• Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
15 Jan 2016 08:08 - 15 Jan 2016 20:24 #1
Diamond from Saturn
January 15, 2016

DISCLAIMER: This blog is rated 18+. While it contains information I want everyone to know, it discusses a controversial topic and uses strong (and sometimes crude) language. Most of you probably aren’t 18 yet will continue anyway, but it’s on you from here if you decide to proceed.

A new year means a new me, and that all starts with honesty.

Diamond From Saturn

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
Last edit: 15 Jan 2016 20:24 by Joey. Reason: I added some things I originally omitted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IsraeliRD, Jeff, Buzzmusic, J@ckRB, Three, Regislian, Marson, StewMan46, NF, Nockess, Technostar, Xedron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
15 Jan 2016 18:54 #2
Proud of you to gather the courage to post this. Although it's becoming less and less "rare" per say of coming out, it unfortunately is still a sensitive topic in large portions of the united states and the world.

<3 you

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
15 Jan 2016 20:11 #3
Very rare to hear people "coming out" on a Forum site. Just remember that sexuality doesn't define you. Your life, your choice <3

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
20 Jan 2016 18:02 - 20 Jan 2016 18:02 #4
I'd like to respond thanking all of you for your support. I think that the most difficult thing is not so much coming to terms with the fact, but rather adapting that around all the people with whom I associate. So I suppose I figured, why not start at a male-dominated forum about marbles? Heh, I guess you have to start somewhere. Thankfully, working at Starbucks, I feel more at home with myself, but the endgame is being able to feel free everywhere with everyone. That's going to take time, but it's a mentality that everyone has to have in order to move forward and move up, no matter what situation you're struggling with.

As time goes on, I will be blogging about certain other perspectives regarding this subject (none that are this rough, however), but only when the timing is right. I posted this at a time I least expected to, when I was least ready to, because I knew that was the only way I'd be ready to (a notion I've elaborated on in my 2015 year review). If you disagree with what I've written, I encourage you to look past that - instead putting your own struggles in place of mine so that you can see this situation as an emotional journey rather than a rant you don't agree with.

Having said that, thanks to everyone who took time out of their day to read this. It's appreciated more than you know. :)

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
Last edit: 20 Jan 2016 18:02 by Joey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• Thank you received: 405
20 Jan 2016 21:07 #5
I'd like to mention a little saying that my choral teacher says every day after rehearsal. I think that it fits in nicely with this, and I think that you have fulfilled the last part beautifully, which is the hardest to do.

Be good. Be happy. Be proud of who you are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.796 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.