file MBFuture [RELEASED]

• Thank you received: 25
11 Feb 2011 01:10 #151
I posted this on youtube too, but maybe a black hole instead of a tornado.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Beack
  • Beack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
  • Thank you received: 0
17 Feb 2011 20:45 #152
Marble Blast Future actual look:

Hope you like it.

Edit by IsraeliRD: replaced image link path to the full pic

The weirdest signature that I ever requested

17 Feb 2011 22:57 #153
nice

• Thank you received: 18
17 Feb 2011 23:02 #154
Looks good. I think the scenery is too much MBP-style. The skybox is also MBP-style, but you can't make much else in Terragen, so it's acceptable.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
17 Feb 2011 23:13 #155
very good beack!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 15
18 Feb 2011 00:25 #156
Great to see some progress! Everything looks great, but I agree with Pablo that the scenery is too MBP-like.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
18 Feb 2011 02:39 #157
Good pic, but too much MBP styled scenery.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
18 Feb 2011 18:27 #158
I done an excessive scenery in that, don't know why Map2Dif didn't crashed.

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
19 Feb 2011 00:56 #159
The scenery has a resemblence to mbp, BUT mbp has a big resemblence to mbultra and mbg with its textures. What? A few added effects to the textures? Really? So if the scenery is a problem, what about the textures of mbp. Both are the same in many ways. I hope platinum quest has NO resemblance to mbultra or mbg. My opinion. ~ Greg25.

• Thank you received: 15
19 Feb 2011 01:56 #160
Indeed MBP uses textures similar to MBG and MBU, but it also uses many textures that aren't similar in any way. Thus MBP mixed textures that were new, but still familiar to MBG and MBU players with textures that were completely new and original. Many mods, not just this one, have basically copied MBP's scenery style without coming up with their own new, original scenery design. If mods did what MBP did and mixed a familiar scenery style with something new, I'm sure most people would be OK with that. At least MBP tried to be original, unlike many other mods. You make it sound as if MBP is a ripoff of MBG and MBU, which it is certainly not.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
19 Feb 2011 05:10 #161
Feb 18, 2011, 5:56pm, andrewsears wrote:Indeed MBP uses textures similar to MBG and MBU, but it also uses many textures that aren't similar in any way. Thus MBP mixed textures that were new, but still familiar to MBG and MBU players with textures that were completely new and original. Many mods, not just this one, have basically copied MBP's scenery style without coming up with their own new, original scenery design. If mods did what MBP did and mixed a familiar scenery style with something new, I'm sure most people would be OK with that. At least MBP tried to be original, unlike many other mods. You make it sound as if MBP is a ripoff of MBG and MBU, which it is certainly not.

You start off okay, but then you get increasingly angry and defensive, eventually ending by being oversensitive and somewhat rude. I don't think Greg intended anything of the sort, he's merely trying to point out that even MBP isn't exempt from the influences of what came before it. He even said it was his opinion, so I don't know why you're getting so worked up.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• dobrakmato
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
19 Feb 2011 14:07 #162
Looks good!

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
19 Feb 2011 17:21 #163
Feb 18, 2011, 9:10pm, marblefire wrote:
Feb 18, 2011, 5:56pm, andrewsears wrote:Indeed MBP uses textures similar to MBG and MBU, but it also uses many textures that aren't similar in any way. Thus MBP mixed textures that were new, but still familiar to MBG and MBU players with textures that were completely new and original. Many mods, not just this one, have basically copied MBP's scenery style without coming up with their own new, original scenery design. If mods did what MBP did and mixed a familiar scenery style with something new, I'm sure most people would be OK with that. At least MBP tried to be original, unlike many other mods. You make it sound as if MBP is a ripoff of MBG and MBU, which it is certainly not.

You start off okay, but then you get increasingly angry and defensive, eventually ending by being oversensitive and somewhat rude. I don't think Greg intended anything of the sort, he's merely trying to point out that even MBP isn't exempt from the influences of what came before it. He even said it was his opinion, so I don't know why you're getting so worked up.

Exactly, I was just trying to show and make a point that we should stop throwing beack down for having mbp-style scenery. I am ONLY making an opinion. So theres no reason to start a fight here. I am only saying why are we picking on beack for having this scenery? So i am using mbp to show that it wasn't totaly Remade with its textures. I am only using opinions, remember.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
19 Feb 2011 17:35 #164
We aren't only picking on Beack-- he wasn't the only one, but despite us telling him several times in the past (if you were following development), he still is doing the same styled scenery. MBA took a different direction (I think he did similar style to MBA as well at the beginning [so yeah, it's not only from MBP]) at least and so do MBF and MBE.

MBP was sort of MBG-MBU (lets be honest, everyone was into both at the time), but we did try and have our own stuff (which we did!). What we want to tell people is this: learn from MBP's mistakes. Now, I don't think we'd mind if stuff had some resemblance to MBG/MBP/MBU etc but at least try and mix things up so it isn't so easily noticeable.

In PQ, we're learning from the many mistakes we've done in MBP and because we've already done a full scale mod, we have much more experience and thus can tell mistakes more easily. We're trying to get people in this community to do the same; so if we tell them not to do stuff like in MBP, we know what we're talking about, it's not because we think negatively about their mod. Heck, we're trying to help them to do far better.

And that's my 2 cents. (and if I make no sense, it's 1:35am, I should not be posting on the forums at this time of the day [or night].)

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
19 Feb 2011 21:01 #165
Feb 19, 2011, 9:35am, admin wrote:We aren't only picking on Beack-- he wasn't the only one, but despite us telling him several times in the past (if you were following development), he still is doing the same styled scenery. MBA took a different direction (I think he did similar style to MBA as well at the beginning [so yeah, it's not only from MBP]) at least and so do MBF and MBE.

MBP was sort of MBG-MBU (lets be honest, everyone was into both at the time), but we did try and have our own stuff (which we did!). What we want to tell people is this: learn from MBP's mistakes. Now, I don't think we'd mind if stuff had some resemblance to MBG/MBP/MBU etc but at least try and mix things up so it isn't so easily noticeable.

In PQ, we're learning from the many mistakes we've done in MBP and because we've already done a full scale mod, we have much more experience and thus can tell mistakes more easily. We're trying to get people in this community to do the same; so if we tell them not to do stuff like in MBP, we know what we're talking about, it's not because we think negatively about their mod. Heck, we're trying to help them to do far better.

And that's my 2 cents. (and if I make no sense, it's 1:35am, I should not be posting on the forums at this time of the day [or night].)

Makes sense. Glad you said this. It seems most people don't admit this (my opinion again). Mbopal has learned a few things too. Thats why it is now a fully customized mod. Of course, its still marble blast, but we have all new look for gui, textures, and different codes by, Higuy and Jeff. We have lots of features i can't release, because i don't want them going into other mods. I will try my best to keep it a secret.

Ontopic. Yes the other part was half offtopic.
Good job beack! Looks nice!

20 Feb 2011 02:37 #166
If you wanted me to make a skybox that is better suited to this theme, I could do that. I recently downloaded a world that is completely unlike anything I have ever seen. I'll send you a pic.

20 Feb 2011 15:25 #167
Feb 19, 2011, 6:37pm, sim978 wrote:If you wanted me to make a skybox that is better suited to this theme, I could do that. I recently downloaded a world that is completely unlike anything I have ever seen. I'll send you a pic.

I'd like to see that too, please.

20 Feb 2011 18:18 #168
Feb 20, 2011, 7:25am, pablovasquez wrote:
Feb 19, 2011, 6:37pm, sim978 wrote:If you wanted me to make a skybox that is better suited to this theme, I could do that. I recently downloaded a world that is completely unlike anything I have ever seen. I'll send you a pic.

I'd like to see that too, please.

You will, when the mod is released (I don't think you're on staff, but I dunno)

21 Feb 2011 00:10 #169
Sorry. I didn't know the mod's staff members were using this as a discussion thread.

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
23 Mar 2011 02:11 #170
for staff members, please see what I posted in MBF forums

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
23 Mar 2011 02:23 #171
if someone EVER steals MY codes in mbf, I will be p***** off.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
24 Mar 2011 00:39 #172
Some Information.

-The graphics are closed to finish, that means textures, skins, GUI, skies, etc. also we have done 39/80 levels, not much but still good since the reatart, only need make the gui and the graphics will be finished.
-Still looking for a Coder and Level Biulders.
-And MBF will have new hazards (some done of...I don't know) and power ups(If we can do that).
-And (again) we have a kind of easter egg (I think is something like that).

also I really want finish this mod this year and finally give to the comunity after 2 years working (MBG2 -> MBF -> MBF restarted and remaked)

24 Mar 2011 02:20 #173
2 Questions:

-Are you gonna use that blue-starry sky I sent you?
-Would you like another sky?

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
24 Mar 2011 02:47 #174
1.- I didn't recived, but I will use that.
2.- I think I will use one more for custom, but a simple sky

also I send you a PM, did you see that?

25 Mar 2011 20:48 #175
I'm planning to donate a level for MBF, a PQ entry, maybe.

25 Mar 2011 21:59 #176
Mar 23, 2011, 7:47pm, satanic wrote:also I send you a PM, did you see that?

When?

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
25 Mar 2011 23:18 #177
2 days after you send me the panorama movie (sky)

25 Mar 2011 23:46 #178
Sorry, totally forgot about that.

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
27 Mar 2011 21:38 #179
What about his pole for the scenery?

For a weird miracle Map2Dif didn't kicked my map.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
27 Mar 2011 21:41 #180
Nice.
But i think that part with rotated halftubes is not needed

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.376 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.