• Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
27 Aug 2016 00:35 - 27 Aug 2016 19:54 #121
Finals matchup:

(1) Frostfire v (3) Kalle

EDIT: Sunday, August 28, at 3pm EST.

Well done from hPerks and J@ckRB who were knocked out in some very close games.
Last edit: 27 Aug 2016 19:54 by Frostfire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Frostfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
28 Aug 2016 21:08 - 28 Aug 2016 21:10 #122
The tournament is officially over.

Frostfire 5 - 3 Kalle in the final.

I'm quite happy about my win but Kalle was an extremely difficult opponent to face, and if the luck had gone his way the result could perhaps have been different. Vortex certainly spawned in my favor and you could make an argument that King of the Ring should have been his as well (though it is quite a small map). Nonetheless luck is part of multiplayer and it was a very well-fought match from both sides.

Matan's video will be up soon.

Final standings of Swiss Rounds: challonge.com/MBsummer2016
Final bracket: challonge.com/MBsummer2016playoffs

For Aayrl/HiGuy/whoever does the flairs/titles, and for viewing pleasure:

FINAL STANDINGS

1. Frostfire
2. Kalle
t3. hPerks
t3. J@ckRB

t5. Regislian
t5. Eguy
t5. HiGuy
t5. MBOUltimate

t9. Tue
t9. El Robert
t9. Freeziez
t9. Nature Freak
t9. Xedron
t9. Weather
t9. Lee Zi Xian

16. Kwill
17. Lichable
18. Toothy

Did not complete participation -
Threefolder
MBK

To conclude, I hope everyone had a good time in the tournament this year. We saw many glorious victories and brutal losses, and players' skills improved loads. No promises but there will most likely be another similar tournament next year from me, and perhaps I will run some one-day tournaments in the upcoming months. We will see.
We had a very successful tournament this year (new record for least DQs!) and some seriously close matches, including a climactic final. Loads of thanks to everyone who participated, everyone was responsible and the result was a clean tourney! :)

P.S. I am planning a tourney-related surprise in the next few weeks; keep your eyes open!
Last edit: 28 Aug 2016 21:10 by Frostfire.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
28 Aug 2016 21:21 - 28 Aug 2016 21:21 #123
Tournament was streamed live on Twitch and exported on YouTube. You can view either one!

www.twitch.tv/israelird/v/86254388

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2016 21:21 by IsraeliRD. Reason: My life is in chaos. Please send help.

• Thank you received: 368
03 Sep 2016 18:34 - 03 Sep 2016 18:35 #124
Congratulations to all who participated in the tournament and an extra-special congratulations to those of you who made it to the final playoffs!

As with the previous tournament, I have gone ahead and granted special web-achievements and titles depending on how well you finished in the tournament! Keep in mind all rewards are inclusive (e.g., Frostfire will have all of the achievements listed below).

All Participants: Achievement and the 'Battler' Prefix Title.

Quarterfinals: Achievement and the 'Legionnaire' Prefix Title, and all subsequent achievements and titles.

Semifinals: Achievement and the 'Praetorian' Prefix title, and all subsequent achievements and titles.

Winner: Achievement, 'Virtuoso' Prefix title, and the pink trophy flair icon, as well as all subsequent achievements and titles.

Enjoy!
~Aayrl
Last edit: 03 Sep 2016 18:35 by Aayrl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Frostfire, MBOUltimate, Nockess, Robert

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.102 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.