Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

file MBG New World Records Topic

• Thank you received: 0
13 Feb 2011 21:46 #481
yes rec.

edit. 2.27 rec.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Xelna
  • Xelna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 52
13 Feb 2011 23:24 #482
What the fuck man? I think you're taking the first TT (top one on the left) by edge hitting the wooden slope... Otherwise idk...

13 Feb 2011 23:26 #483
OMGod. I think same as Xelna, but i tried and it looks very hard to take the TT under 2.30...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
14 Feb 2011 02:05 #484
o.o send me the .rec , that's amazing.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Feb 2011 03:13 #485
Thats just....mind boggling.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Xelna
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
14 Feb 2011 09:33 #486
Feb 13, 2011, 6:05pm, admin wrote:send me the .rec

14 Feb 2011 15:34 #487
Feb 14, 2011, 1:33am, xelna wrote:
Feb 13, 2011, 6:05pm, admin wrote:send me the .rec

14 Feb 2011 19:32 #488
cheat or not? :

14 Feb 2011 19:58 #489
Cheat. Obviously.

And... there's no super-speed on JJJ.

14 Feb 2011 20:59 #490
i have an idea, is it possible that something is wrong with my grass?

• Xelna
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
14 Feb 2011 21:07 #491
idk but sub 2.36 at max... is fucking impossible... u gotta check ur properties
unless as I said, you found a minor tweak we can't see very well in the video.

We tested it Matan and I, if you change your marble properties, the .rec will fail while playing the run. So if we want to know if you cheated or not, you could send both of us the .rec file and we'll see.

• Thank you received: 15
14 Feb 2011 21:08 #492
The irony of Sonic asking for a .rec is beyond words.

To get back on-topic: I'd suggest that Xuan/Mosquashi send Matan and Xelna the .rec soon, or it might become suspicious. And powerjohn cheated, that's what he does best.

• Xelna
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
14 Feb 2011 21:09 #493
Yeah and it just gives me another reason to delete his 22.99 on Pathways, lol...

By the way Mosquashi, I was kidding when I said I got 1.95 on Jump Jump Jump, it's obviously impossible.

14 Feb 2011 21:24 #494
ok, the only thing i can still think of that something is wrong with my grass or a glitch in game, but you must believe me IM NOT A CHEATER!!!

14 Feb 2011 21:50 #495
Xuan, you're a mac user then windows users mustn't have you're .rec working, send it to me, i'll check by myself.

15 Feb 2011 00:05 #496
Feb 14, 2011, 1:08pm, andrewsears wrote:The irony of Sonic asking for a .rec is beyond words.

-_- Didn't I already say why I couldn't .rec?

15 Feb 2011 00:29 #497
His replay isn't working, i think he had a bug or a wrong thing with the grass (he probably modified his init.cs file by mistake) or he simply cheated (i don't think that, really).

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
15 Feb 2011 01:05 #498
Mosquash, does the replay work for you?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
15 Feb 2011 01:18 #499
Even if his .rec will screw up for me, the start is all we need. Xuan, send me the .rec.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
15 Feb 2011 02:37 #500
Feb 14, 2011, 11:32am, mosquashi wrote:cheat or not? :

Wtf is this guy's problem? I wanna see him do that in the LB's and then we'll see if the SS is on the start pad.
Like, wtf man. Im sick of this...

• Thank you received: 1
15 Feb 2011 02:54 #501
Wow, what a pathetic attempt to get attention. If there was a Super Speed in the Start Pad, we would have found it years ago.

Xelna, I would remove the 22.99 Pathways this minute.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
15 Feb 2011 03:25 #502
Reposting for goodness.

Feb 14, 2011, 7:16pm, admin wrote:Well for everyone's info, I've done massive check comparison from what I could based on his YT video vs my own 2.390. What I did was pause his videos at different points (YouTube runs at 30fps, so I don't get to do every single point), and matched the times listed against my own. Since I had a frame-by-frame recording @ 64fps, I could check his clock vs mine and thus see the different marble positions at the same time, and I noted his speed gain occurred every time he hit the grass.

His start was 0.02-0.03 slower than I had, yet he matched me exactly after he hit the grass (so by the 2nd grass hit, we were equal)!
After the 2nd grass hit, he was ahead of me, and then the third time which made it to the TT 0.07 faster than I had. I believe he hacked his init.cs to give higher friction on grass, which is the only plausible way.

If he wants to prove otherwise, I need his .rec so I can FRAPS it myself and do a full frame by frame comparison and see that it's not only when he touches the grass that he gains speed, but instead gains it equally throughout the entire start. If he cannot submit his .rec, then this is, as far as I'm concerned, a cheated time.

• Thank you received: 14
15 Feb 2011 04:06 #503
Feb 14, 2011, 6:54pm, marblefire wrote:Wow, what a pathetic attempt to get attention. If there was a Super Speed in the Start Pad, we would have found it years ago.Is it lame that I just checked the .mis file to make sure there was no Super Speed in JJJ?

He's now renamed it to THIS VIDEO IS BAD! so apparently he knows he's been caught.

Feb 14, 2011, 6:54pm, marblefire wrote:Xelna, I would remove the 22.99 Pathways this minute.On his page he says Why did I get a 22.99 Pathways? I tried iMac's path and I do an Edge-Pop at the end. That's theoretically possible, but given these recent events I'm having doubts about the legitimacy of this time.

The other two WRs he claims to have are Pipe Dreams 12.35 and King of the Mountain 3.43. Pipe Dreams I can kinda believe, but KotM I don't

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Thank you received: 2
15 Feb 2011 04:32 #504
It's really sad that as good as powerjohn apparently is, he still cheats. I would understand if he completely sucked, but it appears that he has some skill. It's great to see more people with world-class skill; it shouldn't be wasted on trivial stunts like the ones he's pulling.

• Thank you received: 15
15 Feb 2011 05:14 #505
There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for cheating in my opinion. NONE. If you want to reach a goal; if you want to do the best you possibly can, you have to EARN it. Don't cheat to get pro times in MB; practice and practice until you get good enough to rival Matan and Xelna. And for goodness sake, when people ask you for proof, like a screenshot or a .rec, GIVE THEM THE PROOF!! (not going to name any names, but you know who you are). I would like to think that this is a community full of honest and hard-working people who wouldn't cheat to get a WR and would actually work to get one - but I'm ashamed to see that it isn't the case. It's getting harder and harder for new pros to come along and be believed because of cheaters like Powerjohn, Cawdude, and Marble37. Not to mention that cheating methods are so easily discovered, such as photoshopping screenshots, avoiding showing people proof, and changing friction properties - do you guys really think we're that stupid? Why do you want to risk trashing your reputation in the community? Why allow everyone to lose respect for you? None of the people in that list have my respect anymore because of what they did. If they had actually taken the time to become pros at MB, they would probably still have it.

This applies just in Marble Blast, but in real life as well. Don't cheat on tests and don't plagiarize essays in order to do well - put in the effort to do your work and study, and you will go far. Not to mention that if you're caught, especially as you get higher up, you can get expelled and you will have a hard time finding a career. When athletes such as Mark McGwire and Floyd Landis admit to taken performance-enhancing drugs, I immediately lose respect for them. You know why? Because they used them to gain an unfair advantage in their respective sports (baseball and cycling, for those who don't know), instead of trying to win and break records while on the same level as everyone else. It irritates me to read and hear about people who justify cheating in life as if it's the only way to succeed - IT'S NOT. Put in a little effort once in a while and you can achieve any goal you wish.

Sorry for this long-winded rant, but I feel like it had to be said.

• Thank you received: 2
15 Feb 2011 05:25 #506
I'd like to make it clear that I wasn't condoning cheating in my post about powerjohn when I said I would understand if he completely sucked.
I was honestly questioning why powerjohn even felt the need to cheat if he actually was able to get some good times. I subsequently made the observation that the kind of cheaters we often see are simply incapable of acheiving their claimed/faked success. I would understand WHY he would cheat if he was bad at MB, not I would be okay with it if he was bad.
The best explanation is that powerjohn realized he was sooo close that he couldn't resist pushing himself over without the effort.

Basically I was pointing out the peculiarities of one particular circumstance, which in this case was powerjohn's case.

(and I completely agree with your rant which isn't actually too much of a rant )

• Thank you received: 14
15 Feb 2011 05:52 #507
Something I'd also like to add: I can't speak for everyone, but I don't have a problem with people modifying properties in Marble Blast for purposes of exploring the game further, as long as any results/videos with these modifications clearly mention what has been changed (or it's really obvious, like a big marble). As a somewhat extreme example, changing the gravity to 8 and getting 6.xx in Battlements, and then uploading that video with a note explaining that the gravity has been changed to 8 is okay, but claiming you have a new Battlements WR!!! and then refusing to show any video or .rec proof is not okay.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

15 Feb 2011 06:13 #508
I knew there wasn't something right when some random on YT got WRs...

15 Feb 2011 06:32 #509
Feb 14, 2011, 9:25pm, sporlo wrote:I'd like to make it clear that I wasn't condoning cheating in my post about powerjohn when I said I would understand if he completely sucked.
I was honestly questioning why powerjohn even felt the need to cheat if he actually was able to get some good times. I subsequently made the observation that the kind of cheaters we often see are simply incapable of acheiving their claimed/faked success. I would understand WHY he would cheat if he was bad at MB, not I would be okay with it if he was bad.
The best explanation is that powerjohn realized he was sooo close that he couldn't resist pushing himself over without the effort.

Basically I was pointing out the peculiarities of one particular circumstance, which in this case was powerjohn's case.

(and I completely agree with your rant which isn't actually too much of a rant )

I think it's more like this: Powerjohn isn't all that nice to begin with. He at least flamed Andrew, iMac, and Mosquashi, and probably others as well. Since our community members generally stick by each other, he was criticized on his video pages, and, eventually feeling antagonistic toward the entire community (with pros who don't cheat and get lots of praise), decided to fake some impressive WRs to feel like he had somehow beaten us. Never mind the fact that he hasn't provided video proof to any to date, if I remember correctly.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
15 Feb 2011 07:31 #510
For those that wonder, Powerjohn is Birdie453(Gabriel Inocencio) aka 3 other nicks on these forums and he was banned from these forums for flaming, spamming and attacking other members. He already hated us from 2.5 years ago.

Now, I'm not saying Mosquashi has lost my trust (his other vids are good) but the fact is he hasn't provided a .rec for well over a day and my testing has shown there's no way he could have gotten a WR; the least I'd expect him to either send a .rec or admit as to why that occurred (such as init.cs was modified and thus resulted in this record).
For me this is greatly upsetting and disappointing that he'd do so, but not enough to hate him like Andrew would. I'm still subscribed to his videos and still am looking forwards new videos, but his case further pushes the point that MBG WR claims must have proof, especially in .rec format, as otherwise they should not be accepted.

Edit: edited for spelling/grammar/structure.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.388 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.