Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

file Buzzmusic World Record Rampage

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
08 Jan 2015 16:40 #121
Name: Rozi
Level: Marble Speed
Time: 3.88

Level: Water Park
Time: 22.28

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Frostfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
08 Jan 2015 16:58 #122

Rozi wrote: Name: Rozi
Level: Marble Speed
Time: 3.88

Level: Water Park
Time: 22.28

Not trying to pick on you Rozi, but try to optimize your times a bit more - I know for a fact sub-15 has been achieved on Water Park and 3.2x on Marble Speed.

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
08 Jan 2015 20:02 #123
I find it amazing that people are actually sending in .recs already. Use your time to find the best paths for all levels before running them. Try to set benchmarks on all levels and compare to what others can achieve. If you have a path that is superior to the one currently being used in the WR, but you know you can't optimize it, then share it with the community to see if someone else can.

Also, IMO it would be better if we added all the known best times to the list so we can see what is expected of us on that level.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
09 Jan 2015 03:10 #124
Pretty sure this is WR, if not then it was a near perfect run. Optimization = < 2s, only place that I can improve this is on the two circle thingies. I slow down abit there as it's really hard to see ur marble and only pascal does tricks with his camera in freakzo angles.

Name: Frostfire
Level: Curve Tribulation
Time: 39.20

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
09 Jan 2015 12:46 #125

Kalle29 wrote: I find it amazing that people are actually sending in .recs already. Use your time to find the best paths for all levels before running them. Try to set benchmarks on all levels and compare to what others can achieve. If you have a path that is superior to the one currently being used in the WR, but you know you can't optimize it, then share it with the community to see if someone else can.

This is a good idea, to do the rampage as a team rather than individuals. Not sure if everyone would agree with this but I do personally so I'll go ahead and state the first one here.
I have a Baffling Machinery route that if pushed can go sub-1 but it's one of the ol' beat-a-hard-route-and-then-the-ending-is-luck routes. If anybody's interested (/me looks at Mason - you like annoying levels, Catwalks, PR2, Hidden Temple :D) then please say.

Kalle29 wrote: Also, IMO it would be better if we added all the known best times to the list so we can see what is expected of us on that level.

Have to say that once you're considering a level it's pretty easy to find out if there's a known best time. You do:

a) Ask a few people if they know

b) Look up 'marble blast [level]' on youtube and see what you find

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
09 Jan 2015 17:06 #126

Frostfire wrote:

Kalle29 wrote: I find it amazing that people are actually sending in .recs already. Use your time to find the best paths for all levels before running them. Try to set benchmarks on all levels and compare to what others can achieve. If you have a path that is superior to the one currently being used in the WR, but you know you can't optimize it, then share it with the community to see if someone else can.

This is a good idea, to do the rampage as a team rather than individuals. Not sure if everyone would agree with this but I do personally so I'll go ahead and state the first one here.
I have a Baffling Machinery route that if pushed can go sub-1 but it's one of the ol' beat-a-hard-route-and-then-the-ending-is-luck routes. If anybody's interested (/me looks at Mason - you like annoying levels, Catwalks, PR2, Hidden Temple :D) then please say.

Kalle29 wrote: Also, IMO it would be better if we added all the known best times to the list so we can see what is expected of us on that level.

Have to say that once you're considering a level it's pretty easy to find out if there's a known best time. You do:

a) Ask a few people if they know

b) Look up 'marble blast [level]' on youtube and see what you find

I was thinking of sharing my Islands of Ice path since even though it's a crazy path that I'd like to master, I know there is a possibility of a better time because again, I'm not a master of IC. (/me looks at MBK and StewMan).
For b), I did that several times, especially studying structures of the sand carefully.
i saw several people doing a), me included, so I wouldn't worry about all that Kalle. :)

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
09 Jan 2015 23:39 #127

Frostfire wrote: Pretty sure this is WR, if not then it was a near perfect run. Optimization = < 2s, only place that I can improve this is on the two circle thingies. I slow down abit there as it's really hard to see ur marble and only pascal does tricks with his camera in freakzo angles.

Name: Frostfire
Level: Curve Tribulation
Time: 39.20

Absolutely scratch this, as I've found a different route that goes incredibly faster - 23.xx possible. MIGHT BE ABLE TO PUSH for sub-20 but that would be truly evil. PB atm is 33 but haven't had a decent run yet.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
11 Jan 2015 18:06 #128
IMPORTANT WARNING TO ALL:

Random Powerups do NOT WORK on .rec!
I'm really glad I saved a blooper of required momentum and reviewed it, because if I had gotten a perfect run on the level and THEN found out it doesn't register picking up the Random Powerup, I would've raged.

So, if you're recording a level with Random Powerups in it, either

a) Record in .avi
b) Yell at HiGuy to fix it

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
12 Jan 2015 03:45 #129

Frostfire wrote: b) Yell at HiGuy to fix it

I've tried.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
12 Jan 2015 23:38 #130
going for buzz's skill course two, well I already have the WR 8.64 (i think) but I can go at least .15 lower

I played marble blast

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
13 Jan 2015 00:52 - 13 Jan 2015 00:55 #131
Ur doing great MBK, keep it up!
I'm sending a PM to Buzz right now asking for the ice interior in slanted ascension 2 because it was missing. :o also, I'm having no luck with structures of the sand. I'm considering just going for Matan's path and possibly telling someone my path.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 13 Jan 2015 00:55 by Eguy. Reason: SOTS trolling

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
13 Jan 2015 01:38 #132
There we go! 8.45 buzz's skill course two, i'll send rec tonight

I played marble blast

• Thank you received: 156
13 Jan 2015 17:23 - 13 Jan 2015 17:31 #133
Thus far I have received several .avi recordings that had sub-par quality and/or low frame rates. Consequentially, the following rules must be established:
  • DO NOT record your run via FRAPS/Screenflow/etc. unless the level or your path requires you to do so. If the level you are playing has fan/tornadoes/gravity or the length worries you, feel free to go down the .avi route. Paths with quick restarting/spawn abuse will require .avi as well. Smaller levels should be done through .rec as it is the preferred format.
  • If you're attempting one of the levels that requires FRAPSing, please record a short test video and upload to mega.co.nz. This can be a half second-long clip for all I care, but it must be a raw .avi. I need to make sure your quality settings are up to par before you start recording levels willy-nilly.
  • Pay attention to your MB's settings and ensure that they are identical to those listed in the OP.
  • Please, please, don't upload your videos to YouTube. mega.co.nz is great. YouTube isn't.

There we go! 8.45 buzz's skill course two, i'll send rec tonight

Hate to break it to you, but BSC2 has gone sub-6 and sub-5.5 is preferred :/
Last edit: 13 Jan 2015 17:31 by Marson.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
13 Jan 2015 23:38 #134
Ok tnx, but how? :o

I played marble blast

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
14 Jan 2015 17:52 #135
Finally!
Name: Eguy
Level: Chevron Rooms
Time: 38.63

.rec sent. Two questions:
Is this a WR?
There is one small ice interior that was visibly missing which was not part of my path. Do I need to redo the level with the ice interior in there even though it did not affect my run? I worked really hard on this :P

-Jeff 2014

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
14 Jan 2015 18:27 #136

Eguy wrote: Finally!
Name: Eguy
Level: Chevron Rooms
Time: 38.63

.rec sent. Two questions:
Is this a WR?
There is one small ice interior that was visibly missing which was not part of my path. Do I need to redo the level with the ice interior in there even though it did not affect my run? I worked really hard on this :P

Sorry eguy, but if it's normally visible (VISIBLE - not used) during ur run then u have to redo it, yes. :(

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
14 Jan 2015 18:44 - 14 Jan 2015 19:59 #137
NDGTISEUTNS78HN8JDHUTJ8ER7JTXCYUDFTTGFJIS7DYJTDFGUYGSDJT346J7 :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Not mad at u Frosty, I know u meant well. Just mad at the level. I will rage on on it once i put in the wretched ice interior and I have more time.
EDIT: What would happen if Jeff installed the level properly (all interiors included) and played the .rec? Would the .rec work and the interior show?

-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 14 Jan 2015 19:59 by Eguy.

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
14 Jan 2015 20:37 #138
Hm, good one, no idea to be honest. Worth a shot atleast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire, Eguy

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
14 Jan 2015 20:51 #139

Regislian wrote: Hm, good one, no idea to be honest. Worth a shot atleast.

Agree, "seems" like it would work (which with .recs probably means it won't) but worth a shot for sure :)

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
14 Jan 2015 21:23 #140
Thanks guys!
I will try. I sent Jeff the .rec already. Now I have another reason to be grateful for not using .avi :P

-Jeff 2014

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
15 Jan 2015 03:05 #141
Revealing the Finish can go abit lower.
Strengthened Bouncing can go sub-55.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
15 Jan 2015 05:35 #142
Missing interiors on one's end would more than likely cause a desync to the other if he has the interiors. Probability increases as .rec duration is longer.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
  • Thank you received: 96
15 Jan 2015 06:15 #143
ugh I already did it. But it does not work. Proof: prntscr.com/5snxq2

"tl;dr joj" - legenda 2016

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
15 Jan 2015 14:25 #144
So... for my list...

Current:

I need to re-record Racetrack of Time, as the .rec is super broken.
Push Attraction and Repulsion route. It's viciously hard, I'm surprised how many tweaks I managed to smash into one level, but I'm going to start trying to record this ASAP. Unfortunately I have to fraps it since there are hundreds or tornadoes, fans & magnets (yay for .recs)

Later:

MUC at some point. Legenda, if you want to take over MUC I'm fine with that, but we'd like to see a sub 2.20. My best catch is 2.15 so obviously the lower the better. Anything lower than 2.15 is excellent.
Re-recording MMGP (UGH!). It's way too long to record with fraps - I would need to leave my comp up for around 2 and a half days, and it never makes it that long without crashing atl once. So that means I'll have to try and .rec it.... again.
Strengthened Bouncing - sub-55 is possible, I have a big tweak that saves 3+ seconds to Radiant/MBK's route.
Jumping Strategy - just took a peek at it, may consider later. This goes for other levels as well.

IMPORTANT:

If anybody wants to take over Required Momentum or Baffling Machinery (maybe on the latter, not sure if you're doing that one Kalle?) then please let me know and I'll show you my route via MP. Required Momentum's route I'm very happy with so if you're going to take that over I'd want a good execution, because I might be able to spend some time on it later on.

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
15 Jan 2015 17:22 - 15 Jan 2015 17:25 #145
Just let me know if Kalle is gonna do that or if u need me to do them.

Legenda, honestly I have no idea what kinda proof u tried to add there, but all I see is a bunch of .mis/.jpeg files.. Which proves... that you have those levels, not much more.

Edit:
Name: Regislian
Level: Powerup Tower
Time: 5.496

Am working on Upon the Hilltop (going for sub-10 so far) and Wall-Hit Master Course.
Last edit: 15 Jan 2015 17:25 by Regislian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire

• lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
  • Thank you received: 96
15 Jan 2015 23:17 #146
It does not work. prntscr.com/5syvqv

"tl;dr joj" - legenda 2016

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
16 Jan 2015 04:48 #147
Earlier today I got 6.77 on revealing the finish!
Near perfect run so... yeah :P

I played marble blast

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
16 Jan 2015 14:42 #148
Well done MBK!

I'll work on Attraction & Repulsion some when I get the chance, absolutely over this weekend.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
16 Jan 2015 16:49 #149
I can't continue CR or SA2 until I receive the ice interior from Buzz. I actually have lots of interior failures for some reason.

-Jeff 2014

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
16 Jan 2015 17:01 #150

Eguy wrote: I can't continue CR or SA2 until I receive the ice interior from Buzz. I actually have lots of interior failures for some reason.

Lucky you have a Frostfire around (cuz he's dumb and usually manages to find every bug there is to find)

I had around 75% of buzz's levels giving me interior fails, and so naturally i decided to figure out how to fix it. There are TWO things you should do, and if you do both of them, you'll knock out 80-90% of interior fails.

1. CLA dump. Go to the CLA and download ALL the MBP/MBG interiors. (If you don't have an interiors folder, make one) Put the interiors into your interiors folder. This solves around 75% of interior fails.
2. Copy all FOLDERS from ' interiors_mbp ' and ' interiors_mbg ', and place them in your interiors folder. This takes out 5-15% of interior errors, especially on buzz's earliest levels (such as MUC)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eguy

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.229 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.