Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

file Buzzmusic World Record Rampage

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
27 Sep 2014 00:49 #31

m2mm4m wrote: I heard Xuan got 2.28 Mine Ultra Course, but not on video.

Yeah, I was surprised to see 12.57. No offense to Powerjohn, but I think sub 3 can happen easily, or sub 5 at least. I've gotten sub 3.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Frostfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
27 Sep 2014 01:27 #32

mathmusicandmarbleblast wrote:

m2mm4m wrote: I heard Xuan got 2.28 Mine Ultra Course, but not on video.

Yeah, I was surprised to see 12.57. No offense to Powerjohn, but I think sub 3 can happen easily, or sub 5 at least. I've gotten sub 3.

I know for a fact 2.25 is possible, I've gotten a catch that low and know a route that keeps the time.

• Thank you received: 18
27 Sep 2014 14:07 #33
Hello everyone, this is TPorter.

I have NOT seen any post about why besides Frostfire saying that it's postponed on the first post, but I'll tell you why.

We're going to wait until RC2 for .recs to be fixed. The .recs have much better quality, and will most likely make it easier for us to record.
We quite haven't figured out what we're going to do with the .avis people have recorded, but I'd recommend talking to Frostfire about that.

Honestly, don't worry about it. RC2 isn't that far away, and we'll be recording in no time.
Just play on, and wait till further notice k? :P I'm not the only one anxious to record right now.

- TPorter

P.S. We should get the "Bang the Keyboard!" topic back up and running... B)

And he waddled away, waddle waddle..

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
28 Sep 2014 17:21 #34
I just got a 44.12 Orange Forest on .rec. Will I still be able to use this .rec in RC2? Or do I have to make a new one when RC2 comes out?

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
29 Sep 2014 21:18 #35
What version of MBP should I have? It says that I currently have 1.14, but when I start it it tells me to download 1.50. Does this make a difference?

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
29 Sep 2014 21:43 #36
Massive. Anything recorded in 1.14 cannot be checked in any other version. Anything done in 1.50 cannot be done in other versions. I'd recommend waiting until the final build of 1.50 will be out.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29

• Kalle29
29 Sep 2014 22:09 #37
I'll do that. I tried the custom levels in both gold and platinum and only got an error message. Some levels are starting though, but the level itself is gone. Only start/finish pads + gems/TT/Super jumps/super speeds etc. Altough the latter problem happened for most levels I downloaded before this, so they're probably unrelated.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
29 Sep 2014 22:20 - 29 Sep 2014 22:25 #38

kalle29 wrote: I'll do that. I tried the custom levels in both gold and platinum and only got an error message. Some levels are starting though, but the level itself is gone. Only start/finish pads + gems/TT/Super jumps/super speeds etc. Altough the latter problem happened for most levels I downloaded before this, so they're probably unrelated.

Yes, we have to wait until Rc2 is out and then we'll be using .recs . Still figuring out what to do with the .avis i already have :/

EDIT: your latter problem is because you're missing interiors. Either you didn't place them anywhere, or you placed them in the wrong folder.
Last edit: 29 Sep 2014 22:25 by Frostfire.

• Kalle29
29 Sep 2014 22:40 #39
If we're talking about the levels, then I placed them in the custom folder, figured that would be logical.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
30 Sep 2014 00:32 - 30 Sep 2014 00:35 #40
Levels in terms of mission files and associated level images (e.g. AwesomeLevel.mis and AwesomeLevel.jpg) are placed in missions/customs
HOWEVER you still need interiors+textures+anything else
Interiors and textures (anything else unless specified) go to platinumbeta/data/interiors (if 1.14, marble/data/interiors). These are normally .dif files (interiors) and any other jpg/png (textures, e.g. cool_grid2.jpg)
Skies (normally indicated as a directory on its own, e.g. Atoll) go to platinumbeta/data/skies (1.14, marble/data/skies)
Shapes (end in .dts) go to platinumbeta/data/shapes (1.14, marble/data/shapes) with associated textures (they are usually already in a directory for you)

This makes pretty much 99.9% of the levels working on the spot.

Lack of skybox will give you ERROR: INVALID PACKET right when you start a mission/level. Sometimes textures do that but #1 suspect is the skybox.
You can check which skybox it wants by looking at the mission file info, look for .dml in the materialList under Sky (e.g. materialList = "~/data/skies/Beginner/Beginner_Sky.dml"; which tells you it wants a .dml in /data/skies/Beginner/ and the sky directory is called Beginner ... can switch it as: materialList = "~/data/skies/Atoll/Atoll.dml"; and so on)

As buzz's levels usually require custom skyboxes it's a good idea to download them from marbleblast.com/index.php/downloads/cga/cga-skies .
You'll find Andrew/PF's most used but others are used as well.

Also another reason I said to wait for 1.50 to come out is because anytime we patch the game any script change causes the .rec to break instantly, so it's better to wait for Final.
You can record in 1.14 just fine (assuming Frostfire is happy with that).

If anything doesn't work or you need help customizing and understanding how things work just send me a PM, I'll be happy to help :)

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
Last edit: 30 Sep 2014 00:35 by IsraeliRD. Reason: at 3:33 am wild Matan can actually post and that's amazing according to naturalists who have been studying the ways of the Matan for eons
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, Frostfire

• Kalle29
30 Sep 2014 01:06 #41

just send me a PM

Can we send PMs now? Because if we can, I have some more questions for you...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
30 Sep 2014 09:31 #42
Certainly, feel free to. Ask as many as you want :)

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
20 Oct 2014 20:43 - 21 Oct 2014 16:54 #43
EDIT: Final, postponed til Final.

I'll edit my post and everything when the time comes. We'll be using .recs . All .avi runs will be /chopped and I would appreciate that they be beaten by all you hard-working souls :D
Last edit: 21 Oct 2014 16:54 by Frostfire.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
05 Nov 2014 02:05 - 05 Nov 2014 13:01 #44
By this time a lot of you have probably heard that BWRR was cancelled.

Well guess what? It's back, and this time to stay!

Why is it back?

You can thank me somewhere around 0.000001% for BWRR becoming a foreseeable goal instead of a distant image. There's now a small team working on the rampage!

- Frostfire (Started the rampage)
- Regislian (Organizifimicator Supreme)
- Nihahhat (Rampage videos [Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3] will be featured on his channel)
- Jeff (JeefNuggets to all new to the community, he'll be recording the MAC .recs)
- All of you guys who are recording for it!

Do I need to change how/when I record now?

- We will be using .recs. Record in MBP 1.50 using rules seen on original post.

- You can only use OFFICIAL MBP marbles now (blame .recs)

- Windows: Send your .rec and .infs to nihahhat at gmail DOT com ; Macs: Send your .recs and .infs to programmerjeff95 at gmail DOT com

That about wraps it up! I'm super excited about the rampage and all of you should be too :D
Last edit: 05 Nov 2014 13:01 by Frostfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, Kalle29

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
05 Nov 2014 04:34 #45
This is so amazing!! I didn't think it was going to happen at all!!! Thanks BWRR team for making this possible and Jeef for recording my .recs, as I am the only Mac player at the moment. I was sure when I looked at the latest post it was going to be something like: BWRR cancelled forever. Thanks again for doing this.

~Eguy

-Jeff 2014

• Kalle29
05 Nov 2014 13:21 #46
If I'm to be a part of this rampage someone has to tell me exactly what to download (levels, interiors, skyboxes etc) because I still have no idea of what I'm doing.

Still, it's nice to see that this will happen :­)

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
05 Nov 2014 16:09 - 05 Nov 2014 16:12 #47

kalle29 wrote: If I'm to be a part of this rampage someone has to tell me exactly what to download (levels, interiors, skyboxes etc) because I still have no idea of what I'm doing.

Still, it's nice to see that this will happen :­)

You can download any of Buzz's levels from this thread WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 8-BIT (not in rampage).

Buzz's files will contain the .mis, .jpg (level image and textures) interiors (on most levels) and on a few levels skyboxes.

You place the .mis and .jpg (as long as the .jpg matches the .mis in name) in platinum>data>missions

You place any interiors (.dif) or textures (.jpg with a name different than the level) in platinum>data>interiors

Skyboxes go in platinum>data>skies (not sure if you need to put them in the .zip ... I created a new folder labelled 'skies' and put them into that)

Many of Buzz's levels require CLA interiors. I haven't downloaded them yet myself so consult another person (such as mason) for info on that.
Last edit: 05 Nov 2014 16:12 by Frostfire. Reason: bother mason about CLA interiors :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29

• Kalle29
05 Nov 2014 16:38 #48
Erm, I only have MBP1.50 as a .zip file, not a folder like 1.14, so I cannot put anything anywhere :/

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
05 Nov 2014 16:41 #49
should be able to just drop files in a .zip. Right click and open it up (do not extract) and then drag your files into it.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Kalle29
05 Nov 2014 17:12 #50
I don't think it works. The only thing I get when I open the file is Marble Blast Platinum.exe and nothing else; and when I open that file the launcher opens...

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
05 Nov 2014 17:27 #51

kalle29 wrote: Erm, I only have MBP1.50 as a .zip file, not a folder like 1.14, so I cannot put anything anywhere :/

Er... not sure how to handle this. Consult jeff/higuy

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
05 Nov 2014 17:38 #52
go to the run menu, type %appdata% go to marble blast platinum and there's your data folder just like mbp 1.14

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Kalle29
05 Nov 2014 18:19 #53
unhiding folders helped to get to AppData, now to download everything so all the levels work. So far three have worked :)

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
05 Nov 2014 18:47 #54
What do you mean in the first post by "unchecked rec"? Do you mean I'm not sure which rec is the right one? I sent a rec to Jeff, hope it's the right one :P if it's not, I'll try again.

-Jeff 2014

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
05 Nov 2014 19:37 #55

mathmusicandmarbleblast wrote: What do you mean in the first post by "unchecked rec"? Do you mean I'm not sure which rec is the right one? I sent a rec to Jeff, hope it's the right one :P if it's not, I'll try again.

That jeff hasn't checked it but it had been sent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, Eguy

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
06 Nov 2014 17:42 #56
Right ah, I figure I should do this anyway to set an example for you guys who are submitting .recs ? Make sure you do this please (and then send your .rec and .inf to mason/jeff depending on your operating system)

Name: Frostfire
Level: Safe Platforms
Date Achieved: 10/5/14
Time: 9.53
Lowest possible estimated time using my route: Best catch 9.20 Confident sub-9 is possible.

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
07 Nov 2014 00:13 #57
Name: Regislian
Level: Shifting Corridors
Date Achieved: 11/5/2014
Time: 15.28
Lowest possible estimated time using my route: 15.20. (I think)

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
07 Nov 2014 05:58 #58
Jeff are you gonna check my .rec? Have you already checked it and it wasn't the right one? Not sure which :P
Thnx

-Jeff 2014

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
07 Nov 2014 12:59 - 07 Nov 2014 13:00 #59

mathmusicandmarbleblast wrote: Jeff are you gonna check my .rec? Have you already checked it and it wasn't the right one? Not sure which :P
Thnx

Eguy, remember to submit your time in the proper form here for it to be accepted.

Also Regi, did you send your .rec to Mason? I can't add the time until notifies me that the .rec either works of doesn't
Last edit: 07 Nov 2014 13:00 by Frostfire.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
07 Nov 2014 15:20 #60

Frostfire wrote:

mathmusicandmarbleblast wrote: Jeff are you gonna check my .rec? Have you already checked it and it wasn't the right one? Not sure which :P
Thnx

Eguy, remember to submit your time in the proper form here for it to be accepted.

I thought I gave you the proper form when I sent it to you before you announced we had to send to Jeff instead.

-Jeff 2014

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.078 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.