Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

file MBG New World Records Topic

• Thank you received: 2
31 Dec 2011 09:51 #661
Finding the WRR2Adv is almost impossible. I've done it before but it is extremely hard to get the right search query on YouTube. Could someone compile a clean, concise, easy-to-find list of each official WRR video? That way people can admire and/or analyze the progression of levels in path, time, and record holder.

Link to WRR3Adv since Matan hasn't posted it here yet:
World Record Rampage #3 Advanced

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15
31 Dec 2011 09:59 #662
Dec 31, 2011, 1:51am, sporlo wrote:Finding the WRR2Adv is almost impossible. I've done it before but it is extremely hard to get the right search query on YouTube. Could someone compile a clean, concise, easy-to-find list of each official WRR video? That way people can admire and/or analyze the progression of levels in path, time, and record holder.

Your wish is my command.

WR rampage #1:

Beginner:

Intermediate:

Advanced part 1:

Advanced part 2:

WR rampage #2:

Beginner:

Intermediate:

Advanced:

WR rampage #3:

Beginner:

Intermediate:

Advanced:

31 Dec 2011 10:03 #663
Wow, thanks bro. If only I could view these on my phone…
I'll definitely be rewatching each of these before my winter break is up.

(*this link* should be pasted somewhere in this thread's first post.)

• Thank you received: 0
31 Dec 2011 16:18 #664
uff, am soooo scared of pascal no really, whats wrong with him????????

tightropes was the best run on marble blast ever!

but pathways was even better

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
24 Jan 2012 10:23 #665
I'll just drop this here:

Quote:Hey Matan,

Thank you for sending these. Not only are they really impressive routes, but it is really gratifying for me to see you and the other players finding new levels of mastery for MB so long after its release.

I still think back on creating Marble Blast levels as one of the most fun times I have had in my career in games.

-Alex

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

24 Jan 2012 21:25 #666
That's awesome!

25 Jan 2012 00:49 #667
Those are truly epic Edit 666th reply!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
15 Feb 2012 08:05 #668
Marble Blast Gold World Record Rampage #3 :: Bloopers

Marble Blast Gold is trolling us.

Here's a compilation of bloopers that occurred during the recording of this rampage. I haven't done a higher quality because YouTube will desync the audio/video (see WRR#2 Updated Runs).

-- DOWNLOAD THE RUN SDA HERE {placeholder until it gets posted} --
Includes TWO audio tracks by Xelna and Matan, which means a lot of useful info, some fun anecdotes, good laughs and also French and Hebrew by sexy voice and not-really-a-sexy-voice.

Enjoyed these? Like, comment and check our other videos! If you can, do visit marbleblast.com for more Marble Blasting goodness.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

15 Feb 2012 21:13 #669
0:33

New world record pathway, perhaps?

16 Feb 2012 00:23 #670
The quality isn't bad Matan don't worry about it, on another note WHEN IS THE SDA GOING TO BE POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thank you received: 14
16 Feb 2012 01:57 #671
If you look at one of my bloopers you can see my attempt at a 20 second path for Skyscraper.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
17 Feb 2012 01:44 #672
Then the video would be titled Bloopers and Alternate Paths

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

17 Feb 2012 11:38 #673
haha.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
24 Feb 2012 07:10 #674
Did you watch the WR rampage? The record is 2.58.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
25 Feb 2012 03:29 #675
Feb 24, 2012, 7:24pm, mbgaddict wrote:The first post says the world record is 2.85 but I will delete my post anyway

Quote:17: Breezeway – 2.58 (Pascal), 2.59 (KidPlayer & Sonic), 2.61 (Dushine)

You can't read?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
25 Feb 2012 03:54 #676
Quote:« Last Edit: 15 Feb, 2011, 3:37pm by Xelna »
Today is the 24th (25th here). You posted yesterday, the 23rd (24th here). You can't read.
And also, a WR can't be 2.85 and 2nd/3rd places being 2.61 and 2.62. That makes no sense. Think logically.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
25 Feb 2012 04:07 #677
And pascal just informed me I still haven't noticed we're in the year 2012 and his post was edited in 2011. That makes you 1 year and 10 days late.

Also this is 2012. I gotta remember this.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
25 Feb 2012 04:22 #678
You don't have any proof for that, and I'd like to see that on .rec.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
25 Feb 2012 04:44 #679
but that is still 2.85...

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
25 Feb 2012 05:06 #680
and 2nd place is 2.61 and third place is 2.62 >_> you're 0.23 seconds behind.

I'm getting annoyed here.

25 Feb 2012 15:56 #681
Me and my dyslexia are stupid and dumb

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
01 Mar 2012 07:23 #682
MBG w/ 2 Audio Commentaries by Matan & Pascal NOW ON SDA: speeddemosarchive.com/MarbleBlastGold.html

01 Mar 2012 07:27 #683
Quote:Wednesday, February 29, 2012 by dex
An attempt at aimlessly alliterative appellation

Our first game today is one of the PC classics, the venerable Max Payne. Continuing his complete domination of that game page, Nigel 'ridd3r' Martin adds a spanking new category: to complement his speedy single-segment on the hardest difficulty, he added an even speedier multi-segment. And I dare say, it's a run well worth watching - without wrecking too much of the surprise, I'll say the difficulty level name (Dead on Arrival) is incredibly apt considering one of the used glitches. Even the most veteran of the New York Police Department should find the new tricks mindblowing. The timing is 0:42:41 in 78 segments. If you want to hear explanations of the more amazing shortcuts (I bet you will), Mr. Martin provided an audio commentary track with the run. Go get this, now.
Sticking with the 'PC classic' theme, we have a bunch of improvements in the individual-levels table of Starcraft. And by 'bunch', I mean that a person going only by the name of 'Freezard' decided to improve every single one, save for Terran 03 for some reason. Curious decision nonwithstanding, Freezard's considerable contributions combine to chop 45 minutes off the clock, yielding a total time of 2:28:55. It remains to be seen whether the last level to remain standing will also be conquered by him - I sure look forward to that happening. Complete destructions of IL tables are always impressive.

Speaking of IL tables, the proud spiritual successor to Marble Madness, Marble Blast Gold got a little lifting of some of the levels. Remy 'Dushine' Dushime, Pascal 'Xelna' Lafrance, Jonathan 'Sporlo' Hynes, Ji Hoon 'iMacmatician' Chun and Matan 'IsraeliRD' Weissman all did at least one improvement each - I believe the total number of improved levels is 54! For obvious reasons, those savings stack, shaving several seconds from the previous time, specifically 42, giving us the final time of 0:14:32.307. Audio commentary tracks and bloopers (1, 2 and 3) are also provided for extra entertainment value.

Lastly, the Relic Entertainment RTS in the familiar Warhammer 40,000 world, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (an expansion to the original Dawn of War) gets a super-low-segment run by 'Sinochek' - only 4 of those in here! And it ain't a quickie, either - the time taken to trash through the campaign by Mr. Sinochek is 0:28:47. Here's hoping he decides to do the other expansions next!
That's all for today. See you next time.

For the record

For some reason the bloopers aren't posted on the MBG page. So, here you go.

01 Mar 2012 08:29 #684
Downloaded and listening to audio commentaries now. Nice to hear what you guys think of the levels/paths! (The one thing that's annoying me a bit is that Matan's audio volume is much higher than Pascal's.)

Also, I noticed that Escher's Race is still 27.31, not 26.xx (some other levels weren't updated too), were those done after the submission?

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Xelna
  • Xelna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 52
01 Mar 2012 08:36 #685
iMac : Yes they were done after submission (Spork in the Road, Escher's Race and 1-2 others I think).

Also, in the levels specific audio track, I think I say Half Pipe Elite when I'm actually playing Half Pipe...

And it was uploaded on February 29th because hey, Marble Blast Gold is special.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
01 Mar 2012 08:40 #686
[12:18] * ShadowWraith changes topic to '$149K? $149K! | Max Payne by ridd3r | Marble Blast Gold by almost everyone | WH40kDoWDC by Sinochek | Starcraft by Freezard | ...bacon? bacon! | contact@speeddemosarchive.com new address for submissions! | KROLM!'

And pascal yeah you said HPE in HP and im like WTF

01 Mar 2012 17:58 #687
I can't figure out how to get the audio commentaries to work...

01 Mar 2012 18:14 #688
Download the video, open it up in VLC Player (or any app supporting multiple audio tracks), and select audio tracks 2 and 3.

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
02 Mar 2012 03:24 #689
I finally download the SDA Version. The problem is that I'm stuck with the low quality version since I have a lower bandwidth at this time. It's cool to have one video with 3 audio tracks. It's also neat to hear Pascal's and Matan's voice and descriptions of general tricks. I also notice that on some levels (Escher's Race and Siege) have older runs. I hadn't taken a look at other SDA videos. I guess this video is done before the YouTube version. I enjoyed the video, and I hope to see more speedruns to come.

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
02 Mar 2012 22:24 #690
Noob question below

Where is the download link?

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.036 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.