• Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Hi all
  • Thank you received: 8
26 Aug 2012 04:13 #61
Aug 25, 2012, 11:41am, jeff wrote:Suggestions for the LoadingGui:

Suggestions for the mod:

1. remove mbopal's dts shapes, as those do not belong to you guys

2. Remove the inversion floor, as thats a direct copy of elite and shows lack of origionality.

3. Do not try to copy things from PQ as that is unorigional.

4. Get better textures, as those ones are not very good quality.

1. we have done to make our own sharps.don't worry about this

2. we are thinking about this since we haven't use it in our levels

3. we have NOT copy pq's loadinggui and we don't know what's pq's loading gui look like. ( You means the pq's loading gui is look like happyroll's? )

4. new textures have done but jimmy have not show this at here

HappyRoll Mod Leader
C++ Beginner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• UN1C0DE
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Happy Roll
  • Thank you received: 5
26 Aug 2012 19:46 #62
@Gary. If we listen Jeff's suggestions, we have many things to be removed, such as PhysicsModTrigger(CustomGravityTrigger), CustomJumpTrigger, InversionTrigger....... Well, too much. (I'm not mad at Jeff.)

So, Gary, that's a creation crisis. It's much dangerous than any kinds of crisis.

Frankly and seriously, OUR HAPPY ROLL MOD ISFACING DEATH. We must get over it. But what we should do now???

Member of Roll Game Team
Programmer / Level Modeller / Background Music Designer
MarbleBlast::HappyRoll YEAH!!!!!!!!

• Thank you received: 0
26 Aug 2012 19:56 #63
Isnt that in PQ, the physics mod trigger?

26 Aug 2012 20:05 #64
Quote:PhysicsModTrigger(CustomGravityTrigger), CustomJumpTrigger, InversionTrigger....... Well, too much (I'm not mad at Jeff.)

I don't think Jeff even tried to make you mad, lol.

The CustomJumpTrigger and PhysicsModTrigger are directly from PQ. I personally don't really care about this, cause you didn't copied its source code (...btw you're not even able to do it).

But keep in mind that taking features from other mods will result your mod to be itself a copy of many different mods. Which will make an unoriginal and annoying mix.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
26 Aug 2012 20:12 #65
Personally, I feel that when it comes to something as basic as a physics mod trigger, you should be allowed to use it if you want to. Many mods have done similar things; even Elite has no jumping and custom gravity triggers. Might as well go yell at Elite then.

I personally don't think that the physics mod triggers are too big of a deal, considering they aren't really anything new, but maybe that's just me.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• UN1C0DE
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Happy Roll
26 Aug 2012 20:46 #66
But all we need is something new. Only new things can make our mod special.

Member of Roll Game Team

• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Hi all
27 Aug 2012 04:54 #67
Persionally , i think CostumGravTrigger , CostumJumpTrigger (and ect.) are BASIC code that any mod can do this just like the EasterEgg code and Teleport code. we CAN use it in our mod if we need but we CAN'T make it as a FEATURE of our mod. in fact we should make more features only HappyRoll have.
we should make more features and we may needn't remove the CostumGravTrigger , CostumJumpTrigger and ect .

HappyRoll Mod Leader
C++ Beginner

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
27 Aug 2012 04:58 #68
I don't really care if you guys want to use those, at the end of the day its the quality of levels that use said features that will matter, as execution of both levels and features are requires in order to make these proper.

The fact that PQ calls this PhysMod and you guys Custom(whatever)Trigger already indicates differences in coding, and I assure you there are more things about the PhysMod we didn't reveal.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 368
27 Aug 2012 05:25 #69
Hell, just to add to the fire, a lot of the programmers for the mods share code back and forth all the time. Seizure has helped me quite a bit with Marble Blast Fubar, as has Jeff. You're going to find some similar code in all of the Marble Blast mods. What really makes an outstanding game is replay-ability and originality (as IsraeliRD stated).

Here's a good technique I developed over the past few months of Fubar beta testing: Compare your levels with some of your favorites in Marble Blast Gold or Marble Blast Platinum. What was it about those levels in MBG / MBP that made you play them over again? Were they challenging? Was the level design unique and elaborate? Use these guidelines to play your own mod's levels and determine what's lacking in order to make them more enjoyable. It's better to have a handful of well-built levels with exciting new challenges and implementations from your programming team than to have a few hundred mediocre levels with a taste of the new code.

~Aayrl

• UN1C0DE
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Happy Roll
27 Aug 2012 09:25 #70
Aug 26, 2012, 10:25pm, aayrl wrote:Hell, just to add to the fire, a lot of the programmers for the mods share code back and forth all the time. Seizure has helped me quite a bit with Marble Blast Fubar, as has Jeff. You're going to find some similar code in all of the Marble Blast mods. What really makes an outstanding game is replay-ability and originality (as IsraeliRD stated).

Here's a good technique I developed over the past few months of Fubar beta testing: Compare your levels with some of your favorites in Marble Blast Gold or Marble Blast Platinum. What was it about those levels in MBG / MBP that made you play them over again? Were they challenging? Was the level design unique and elaborate? Use these guidelines to play your own mod's levels and determine what's lacking in order to make them more enjoyable. It's better to have a handful of well-built levels with exciting new challenges and implementations from your programming team than to have a few hundred mediocre levels with a taste of the new code.

~Aayrl

No suggestions can be useful than this, I think.

Member of Roll Game Team

27 Aug 2012 17:38 #71
We have many inovative and creative level ideas, such as the Billard Balls. We also love to use features in the MBDK and we take what's there for granted we would also love to take your suggestions so please, do feel free to post them here.

• UN1C0DE
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Happy Roll
30 Aug 2012 09:30 #72
Aug 27, 2012, 10:38am, mbgaddict wrote:We have many inovative and creative level ideas, such as the Billard Balls. We also love to use features in the MBDK and we take what's there for granted we would also love to take your suggestions so please, do feel free to post them here.

Billiards in my signature are not a level ideaa, ADDICT. They are just marbles.

Member of Roll Game Team

30 Aug 2012 13:43 #73
Aww, I thought we were going to have those.

• UN1C0DE
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Happy Roll
30 Aug 2012 16:22 #74
Aug 30, 2012, 6:43am, stonemarble wrote:Aww, I thought we were going to have those.

You can have those marbles yet.

Member of Roll Game Team

• Gary
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Hi all
30 Aug 2012 16:55 #75
btw, Billiards is also a good level idea lol
( well , i am kidding )

HappyRoll Mod Leader
C++ Beginner

• UN1C0DE
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Happy Roll
01 Sep 2012 18:04 #76
New status of Happy Roll: SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

I represent all the staffs to say sorry that our MOD is suspended, because most of staffs are at school now(maybe besides MBGAddict), we have little time to work on this MOD. But don't feel sad, we will start to work on it again during a long vacation. Maybe this mod can be published on late 2013 or early 2014, I guess.

After all, just be patient, it won't be dead, we can't waste our efforts.

@MBGAddict: don't stop working on it if you are not busy.

Member of Roll Game Team

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
01 Sep 2012 18:20 #77
If it does die, it would be a good idea to release all the progress that you've accomplished.

Hmm, how many mods are actually still alive now besides MBP, PQ, and MBElite? I think thats it

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

01 Sep 2012 21:27 #78
I'MBen I haven't had ANY time to work on it, maybe you should add some staff that can help cover for me, instead of calling me out like that?

• UN1C0DE
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Happy Roll
02 Sep 2012 01:40 #79
Sept 1, 2012, 2:27pm, mbgaddict wrote:I'MBen I haven't had ANY time to work on it, maybe you should add some staff that can help cover for me, instead of calling me out like that?

I call you out because I don't know you very much. Although adding some new staffs is a good idea, it's not easy yet.

@Jeff : we will release a complete version, but I don't know when. (Zumn is still working on this, but his school time is approaching.)

Member of Roll Game Team

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
02 Sep 2012 03:52 #80
Every mod gets slowed down when it's school time, don't worry about it. Do progress whenever you can (weekends, holidays). Don't think oh yeah this is dead because it isn't just because it's school time.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

02 Sep 2012 15:14 #81
This is very true. I say we follow the advice given to us by Matan, a leader of a released mod and a co-leader in a mod that has blown all our minds away.

• UN1C0DE
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Happy Roll
02 Sep 2012 17:14 #82
Sept 2, 2012, 8:14am, mbgaddict wrote:This is very true. I say we follow the advice given to us by Matan, a leader of a released mod and a co-leader in a mod that has blown all our minds away.

Just do what we feel like to do, accept those useful and meaningful suggestions.

Member of Roll Game Team

02 Sep 2012 21:02 #83
Sept 2, 2012, 10:14am, jimmyax wrote:
Sept 2, 2012, 8:14am, mbgaddict wrote:This is very true. I say we follow the advice given to us by Matan, a leader of a released mod and a co-leader in a mod that has blown all our minds away.

Just do what we feel like to do, accept those useful and meaningful suggestions.

It's not up to me. I'm not the leader.

• UN1C0DE
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Happy Roll
03 Sep 2012 04:07 #84
Sept 2, 2012, 2:02pm, mbgaddict wrote:
Sept 2, 2012, 10:14am, jimmyax wrote:

There is something you can decide by yourself without leaders' permission ADDICT.

Member of Roll Game Team

• Thank you received: 15
03 Sep 2012 04:29 #85
Can we try not to turn this thread into one huge argument, please?

03 Sep 2012 15:33 #86
Sept 2, 2012, 9:07pm, jimmyax wrote:
Sept 2, 2012, 2:02pm, mbgaddict wrote:

There is something you can decide by yourself without leaders' permission ADDICT.
Whatever, I'm going to be the mature one by stopping this pointless bickering.

• Thank you received: 1
04 Sep 2012 01:32 #87
Just making a suggestion:

Instead of having your staff talk about the mod in the thread, get on a social network, inform your members about the mod, discus progress, assignment, ect. We don't have to be with the mod the whole way. It is nice to have an update, but keep the inter staff chat to a minimum on the thread. It will improve the mod by enhancing communication, and keep secrets that might have been leaked if staff were talking about EVERYTHING in the PUBLIC thread. When we see there is a new post in this thread, we want an update, not a staff member complaining that they weren't informed about this or that.

Not trying to run your mod for you, just making a suggestion.

~Explode

04 Sep 2012 14:13 #88
The problem is, we live in completely different time zones. They are on when I'm asleep.

05 Sep 2012 02:25 #89
I think people working on PQ are in different time zones. If so, how do you think they got it to work?

• Gary
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Hi all
08 Sep 2012 12:13 #90
Because of the school start, we may cannot make the mod everyday just like in holiday , but we still are work on that~ don't worry about that.and we also need others help

HappyRoll Mod Leader
C++ Beginner

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.061 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.