file MBE (Marble Blast Elite) [DEMO RELEASED]

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
23 May 2012 04:01 #361
UPDATE!

So, as some of you guys may know, maybe not, but pretty obvious by my signature...that I have taken the responsibility as one of the lead programmers in marble blast elite. I just wanted to give a quick update on Nihahhat's promised marble blast elite demo 1.1 update. It is coming great, with a lot of bugs that have been ironed out, and not to mention that every level was retrimmed. There are just a few more fixes left, so expect the patch to be out soon!

@mbgaddict, as I have said, you won't be able to remove inversion floor, as that file is gone and scripts are split, and a few anti-hacks along the way come with that

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
23 May 2012 04:57 #362
Major bugfix: inversion floors are now fully fixed (thanks to meeeeee)
This means, if you're pressing forwards and you enter an inversion floor, you will start going backwards. This allows for some funny back-and-forth, as well as for better gameplay.

Minor bugfix: inversion triggers will now stack so if you leave one InversionTrigger, you won't auto-revert.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Thank you received: 0
17 Jun 2012 16:59 #363
Any update on this?

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
17 Jun 2012 17:28 #364
Lots of new stuff that hasn't been announced yet. It will come in due time

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Rct3fan00
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
17 Jun 2012 17:50 #365
You guys are doing a great job! Keep it up!

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
17 Jun 2012 20:34 #366
@Rct thanks! Welcome back too by the way?

@mbgaddict I'll try to get nihahhat to make up a post for me to post within the next few weeks, but i can't promise anything. However, all I will say is that there are quite a bit of new things in the game =)

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

17 Jun 2012 21:28 #367
Good to know.

24 Jun 2012 07:55 #368
Just tried the demo to the mod and love it!

It did take me a bit of page changing to find the demo though. Can't you guys put everything on one post? I meant to say can't you put it all on one post for ease of access .

And last, do you guys have a forums? I'll help you guys make some levels if you want.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
24 Jun 2012 18:20 #369
we don't have a forum, as every staff member is on msn. If you want to submit some in hopes of getting in, feel free. We would be glad to see your stuff!

~Jeff, mbelite council member.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
24 Jun 2012 22:27 #370
Jun 24, 2012, 11:20am, jeff wrote:
~Jeff, mbelite council member.

Such enthusiasm!

Also, I already showed you level stuff to get into PR; does that qualify for me to be a level builder in Elite then?

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

25 Jun 2012 02:08 #371
From what I have heard from Jeff, you have to be approved by Mason and/or Gerson.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
06 Jul 2012 22:57 #372
A message from Nihahhat:

Lately we've been discussing the quality and fun factor of our levels. In order to make this game something worthwhile, we need some help from those of you members that tried out the demo. I need to know what levels are too difficult, what challenges in these levels don't flow with the rest of the level, and which levels should be cut from the game. The levels will be modified accordingly.
Thanks in advance.
~Nihahhat

06 Jul 2012 23:55 #373
I personally hate this white texture that is used as trim!. A normal texture like MBG's and MBP's would be better (Like some advanced levels).

Another thing that I don't like is the scenery. It reminds me MBP's spikes. I like levels like Strategy Complex and it doesn't even have scenery. It has awesome gameplay and it's fun.

New descriptions would be nice! Some levels are having aweful because they don't describe the level or give a hint, and the use bad grammar like Dem instead of The. I can't spell english I admit.

Leves that I think should be cut from the game:

Wall Hits X: Well, this level is hard. It does not have something original, and it's not fun. It also has some misalignments on curves Also I don't like the description because it must describe the level and not saying that no-one made Wall-hit level on MBE.

Sky Path: I don't think colmesh is something that should be taught with a tutorial level. Also I don't like the look of that level! (Maybe It's the trim texture) but it reminds me tighthorpes.

Grassy Speedrun: I personaly don't like the gameplay of that level. When I hear Speedrun I guess this level will have fun because you will run and I like speed. These are just some grass slopes. I like the curve btw. Also that mix with the pink checker and the skybox reminds me that bad look of PR! (By the way I think that texture is made by me. I don't like it.

I dont have other notices for other levels!

NOTE: This is my personal opinion. I don't want to be offensive.

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
07 Jul 2012 00:34 #374
Jul 6, 2012, 4:55pm, kostas wrote:I personally hate this white texture that is used as trim!
Don't worry, the level makers have completely retrimmed the off levels. And as the new graphic designer I have given the edge/trim graphics a complete revamp, so the levels should look a lot nicer now.

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • An Ordinary Marble Blaster
  • Thank you received: 70
07 Jul 2012 17:04 #375
Here is a level comments from me, one of the MBElite level maker.

Novice's worst level : Requiem of teleports
- Speediness - too hard for beginners (change the order of challenges), and more gems please
- Requiem of teleports - better scenery
Mediate's worst level : Crystal challenge
- Overlapping Layers : too easy (more gems/challenge)
- Crystal Challenge : better scenery, more challenge
Advanced's wost level : Helix
- Wall Hits X : level looks annoying with too much scenery, not original
- Helix : the bounce and colmesh challenge needs to be replaced
Elite's worst level : Structural Ascent
- Structural Ascent : my section is too hard, needs more alignment and better scenery.

Gui : fix that wtf dif font on the options at controls.
Skies : some of them aren't perfect (like in the wall hits x), i suggest to remove that sky.

And some of the pwnage times are too easy to beat.

Well, that's all my opinion on the game. Wish we could make it better for 1.1.

~Gerson

I'm just an ordinary marble blaster who like to create new and unusual things.

Creator of the Marble Blast GLC series
Check out and download my custom levels here .
Check out my original musics in this thread and in my soundcloud here .

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
23 Jul 2012 18:00 #376
A message from Nihahhat:

Jeff and I had decided to get some serious work done today and possibly release the 1.1 update. However, when Jeff decided to play through the game and tried to spot anything that needed to be tweaked up, Jeff discovered that many game flies have gone missing. This includes missions, interiors, shapes, codes and whatnot.

Please be patient as we try our best to recover these missing files. This certainly wasn't a pleasant surprise. Don't worry, this situation will not affect the progress of the full version too much.

• Thank you received: 1
23 Jul 2012 18:28 #377
Just Wondering, when exactly did your files go missing? I ask this because a few days ago I lost some files in my dropbox folder.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
23 Jul 2012 18:42 #378
Jul 23, 2012, 11:28am, explode917 wrote:Just Wondering, when exactly did your files go missing? I ask this because a few days ago I lost some files in my dropbox folder.

Can't be elite's dropbox considering that you are not in it

• Thank you received: 1
23 Jul 2012 19:53 #379
No, I have files in a personal dropbox folder that went missing. I wanted to know if they disapeared at the same time.

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
08 Aug 2012 04:07 #380
Alright so since both Jeff and HiGuy are AWOL, we here at the Elite staff have been forced to prepare an incomplete release.

This would normally be a simple plan of action but apparently our staff build of the mod has encountered a serious error of some sort, and with both lead programmers out of the picture we are now forced to build an incomplete release around our demo version, which means we'll have to cut out a lot of the newer features we implemented recently.

I was really hoping this mod would make it to the end; I really didn't want it to have to come to this. Mason is really upset, and I don't blame him.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
08 Aug 2012 05:35 #381
What kind of serious error? Maybe I could help?

I have a build from July I think which works fine, and includes a number of the new features, so maybe I could help out

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
08 Aug 2012 05:43 #382
Well I don't know the exact details myself, but from what I've experienced the game seems to crash right when a level begins. Right when the READY? graphics pop up after the marble lands on the start pad, everything freezes and then Elite crashes a couple of seconds later.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
08 Aug 2012 05:49 #383
My version works fine (I played through a number of levels).

I can take a peek if you guys want but I don't have access to your build (if you could send me a .zip file it would be easier), but as said, I got a working build here from July without crashes, so you could add any levels, textures etc. without worry, but the codes we probably won't add.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
08 Aug 2012 06:06 #384
I'll try and see if Mason is fine with it (if I can get a response from him, haha). Thank you so much, Matan.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
08 Aug 2012 06:20 #385
If the error is the SFX, that would be me

Code:

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
09 Aug 2012 00:31 #386
Alright Matan, Mason says that the build you have is exactly what we need, so could you please PM me what you have?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
10 Aug 2012 21:28 #387
Quote:Well I don't know the exact details myself, but from what I've experienced the game seems to crash right when a level begins. Right when the READY? graphics pop up after the marble lands on the start pad, everything freezes and then Elite crashes a couple of seconds later.

Erm, didn't happen for me, mine didn't freeze. We'll have to keep playing with this, and just use the origional staff version. No need for matan's version anymore, if you can guess why

Jeff

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
12 Aug 2012 21:35 #388
(I'm connected with my Wii, I can't give you any picture) I made a bomb texture. I also changed some sounds (all PowerUps SFX's except the tic-tac of the TM(I had MB crashes with the SA), tornadoes, fireworks, mines, duct fans, and trapdoors). I changed MBG sounds, but I will change rolling, the 4 bounces, OOB's, jumping and bumpers sounds. I will show you a vid about it. Hope you'll not get upset after this.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
12 Aug 2012 22:16 #389
We really weren't expecting anybody to mod marble blast elite...as it is already a mod...

Looks like I'll have to antihack *ALL* the files now

Nah its ok, and yes show me when you are done with it.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
13 Aug 2012 00:47 #390
I had problems with SA, when I use it... CRASH!!!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.971 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.