file MBE (Marble Blast Elite) [DEMO RELEASED]

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
13 Aug 2012 05:44 #391
Did you happen to change the shape's path or the actual shape?

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
13 Aug 2012 11:24 #392
No, because I should watch tutorials of Blender or Maya3D, and I'm a nOOb!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
18 Nov 2012 22:42 #393
Update!

A message from Nihahhat:

Small update here, and I'm happy to say that Elite has finally had a huge boost in progress. Level building has never been so fun!

The team has had some debate on whether or not a certain feature should be included in the game. I'm not going to entirely reveal it, but it will be a brand new mode that gives incredible opportunities for speedrunning. It will be an alternate way of playing (other than the classic time trials) and is FUN.

The only down side is that this feature may or may not extend the release date (we're aiming for mid-2013, but who knows) and may distract the programmers from other possible gameplay features.
What do you think? Is this mode going to be worth it? Please, let us know.

Also, go check out the official Marble Blast Elite blog for more frequent updates and inside looks: mbelite.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

(back to jeff now):

This will be a feature not expressed in any alive mods at the current moment, and will take a decent time to make. However, if successful and levels come good with it (which they have MASSIVLY IMPROVED), will take marble blast to a special level.

Thanks for your time everybody!

~Nihahhat and Jeff, leaders of marble blast elite.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
18 Nov 2012 22:53 #394
Good to hear good progress is being made, always nice to see that the mod is still alive and strong under construction.

About the new mode, it does sound cool, especially about speedrunning (despite the fact I'm pretty bad at that in MB). An alternative mode would be welcomed (well, by me at least), because currently there's only 1 way of playing (without edits 'n' stuff) in the games released (PQ WHERe? ). I don't think delays should be a problem, because personally I'd rather it take longer, but with more cool, shiny features than it being rushed.

My $0.02 cents.

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• Thank you received: 15
18 Nov 2012 22:58 #395
The new mode sounds quite intriguing! It's good to know that MBElite is still alive and that progress hasn't halted, and the news of this new mode is making me more excited to try it.

• RandomGuy
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • I'm back, and still random
  • Thank you received: 0
20 Nov 2012 05:03 #396
Excited to hear the news. I would insert a bad pun in here hinting at, but not revealing the feature. However, I was unable to get the feature's name out of Nihahhat

- Steven
Cuber, Musician, Science Olympian, QuizBowler Extraordinaire, and totally, you guessed it, random!

Instagram: theadhdsteven
Snapchat: theadhdsteven
Youtube Channel: RandomGuy

21 Nov 2012 01:48 #397
Nov 18, 2012, 2:42pm, jeff wrote:Update!

This will be a feature not expressed in any alive mods at the current moment, and will take a decent time to make. However, if successful and levels come good with it (which they have MASSIVLY IMPROVED), will take marble blast to a special level.

Said the PR team. Look how that turned out. I just want some firm evidence that this mod will suceed.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
21 Nov 2012 01:55 #398
You shall see whenever the time comes for another update. Maybe we will show something visually, and hopefully provide some solid evidence.

*hint hint nudge nudge*

And remember, PR had a lot of downfalls with the staff itself, all of us who were involved in it. MBE2 died because of a large misunderstanding, and multiplayer is still progressing. MBOpal died because....well look who was running it (and dont say me)

MBEmerald was successful because of HiGuy's dedication, although most people didn't even seem to play it, nor is it ever even heard of anymore.

Remember, I work on 3 projects and juggling homework and my own life.

• RandomGuy
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • I'm back, and still random
21 Nov 2012 02:52 #399
Nov 20, 2012, 5:48pm, mbgaddict wrote:
Nov 18, 2012, 2:42pm, jeff wrote:Update!

Said the PR team. Look how that turned out. I just want some firm evidence that this mod will suceed.

Aside from what Jeff said, we've already proven that we can succeed. It was a bit tough back in the summer, but we've come back. Also, look at the first page of the thread (Pablo's post saying that this would die) compared to the review page after the demo release link. We have come a long way from bad grammar *cough cough* and borrowed textures.

- Steven
Cuber, Musician, Science Olympian, QuizBowler Extraordinaire, and totally, you guessed it, random!

Instagram: theadhdsteven
Snapchat: theadhdsteven
Youtube Channel: RandomGuy

• Thank you received: 1
21 Nov 2012 23:47 #400
Not trying to be mean RandomGuy but, we when were you included in this mod? If I remember correctly, last time I asked Mason if you were on the team he said no... Furthermore, what does Pablo's post have to do anything / prove anything? He is one member, you should be looking at this with a broader point of view.

~Explode

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.913 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.