file MBE (Marble Blast Elite) [DEMO RELEASED]

• Thank you received: 1
29 Oct 2011 00:38 #301
Bump:

The release of the MBElite demo has been recently promised, but I am sad to tell you that we have faced a MAJOR setback. So, due to unfortunate events the release of the demo is set back indefinitely. This doesn't mean MBElite is dead, it means it will not be released for an additional amount of months.

Please hang in there. It's coming.

Sincerely,

Explode

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
29 Oct 2011 02:22 #302
I'm sorry about the setback. I hope it gets taken care of soon.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
29 Oct 2011 03:05 #303
It's okay, don't feel bad. PQ does that all the time, even during development.
Example, X should take maybe an hour to do, and is easy.
1 month later, X still hasn't been touched.

Setbacks is like our codename for PQ, seriously

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
29 Oct 2011 03:53 #304
@explode: let me guess, lamp messed up the codes?

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 15
29 Oct 2011 21:38 #305
I hope that you are able to get past your setbacks (whatever they are) and move forward as soon as possible!

29 Oct 2011 23:35 #306
@Jeff No, we don't really know what happened, but Lamp's most recent code before the setback worked.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
24 Nov 2011 20:27 #307
Bump:

Just wanted to let everybody know I fixed the codes awhile ago.

So that means MBElite is back on track

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
24 Nov 2011 21:58 #308
Super-Jeff to the rescue!

09 Jan 2012 05:47 #309
Marble Blast Elite - Demo Trailer

Woo, it's good to finally have a recent trailer.

Here you can see lots of MBElite's new stuff, such as levels, textures, features, and more! All of the levels are designed to make the game as fun as possible. 35 levels and more will be released in the demo! I don't have an accurate release date prediction for the demo, but *hopefully* it'll come out by the end of this month. Full version? That's a completely different story.

Please, you must enjoy!

Nihahhat

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
09 Jan 2012 06:30 #310
No offense but the textures highly resemble those in MBFuture, and same to the levels... One of the levels is similar to Combo Course and another you can see the half pipe used in Frictional Ascent. I'd say something about the features but others will state the same thing so...

Overall it looks good, but I'd hope for a much more varying style which doesn't show so in here.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
09 Jan 2012 06:58 #311
The levels look very nice, maybe lacking in originality but from what I can see they look fun and well presented. The moving crates also are very cool. Good luck on the demo.

• Thank you received: 18
09 Jan 2012 10:40 #312
Looks cool. Crates was an idea in the development of MBA, so I'm glad you're using it. Teleporter looks exactly like MBP's. New particles are nice, but I'd like to see new item models. Great slogan.

This is the most impressive non-platinum mod I've ever seen.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
10 Jan 2012 05:30 #313
Crates seem familiar, trololololo.
Also, I notice a distinct lack of edge_white... Where has that texture gone? You should really texture the trimming rather than have it be white. The white kinda hurts my eyes

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
10 Jan 2012 05:39 #314
Jan 9, 2012, 9:30pm, higuy wrote:Crates seem familiar, trololololo

We're not going through this again, are we?

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
10 Jan 2012 05:41 #315
Nooooooonononono

I was just being playful.... no bad intentions

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
10 Jan 2012 14:21 #316
Ok, then nvm

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
10 Jan 2012 23:15 #317
Jan 9, 2012, 9:39pm, ktbold12345 wrote:
Jan 9, 2012, 9:30pm, higuy wrote:Crates seem familiar, trololololo

We're not going through this again, are we?

Its fun to troll

Good job guys, you are welcome for the crates
BTW i know they are choppy, if you still want that resolved talk to me, i have another way to fix that and make it smoother

Jeff

18 Feb 2012 06:39 #318
That's right, the demo is finally here!

Official release date: February 17th, 2012 at 10:39 PM

DOWNLOAD HERE: www.mediafire.com/?jp85nb93y3wwkpc

[Release video coming soon]

The demo contains the following:

26 Levels
Moving Crates
Marble Selector
Achievement and Statistics
Teleporter
Special Floors
New GUI
Brand new soundtrack
Respawning Time Machines
Checkpoints
Waaay too many skyboxes
Marble Sizing PowerUps
More stuff I can't think of

The demo is 127 MB in size. This demo requires a full purchased version of Marble Blast Gold.

Please download and try out this demo! We have been working on this for over a year now, and the levels are sure to entertain, especially with all of the new features. If you discover any bugs, or have any comments or concerns, we would love to know them. I'm sure you will enjoy this demo and stay tuned for the full version! (Not that it's coming soon, anyway )

~Explode917

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • An Ordinary Marble Blaster
  • Thank you received: 70
18 Feb 2012 07:16 #319
Thank you mason. I love you too.

We hope you enjoyed our hard work.
~Gerson

I'm just an ordinary marble blaster who like to create new and unusual things.

Creator of the Marble Blast GLC series
Check out and download my custom levels here .
Check out my original musics in this thread and in my soundcloud here .

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
18 Feb 2012 12:14 #320
Bug report:
Pwnage time was counted when I beat the Elite time.
On game start (first time) the gui was horribly placed, where the main menu buttons were on bottom right (and big sized). This was massively bad.
Gameplay Abuse (next to high jump) teleporter sent me INSIDE the interior. Also when you leave the first 'backwards floor' your marble is still REVERSED in controls.
Easter Egg doesn't have proper texturing (I see sky reflection)
Strategy Complex: not sure if a bug but the gem in the hole (where green floor is) has the entire trim around it with bouncy floor
The manual claims that when you restart levels the crates aren't moved back to the starting position, which is incorrect.

Console.log:
Missing file: marble/client/ui/watchDemoGUI.cs!
marble/server/scripts/checkpoint.cs (110): Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'hide'
marble/server/scripts/checkpoint.cs (17): Unable to find object: '20681' attempting to call function 'getPowerUp'

Cons:
I don't like the spelling mistakes. teh, dem etc. just don't do it for me.
Seems like the trim texture is missing. If it's purposely white, then it looks bad.
super speed level seems too hard for beginner (and also I found I could beat first challenge after pressing jump, which the 2nd help trigger contradicts by saying now you need to use jump)
Some levels need more signage, checkpoints
Sounds are okay/bad, but I wasn't a fan of them. Same for music.
I got 22/27 elite/pwnage times even though I didn't beat even half the levels' elite times.
The 'backwards' friction seems to have effects AFTER leaving the friction, which was stupid for some parts of the game where I fell OOB instantly after leaving because I didn't know that.
Some levels were better than the rest and a few of them I particulary enjoyed, but then they had a challenge which was tougher than the entire level (incosistency) and it made the level much less fun than it should have been. Shame as it ruined levels.
Some of the demo's challenges kept repeating itself, it wasn't that much fun (and they were the harder challenges too or just the plain ones that don't add value to the level).
Also personally I'm not a fan of colmesh or colmesh-based levels.

Pros:
signs are awesome
scenery is great (love the skies, sucks you never pay attention to them in normal gameplay so it's just 'there' but nothing special)
Textures great (missing trim however makes many levels look ugly)

Suggestions:
Not enough levels in the demo used the crates and big/small marbles (you were introduced in Elite for the 'Big' Marble >_>). I'm hoping the full has more because there's a lot of stuff you can do with those.
It would be better if basic skills were introduced before some of the stuff. Just a note for the full version.
More checkpoints. Some levels were overly frustrating and there was a lack of them.
Be a bit more creative. Some levels I could recall challenges I've seen plenty of times before, or were too hard for the level difficulty.
I skipped the entire level where you had a superbounce and gyro on the start (beat in 11 seconds) and obviously you were meant not to do so. However I got frustrated with the level for some reason so I left it with the record time and didn't attempt trying to beat it normally. Likely if there was signage/help trigs I'd be more willing.
Some levels had help triggers like next to each other >_> Also the ! sign doesn't do much, not as it is always next to the help trigger (sometimes help trigger comes after it). Would be good to have the trigger directly below it.

Closing words:
All in all, a nice demo, I liked playing it (spent the last 3 hours on it heh) while screensharing with seizure so it was good fun. Some parts were just too frustrating even for me and I could even hear seizure getting frustrated at some levels (at least not full blown rage heh) .

6.5/10. It'd be higher if you involved levels with some of your new features you showed in the demo (crates/big/small marbles) rather than select harder levels that reuse challenges. Not the mention the bugs, lol. Good job, and actually looking forwards to the full version, something that mods rarely manage to do nowadays.
*presses the like button*

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
18 Feb 2012 15:55 #321
Mason make me do this:
The actual fact about them:

Bugs:
1. Jeff's code isnt completed so the counter still be broken
3a. Thats my bad to put an easter egg inside an interior
3b. Jeff's Inversion floor code, blame jeff for that,
5. Nihahhat didnt tell me. so thats my fault.

Console 1: we forgot to delete the exec. on the init.cs

Cons:
1. That are Nihahhat's style to speak
2. no, the trim texture is white. Like in MBFuture
3. i wrote the help trigger, the first mean for getting the gem first then wall hit to the top, for the second you'll have to jump before using the sb
6. Jeff's code isnt completed so the counter still be broken
7. Jeff's Inversion floor code, blame jeff for that
10. Nihahhat!!!!

MBElite actually released when the game and me are not ready for doing that, but Nihahhat still wanted to me for release the game, even though i have said to him we have to rewind the release date because we arent ready yet. and he kept want to release it. and thats you have it now. A very not bad release. And now he is very angry to me. Overall only the Gameplay Abuse, the 26 instead 27, and the console are my faults. the others are jeff's and nihahhat's.

*Nihahhat will release the v.1.1 of the demo and all of those fixes will be fixed.*

18 Feb 2012 17:44 #322
Good job guys! But if the demo is 127 MB then imagine how big the game will be
OK so these are the things I like and don't like about the game:
Pros: I like the fact that you guys have some things that other mods don't like instant teleporters, the bigger the mine the bigger the explosion, low gravity floors, videogamelike gui, and lots of other things. Cons: checkpoints don't make sounds when you first roll on to them, Incorrect grammar, Inversion floors are glitchy, No icon for MBElite, Same powerup box as Opal, Orange sand? anyway great job guys other than the bad things I mentioned the mod looks pretty good.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
18 Feb 2012 17:50 #323
Downloading now. Unsure what to think from the reviews posted earlier... Long review coming.

Code:

18 Feb 2012 18:31 #324
Wow, that's a nice start of mod, Explode, great job! I finally found a mod that can challenge pro players with a perfect and hard difficulty, it's the first time since years i can play levels that are hard to me .

I almost finished the demo, i have some things to say.

-The inversion floors is way too tricky, it affect the marble when you are in the air, and each time you want to jump, when you rebound on the inversion floor, the marble gain weird speed.
-The Big Marble power-up make the marble way too big! a part of the marble is out of the screen, you should really make it smaller.
-The ready, set go sounds are boring and too loud, change them.

For the rest of the mod, it's really good, i have fun time playing tin keep the working up!

18 Feb 2012 18:40 #325
Ok, so Nihahhat has this huge response for the feedback.

@Matan

Quote:Pwnage time was counted when I beat the Elite time.

That's very odd. We'll look into it for demo 1.1

Quote:On game start (first time) the gui was horribly placed, where the main menu buttons were on bottom right (and big sized). This was massively bad.

Will fix.

Quote:Gameplay Abuse (next to high jump) teleporter sent me INSIDE the interior.
Blame Gerson. He added a Teleporter in that spot thinking that it had to do with the Easter Egg, but it was just an interior bug. I later moved the Easter Egg back to where it was supposed to be, not knowing Gerson added a Teleporter. Sorry

Quote:Also when you leave the first 'backwards floor' your marble is still REVERSED in controls.
That's a bug we don't really know how to fix. If you are still holding down keys as you enter the floor, your controls remain unchanged and once you exit you have to let go of the keys until you are out of the trigger. In 1.1, we'll try to make the change immediate.

Quote:Easter Egg doesn't have proper texturing (I see sky reflection)
Weird, didn't notice that.

Quote:Strategy Complex: not sure if a bug but the gem in the hole (where green floor is) has the entire trim around it with bouncy floor
Yeah, when I made that level I accidentally used bouncy as the edge texture. I'll definitely fix that, it's annoying for me too

Quote:The manual claims that when you restart levels the crates aren't moved back to the starting position, which is incorrect.
GERSON!

Quote:Console.log:
Missing file: marble/client/ui/watchDemoGUI.cs!
Lamp told me it was ok to delete that file. Obviously it's not.

Quote:marble/server/scripts/checkpoint.cs (110): Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'hide'
marble/server/scripts/checkpoint.cs (17): Unable to find object: '20681' attempting to call function 'getPowerUp'
Strange, we'll fix it, of course.

Cons:

Quote:I don't like the spelling mistakes. teh, dem etc. just don't do it for me.
Heh, I thought it made stuff look funny but I guess not Fixing.

Quote:Seems like the trim texture is missing. If it's purposely white, then it looks bad.
Ah yes. I have been trying to change this for quite sometime now but I already make a bunch of levels using that texture, and it was too late to change it. It was a really early decision that we were never told to change until it was too late, and if I just changed the texture it would've looked misaligned and ugly. I am never using white trim again.

Quote:super speed level seems too hard for beginner (and also I found I could beat first challenge after pressing jump, which the 2nd help trigger contradicts by saying now you need to use jump)
You're right, making a new one. Help trigger=Gerson's fault Didn't notice until it was too late.

Quote:Some levels need more signage, checkpoints
Agreed.

Quote:Sounds are okay/bad, but I wasn't a fan of them. Same for music.

Meh, I think the soundtrack is fine but the sound effects could definitely use some changes. Will do.

Quote:I got 22/27 elite/pwnage times even though I didn't beat even half the levels' elite times.
GERSON!

Quote:Some levels were better than the rest and a few of them I particulary enjoyed, but then they had a challenge which was tougher than the entire level (incosistency) and it made the level much less fun than it should have been. Shame as it ruined levels. Some of the demo's challenges kept repeating itself, it wasn't that much fun (and they were the harder challenges too or just the plain ones that don't add value to the level).
Also personally I'm not a fan of colmesh or colmesh-based levels.

I'm going to modify the levels that have super-unoriginal challenges/inconsistency.

Quote:Pros:
signs are awesome
scenery is great (love the skies, sucks you never pay attention to them in normal gameplay so it's just 'there' but nothing special)
Textures great (missing trim however makes many levels look ugly)

Suggestions:

Quote:Not enough levels in the demo used the crates and big/small marbles (you were introduced in Elite for the 'Big' Marble >_>). I'm hoping the full has more because there's a lot of stuff you can do with those.
Those features were coded after I made most of the levels, so it was pretty hard to add them D:

Quote:It would be better if basic skills were introduced before some of the stuff. Just a note for the full version.
Hmm, what skills?

Quote:More checkpoints. Some levels were overly frustrating and there was a lack of them.
Yes.

Quote:Be a bit more creative. Some levels I could recall challenges I've seen plenty of times before, or were too hard for the level difficulty.
Can do. In fact, I've decided that I will spend more time working on levels and make them freaking awesome. I'm attempting PQ quality.

Quote:I skipped the entire level where you had a superbounce and gyro on the start (beat in 11 seconds) and obviously you were meant not to do so. However I got frustrated with the level for some reason so I left it with the record time and didn't attempt trying to beat it normally. Likely if there was signage/help trigs I'd be more willing.
Forgot to finish LE work for that level, whoops I'm doing that for 1.1.

Quote:Some levels had help triggers like next to each other >_> Also the ! sign doesn't do much, not as it is always next to the help trigger (sometimes help trigger comes after it). Would be good to have the trigger directly below it.
Gerson. Again.

@mbgaddict We tried to make the download as small as we could, but the interior files took up soo much space

EDIT: @ReloadedDragon

Quote:Explode, great job!
Whoa there, don't congratulate me! I didn't really help with the demo. All I did was send messages to the forums because Nihahhat and Lamp are to young to do so themselves. Congratulate them

Quote:-The inversion floors is way too tricky, it affect the marble when you are in the air, and each time you want to jump, when you rebound on the inversion floor, the marble gain weird speed.
Trust me, you will learn the techniques for the inversion floor

Quote:-The Big Marble power-up make the marble way too big! a part of the marble is out of the screen, you should really make it smaller.
I can't say that I've ever noticed that. I'll look into changing the shape.

Quote:-The ready, set go sounds are boring and too loud, change them.

ok

Overall I'm psyched that you guys tried out the demo. Matan, your review was totally awesome and is helping us improve the game for upcoming builds, including the full version. I absolutely love it whenever someone takes the time to give a response, especially after hours of working on this mod. I understand that underagers aren't going to make a perfect mod and the community's criticism kept us working for over a year now. Thanks a lot guys

I'd love to see someone make a video of a few speedruns for these levels, it would be really cool

Please enjoy the initial release of the demo and look out for 1.1.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
18 Feb 2012 18:51 #326
Great demo! I have played half of it so far, and I enjoyed most levels. I will give you a level-by-level review when I beat the game.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
18 Feb 2012 20:38 #327
Great demo. Don't scream at me to much guys for the bugs, hehe. I thought that the inversionh floor should have been taking care of..appearently not. Thanks gerson for taking over for me when i didn't have time on codes. All in all, i can't wait for 1.1

18 Feb 2012 23:35 #328
Feb 18, 2012, 10:40am, explode917 wrote:I'd love to see someone make a video of a few speedruns for these levels, it would be really cool

...uploading a video, i think you will like it

EDIT:

19 Feb 2012 01:43 #329
good runs!

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
19 Feb 2012 01:53 #330
My runs :

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.354 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.