- Category: News
- Published: Monday, 19 December 2016 03:45
- Written by Aayrl
- Hits: 3175
I am pleased to announce after several weeks of evaluation, we have decided to upgrade our Forum infrastructure to its latest stable version. Our previous forum software had reached its end of life, so it was necessary from a security point of view to complete the upgrade before the end of 2017.
With the new Forum infrastructure comes some exciting enhancements that we hope will make the forums easier to navigate and participate in! Below are some of the most important changes you'll notice:
- An all new Forum Template and Layout!
- All staff member posts now have a light blue background color in order to assist members with identifying official responses from the Marble Blast Community Staff!
- The Marble Blast Community Staff now also have the power to flag community posts as "Helpful", indicated by a light-green color!
- We've cleaned up how News Article replies look on the Home Page to keep our front doors super clean! Don't worry, you'll still be able to comment if you head over to the News Feed or Forums!
We're excited to hear your feedback and suggestions for improvements or changes to this new system. Please feel free to leave a comment and we'll do our best to address any issues you may encounter!
What do you mean by a button that links the forum profile to the actual profile? A link under the avatar on the forums, perhaps?
Yes, I think that would work too. What I meant is that whenever you click someone's name from a forum post it gets you to his forum profile (marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/user/17582-el-robert). I was thinking about having a button there (under the avatar, sure, why not) that upon clicking would take you to his "actual profile" (marbleblast.com/index.php/profile?disp=browse&user=17582), the one with game statistics, achievements etc. At the moment, in order to see that profile, we need to search the user in the Scores section of the site.