file Now featuring less lag, less uptime and even more mosquitoes

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
27 May 2014 15:45 #1

Apparently our server PQ’d itself for the last 13 hours, which is unfortunate because our 99.99% uptime is now 98.18%. The original 0.01% was because I wanted to take the server down due to a quick and urgent maintenance. The staff would like to apologize about that and we’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. You can go back to play Multiplayer and give your rating points to Dushine and RC.

More importantly, I won’t stop complaining about the mosquitoes anytime soon either. For those wondering I am now back in Israel (no more Australia [much sad, very tears]) and besides the tasty food, my ping on Multiplayer is better so I’m less laggy (HiGuy and Regislian are a testament). Unfortunately the mosquitoes here are super-fast, whereas their Aussie counterparts are slow as heck. I got bitten in a week more than the last 6-7 years put together, if not 13. The last month itself was super busy, both in Australia and Israel (our staff will agree because I had no time to even tell them I was leaving!) and besides job-hunting I’ve been running throughout the country between several government sites and what not to do lots of registrations. Bureaucracy is lengthy and not fun at all.

One of the best and fastest players in the Marble Blast scene is Blasted Marble, and making levels is something he is pretty good at! Today's update includes Determination Race, a small replayable level which is pretty fun to play, and Revealing the Diamond, another great level which features some original challenges and its own bouncy floor.

Epicperson456 is newer here but made two levels as well. Super Duper There and Back Again where jumping might not be the best idea but knowing you guys you'd speedrun it with super duper lots of it (I'm looking at you, Xelna). Also a first (at least on this site) is a custom level for Marble Blast Emerald! The mod receives a level called Find the Sapphires where you need to find the true Sapphire between over 20 fakes. Could we see more love for this mod and even Advanced?

Now these guys haven't uploaded to the site any levels and while we urge them to do so, you can meanwhile find the levels at the links provided below, all of which point to their custom levels’ topics.

Frostfire who you probably played (and lost to) in Multiplayer made a bunch of unique levels which are a must for anyone to play.

Nathan made a lot of levels which not only look great, but play great.

Avi also made lots of interesting levels which you should check out.

acpascal - no relation to Xelna (unless he is her long lost brother?) made four levels which all seem rather intriguing to play.

m2mm4m - made a single level that requires CLA interiors, and promises not to be one to be beaten easily. You should make more :)

Although he is last on the list when you hear of Buzzmusic you know you are in for a treat, and today is no exception. The young-gun of the Marble Blast scene was very productive the last couple of months and there is a lot to cover. Shifting Corridors is a very interesting level in the way that the corridors keep switching every few seconds. Finding the best path won't be easy! Joining it is Creationism, a challenging level for those who like moving platforms done in a twisted way, Buzzmusic style. And if two levels aren't enough, how about 60 more? Buzzmusic made available almost all of his levels in four downloadable packs: Pack 1, Pack 2, Pack 3 and Pack 4. Go get them!

As some of you might know Buzzmusic has another creative side to him which is music. One of his finer works is Comforting Mystery which is featured in MBP 1.50 as the Online/Leaderboards theme, and he had created a number of soundtracks for PlatinumQuest, all of which I guarantee you are top quality. His YouTube channel is filled with his soundtracks and as of recently he has released his first official Album, Beyond Slumber. This optimistic album is filled with dreamlike elements, and containing lots of instruments and some mystery in the vocals. You can also get it on iTunes, eMusic and Spotify.

Earlier I was talking about speed but just how many of you were fast enough to notice the change of the third image on the front page AND figure out what is up? If you still are confused, then be so no more! Coming in MBP 1.50 RC1 the 60 Marble Blast Ultralevels are being added directly to the leaderboards. With them we will add an old MBP level from a pre-1.00 build and an extra MBG Xbox level, making a total of 62 levels. All MBU levels will be playable with the former GarageGames marble but with plenty more skins to choose from. In addition we will feature a number of new and unique achievements to the MBU levels and of course, their own dedicated leaderboards.

Unlike MBP, in MBU collecting Time Travels, getting a checkpoint and falling off causes the clock to run again when you respawn. Do you want the behavior to stay similar to that of MBU or would you prefer the clock to continue being paused, probably making different paths altogether in some levels? Post your response and we’ll do as the community chooses. A majority vote wins here so think carefully. Remember that it will already be hard to compare due to the different start pad and the fact that the marble in MBP (due to Marble Blast's engine/physics) is faster and lighter than its MBU counterpart.

I will see you all in Multiplayer at some point, and more on the front-page. Which reminds me, I should really upload more videos to my YouTube account.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, Frostfire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
27 May 2014 15:55 - 27 May 2014 15:56 #2
Awesome post matan, will post in poll thread my thoughts about MBP/MBU.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
Last edit: 27 May 2014 15:56 by Jeff.

• Marblemaster1
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Custom Code Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 8
27 May 2014 23:10 #3
Whoa, tons of levels. I really need to make more myself.

QuArK is still a good map editor

You know what's boring? Opaque marble skins. You know what's not? Glass Marbles!

29 May 2014 00:13 #4
Wow! A lot of info. Congrats to Buzzmusic on his first album! Also nice job to those who made all them cool levels. So happy that all the MBU levels are being added. And... THERE'S AN MBG ON XBOX?

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
29 May 2014 15:50 #5
Great update, good to see that there's a lot going on in the community. Levels, music, new additions and features in MBP... wow.
Also, must meet Matan in multiplayer some time. :P

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• Josep_Nollette
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
29 May 2014 20:30 #6
Out of curiosity, will the pre-1.00 level be the Rube Goldberg Course? I remember seeing it on a presentation of Beginner levels from 2007.
And I wonder what that XBOX level looks like.

• Thank you received: 2
29 May 2014 23:40 #7
Buzz made Comforting Mystery?!
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
30 May 2014 08:17 #8
Mosquitoes?
Better keep mosquito repellent around.

MBU levels:ALL OF THEM?(Mountain top retreat(it's for MBP) too?)

Will blast and radar enabled? Like MBU?

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
30 May 2014 23:20 - 30 May 2014 23:23 #9
I don't think levels that have the same layouts as in MBG should be added
Last edit: 30 May 2014 23:23 by CheepFishMBP.

• Thank you received: 123
30 May 2014 23:42 #10
I disagree. There can and should be both MBP and MBG/U levels in MBP. It adds to the diversity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
31 May 2014 17:20 #11
There's also no law saying they can't do it.

• Thank you received: 43
31 May 2014 19:44 #12
I remember back in the old forums that MBU files are illegal to have, like textures etc.

Is that true?

• Thank you received: 20
02 Jun 2014 21:59 #13
Why not use the MBU textures for the MBU multiplayer levels?

Also, I agree with Cheepfish. I don't really see the point of having duplicate levels, which most of the mbu levels are. The other ones are either boring beginner levels or have already been beautifully replicated by Andrew Sears. The only exception is Black Diamond,

It's not like having mbu levels will hurt the game, but I'm not very excited for them.

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
10 Jun 2014 17:09 #14
What's the MBG Xbox Level?

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.940 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.