Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

file MBG New World Records Topic

• Thank you received: 14
08 Aug 2011 20:37 #571
Okay, I sent all the ones I made while working on MBG WR runs. There are 120 in total, so if you don't have time to look at all of them, just play the files with the craziest names. (For some of the Gauntlet ones, I was playing songs in my head and wrote parts of the lyrics down as the name.)

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 Aug 2011 10:37 #572
Anyone has 2.38 JJJ? Would be much needed for rampage if anyone has.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 0
13 Aug 2011 10:52 #573
I can do it.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
13 Aug 2011 13:14 #574
Please do it fast. I've finished my organization of the entire rampage, checked if my .recs match the ones on my lists (which they do), updated the html file and I'm ready to record everything.

I know of a few more levels that some may be working on, so I'm going to give everyone some more time to record, but I need them done urgently.

Thanks all!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

13 Aug 2011 13:41 #575
Jump Jump Jump (2.377) [.rec]

• Thank you received: 2
13 Aug 2011 19:58 #576
lol not a record, but I broke 3rd place on Elevator

(I just got .67 then a .68 then a .69 then a .70 all in a row )

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
13 Aug 2011 21:36 #577
Wow I love it when such coincidences happen!

And no you didn't, WR was beaten sometime ago, by X $ X, hence makes you just a tad short of 3rd place, get 3.65 !

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

13 Aug 2011 22:53 #578
Aug 13, 2011, 2:36pm, dushine wrote:Wow I love it when such coincidences happen!

And no you didn't, WR was beaten sometime ago, by X $ X, hence makes you just a tad short of 3rd place, get 3.65 !

Wow I almost figured that would happen. That page hasn't been updated since February!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Aug 2011 00:16 #579
FYI everyone ReloadeDragon's .rec breaks so we don't have anything sub 2.39. If anyone else wants to record a sub 2.39 for SDA's update, please do so.

.rec submission for WR ends in 2 weeks. in 2 weeks I'll be doing the encoding process, so you guys have 2 more weeks to go grab WRs!

14 Aug 2011 01:16 #580
Are all the runs going to be encoded or just the updated ones? Because I'm going to make a new marble skin soon.

And I can't do JJJ since I can only get sub-2.39 on my Mac (and that was just barely).

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Aug 2011 01:17 #581
2.38 also works

All the runs are going to be encoded, there will not be an updated ones only this time.

14 Aug 2011 02:06 #582
2.38s became very easy for me (i hit this like every 5 minutes) i can do it easily but if the .recs fails at each attempts...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Aug 2011 08:32 #583
It's why we need multiple attempts. Something works at the end of the day.

Pascal had to redo Fan Lift a ton of times because of the fans, while Space Station is much more of a nightmare.

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • An Ordinary Marble Blaster
  • Thank you received: 70
14 Aug 2011 13:53 #584
matan , may i send fraps videos instead of rec files? Im using 1024x768. Im using my own marble.

I'm just an ordinary marble blaster who like to create new and unusual things.

Creator of the Marble Blast GLC series
Check out and download my custom levels here .
Check out my original musics in this thread and in my soundcloud here .

14 Aug 2011 17:26 #585
Matan, i had 5 attempts on jump jump jump with 2.38s and all the replays failed.

I give up.

14 Aug 2011 17:39 #586
Aug 14, 2011, 6:53am, voccubes wrote:matan , may i send fraps videos instead of rec files? Im using 1024x768. Im using my own marble.

The only reason we use .recs is so that we can be sure that nothing in the .mis or other parts of the game has been modified. So no, you can't just record a video.

Does your monitor have a maximum 1024 horizontal? If not, just change your game window size setresolution(1280,720,32);
If you can't then just try it anyway. The resolution is not required to be the same, it just might not work every time (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong).

As for your own marble, that doesn't matter right now. I'm going to guess that Matan will request custom marbles later on, but you'll have to hear from him because I don't know for sure.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
14 Aug 2011 22:48 #587
If Matan allows it, I could verify and record any mac demos. If he wants to record all of them himself with FRAPS for playback consistency reasons then nevermind.

14 Aug 2011 23:54 #588
Aug 14, 2011, 10:39am, sporlo wrote:Does your monitor have a maximum 1024 horizontal? If not, just change your game window size setresolution(1280,720,32);
If you can't then just try it anyway. The resolution is not required to be the same, it just might not work every time (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong).The resolution that the .rec is recorded in does not have to be the same as the resolution the .rec is played back in. The .rec has the greatest chance of playing back properly, though, if the recorded and played back resolutions are the same. In my experience, differing aspect ratios are more of a factor than same or similar aspect ratios but different resolutions.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
15 Aug 2011 01:17 #589
NaCl, which level do you want to record?
Secondly, is it your own marble, or just a marble skin?
Thirdly, ReloadeDragon, don't worry about it then. Work on the other two.
Fourthly, PF, the biggest problem is that it needs to be the same in framerate and audio volume as my videos. With RD's problem it ends up neither of us can make them work, so I'm assuming long levels for some reason desync easily when done in Mac. The worst thing is that I got here his 2.377 .rec and it works all the way, except for missing the 3rd gem by a tiny bit. Makes no sense.
Fifth, the .rec resolution usually doesn't matter. for MBP Pascal recorded 800x600, and except a few levels (Space Station, MMG Icichole just to name) everything worked perfect on 1280x720; the exceptions worked only on 800x600.
Sixth, Sporlo, send me your custom marble skin if you haven't. Make it unique to the rest.

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
16 Aug 2011 09:28 #590
Aug 14, 2011, 6:17pm, admin wrote:NaCl, which level do you want to record?
Secondly, is it your own marble, or just a marble skin?

1. Trapdoors
2. Thats a marble skin sorry. Its a MBAdventure Official Marble

and a question, must i enable shadows?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
16 Aug 2011 11:51 #591
Trapdoors needs to be 2.23 or less. Shadows are irrelevant, and we need it in .rec format.

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
16 Aug 2011 12:59 #592
uh? I give up , might i must find another level or let my skill goes up first

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
16 Aug 2011 13:52 #593
Did you seriously think IC levels would be easy...?

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
16 Aug 2011 14:32 #594
what is IC levels? Im trying to get JJJ but i suck at 2.45 and it always reset. Tornado alley best 2.79 , Breezeway best 2.6x , any level is just straight. and Trapdoors best is 2.29

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
16 Aug 2011 15:01 #595
IC levels = Internal Clock levels. Short and straightforward levels where skills don't matter as much as the computer itself. An example is here where people can check their internal clocks and thus see where they compare against others.
Levels which are regarded as IC levels include: JJJ, Breezeway, Trapdoors, Time Trial, Tornado Alley and others, (in MBP: Let's Roll, Downhill Racing and others). These levels were practically played to perfection, often spending hours on just to get the perfect start with the best IC.

Seeing your times above, you can see that you're pretty far off the mark. You have a lot of work ahead of you to get anywhere near.

speeddemosarchive.com/MarbleBlastGold.html

^ times to beat, but some of those were beaten (see this topic's first post for one). We can't say which. You need to .rec your best and hope that the time you achieved is indeed better.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
16 Aug 2011 23:06 #596
Dude if you are having a problem with levels that require the least skill, then I have to say its gonna be a real struggle for you to get some WRs, no offense. But I suggest before you decide to do IC levels, you have two options: either get real good at them so that you can see how accurate your IC is, because if you don't, then we won't be able to determine whether you can draw or better those records.

OR the much more simplified option, I suggest that you test your IC, I helped Alexis out with measuring his a while ago, Technostick if am not mistaken (or was it Matan?) made a series of three levels that solemnly rely on how good your i clock is, they are called: The Internal Clock Races 1, 2 & 3. The levels are unique in a sense that all you do is start, and let the marble drop, you literary have to do nothing but write your name in at the end of the level, because the marble drops down to the finish pad that is further down, though unseen at the starting by you.

I suggest you play mainly 1 because it takes about 7.8-7.9x for you to finish, whereas 2 it takes 28.5-.6x, and the last over 1:20 minutes, and even then the finish pad trigger fails and you are sent back up really far, and the marble starts to move in air, so by the time you drop back down, you miss the finish, its hard to pin point where it is upon descending.

These levels are great, particularly the first, because they will tell you how low your IC can end on, for example: My old desktop landed on 7.90s and the second 28.60, whereas my laptop ends on 7.89 and 28.59, hence I was able to beat for example, my Time Trial best from 2.25 (with old start pad trick) to 2.24. For example, as far as I knew some people with the best ICs were Pascal, Technostick, and Perishingflames. They could end on 7.88 or lower, I think Techno's was the best then.

Sorry to lecture you, but I hope you understand, but put it shortly. If your IC can't end on anything lower than 7.89 on IC Race 1, or can't land lower than 2.23 on Time Trial, then forget all the levels that need an Internal Clock as the primary thing.

Edit: Nvm, I found the link to the topic, so I deleted the paragraph I wrote asking for help finding it...Who else but MAtan...To love testing ICs

www.marbleblast.com/index.cgi?boa....lay&thread=3986

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
17 Aug 2011 00:35 #597
Might i will change to Fork in the Road
*Lets roll MBP best 2.29*

17 Aug 2011 01:42 #598
Aug 16, 2011, 4:06pm, dushine wrote:For example, as far as I knew some people with the best ICs were Pascal, Technostick, and Perishingflames. They could end on 7.88 or lower, I think Techno's was the best then.
ahem...

Jan 25, 2011, 1:50am, sporlo wrote:ICRs: PWNT
#1 on all 4 races.

ICR1 (7.877)
ICR2 (28.585)
ICR3 (1:36.647)
ICR4 (1:10.860)

And @Salt: Yes, please try to beat my Fork in the Road time. I'd love to see a 3.82, because I got a 3.830, but I just cannot get under that (I have many 3.83x's). I'm pretty confident about my 4.767 on Slip 'n Slide, because I beat it by .06, but I don't really care about my FitR.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
18 Aug 2011 14:46 #599
Hey guys, I know I said 2 weeks before submission closes, but I'd like to amend it to... : I don't know.

University is eating me up here. I wasn't at home for 15:30 hrs today and weekends are being eaten up by work, sleep and probably some uni work.

Keep recording until I say stop, which will be when I get ready to encode.

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
18 Aug 2011 14:49 #600
Im canceling my run. So bad with my skill

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.016 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.