEASE AND that's still under the creation of derivative works. That's still illegal.

01 Jun 2011 02:33 #234
I really hate all this legal crap... not to sound epic noob, but is Project Ascent still even remotely alive? If the progress that has been made on it is still in the community's possesion, Jeff and Dobrak might be interesting in continuing it... just a thought...

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
01 Jun 2011 03:05 #235
PA has been dead for a long time ago .__.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

01 Jun 2011 03:12 #236
That's what I thought.

09 Jun 2011 01:37 #237
Well now that we know MP is illegal.

09 Jun 2011 03:18 #238
Are you serious? I will SO take that position. I mean, if I actually knew how to code.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
09 Jun 2011 03:54 #239
Well if you don't know how to code therefore CAN'T take that position, then...uh...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
09 Jun 2011 04:24 #240
Amun-Ra that was a spam post... if you can't do it, no need to even post about this to begin with.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.033 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.