Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

file MBG New World Records Topic

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
12 Dec 2011 09:11 #631
Update!

YouTube version will be coming soon!

24th December - Beginner
27th December - Intermediate
31st December - Advanced

Get some spare clothes, you'll need a lot of these.

As a reminder, SDA version will have 2 audio commentary tracks, so if you want to hear Pascal and Matan chat and talk about the game, levels, specific details, anecdotes and stuff, it's a recommended download!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
12 Dec 2011 10:17 #632
Reminder: the two audio commentary tracks are in Hebrew and French, so have your personal translator handy.

12 Dec 2011 15:19 #633
Dec 12, 2011, 2:17am, riblet15 wrote:Reminder: the two audio commentary tracks are in Hebrew and French, so have your personal translator handy.

WIN!!!

Is there going to be another MBP rampage, or is it just MBG? I'd still like an SDA for MBP's last rampage.

• Thank you received: 2
13 Dec 2011 02:34 #634
Dec 12, 2011, 1:11am, admin wrote:YouTube version will be coming soon!

24th December - Beginner

Love

And I like the suspense buildup between releases.

• Thank you received: 14
14 Dec 2011 02:15 #635
WOO HOO!!

By the way… are these dates in your time zone?

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Dec 2011 02:42 #636
I'll try for evening releases (my dates) so it's the same date in USA (minimum east coast). That said, you're gonna have to be up from midnight-3am to be a first watcher, haha.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

14 Dec 2011 22:58 #637
yeah yeah yeah!!!!!!!!!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
24 Dec 2011 08:15 #638
BEGINNER LEVELS:

24 Dec 2011 08:28 #639
FIRST!
lol post first, watch second, and I'll edit this post afterwards!

EDIT:

Wow. Love the video quality. Clean is the best way to describe it.
Watching the short levels is like tasting fine wine (which I haven't do, so maybe this is nothing like it ), if you take the levels in one big gulp you'd miss all the subtleties of the perfect edge hits and the perfect double-bounces on the corners. But if you've seen these levels played over and over for years, you can just savor the sweet improvements that have been made. It really amazes me that Time Trial is now a full 5 hundredths lower than it was when I joined the community! And that Winding Road blind finish was just a PERFECT mini-finale and setup for THE Finale.
Well done all (w/a very special s/o to Pascal for being a beast. Love the marble).

24 Dec 2011 09:29 #640
I posted my pair of comments on the video page, but here I'd just like to say that this video is awesome and makes me want the other two NOW!

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

24 Dec 2011 12:25 #641
no words

25 Dec 2011 04:55 #642
What was that on Trapdoors lol...

Great video, I'd like to see what tweaks you guys came up with on intermediate c:

26 Dec 2011 18:39 #643
The last three were just amazing! In particular, I remember not too long ago when we thought that the Platform Party traplaunch was impossible. Now it's played like kid stuff.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Dec 2011 08:03 #644
Marble Blast Gold World Record Rampage #3 :: Intermediate

You may have thought that some levels couldn't go any faster, or that they have that seemingly impossible time that can never be beaten. Well, starting now we are showing to you that you are very, very wrong. If anything, this is a big tease as to whats coming in the Advanced levels!

Enjoy!

P.S. - Don't ask for the songs.

Loved the run? Like, comment and check our other videos! If you can, do visit marbleblast.com for more Marble Blasting goodness.

27 Dec 2011 12:40 #645
sooooo amazing!!!

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
28 Dec 2011 06:01 #646
Dec 27, 2011, 4:40am, mosquashi wrote:sooooo amazing!!!

yes, agreed. It is truely awesome to see these amazing runs!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

28 Dec 2011 06:06 #647
I lol'd at Go for the Green. #classic

• Thank you received: 15
28 Dec 2011 06:12 #648
My favorites had to be Go for the Green (did not expect that path), Marble Playground (who would have thought to use the Super Bounce?), Gauntlet (epic), and Upward Spiral (nice new path).

28 Dec 2011 06:19 #649
Dec 27, 2011, 10:12pm, andrewsears wrote:Marble Playground (who would have thought to use the Super Bounce?), and Upward Spiral (nice new path).

Yep I love when underused powerups like the SA and SB get used to record break! And ya also gotta love the double powerup catches as in Spiral and Spork.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
28 Dec 2011 06:39 #650
Then you will absolutely love twp of the Advanced levels

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
28 Dec 2011 14:31 #651
What are the songs?

But seriously, amazing job. Go for the Green was totally unexpected, and Marble Playground blew my mind, but all were amazingly well played. Can't wait till advanced.

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
28 Dec 2011 23:40 #652
Dec 27, 2011, 12:03am, admin wrote:If you can, do visit marbleblast.com for more Marble Blasting goodness.

Wow, cool site.

Commentary as I watch:

I thought AlexthePMG had an improved record on JJJ (2.38)...?
Major motion sickness and run sickness on the Monster Speedway levels!
Go For the Green was incredible. I can't believe such an old, simple, boring level has a totally new route!
TriTwist was perfect! Great tweaks since last time.
I can't believe you guys found ANOTHER amazing route for Marble Playground! AGAIN.
Everything else was, of course, epic. Glad to see Sporlo join the lineup.

28 Dec 2011 23:54 #653
Dec 28, 2011, 3:40pm, marblefire wrote:I thought AlexthePMG had an improved record on JJJ (2.38)...?He has 2.37 IIRC but none of his 2.37 or 2.38 .rec's worked.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
29 Dec 2011 01:00 #654
^ that, and he decided he isn't gonna bother to .rec something that works for us.

29 Dec 2011 01:20 #655
JJJ must be cursed or something. Two players with .rec issues in a row . Granted, one was just a silly mistake, but dang.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
29 Dec 2011 01:36 #656
No, it's just cross-over. Mac .recs don't like to work fully for Windows. Funny enough the one he sent me worked all the way, it just missed a gem by like 1mm. Still, he isn't willing to rerecord whatsoever.

Who is the other player you're thinking of, Sporlo?

29 Dec 2011 03:05 #657
Dec 28, 2011, 5:36pm, admin wrote:No, it's just cross-over. Mac .recs don't like to work fully for Windows. Funny enough the one he sent me worked all the way, it just missed a gem by like 1mm. Still, he isn't willing to rerecord whatsoever.

Who is the other player you're thinking of, Sporlo?

Oh... ok then

Feb 15, 2011, 8:50am, mosquashi wrote:guys I found the problem., i had downloaded a new init.cs of mbfuture. after I deleted it MBG grass works normal and i cant do sub 2.39 in jjj . You must believe me, I did not cheat with intention but it was a really stupid situation.
After this embarrassing situation I go into a MB brake (not 4 ever).
So much sorry to pascal, maten, alex.........

see u guys

• Xelna
  • Xelna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 52
29 Dec 2011 04:03 #658
My top 3 favorite:

Go for the Green: Genius path. Who would've thought the fastest time could be achieved my not going through the hole?
Space Slide: Uncomprehensible speed. I love how the marble goes straight through the planet.
Marble Playground: Awesome route. I am beginning to think that Marble Playground is the BEST pathfinding level of all time.

29 Dec 2011 06:31 #659
Dec 28, 2011, 8:03pm, ktbold12345 wrote:Space Slide: Uncomprehensible speed. I love how the marble goes straight through the planet. It didn't go through the planet, it went right by it.

Dec 28, 2011, 8:03pm, ktbold12345 wrote:Marble Playground: Awesome route. I am beginning to think that Marble Playground is the BEST pathfinding level of all time. I've noticed that since 2006, Grand Finale and Marble Playground have grown similarly in their paths, until this year. Here I've started with Pascal's first videos of these levels and continued the path #'s from there.

2006: Grand Finale 38.73 [path 1], Marble Playground 38.98 [path 1], 36.71 [path 2]
2006 [WRR1]: Grand Finale 36.78 [path 2], Marble Playground 36.17 [path 2]
2008/9: Grand Finale 35.52 [path 2 with a tweak], Marble Playground 34.83 [path 2] — these were planned for the WRR2 before they were beaten
2009 [WRR2]: Grand Finale 33.61 [path 3], Marble Playground 32.77 [path 3]
2011: [WRR3] Grand Finale 31.51 [path 4], Marble Playground 31.10 [path 4]

GF and MP started off with similar times, and they've continued downward at somewhat similar rates, ending with MP saving 0.66 second more overall. And then, MP's 5th path came along and upset the balance.

2011: [WRR3] Marble Playground 28.95 [path 5]

Will there ever be a 29 second path for GF? Given how many paths I thought were the best possible for a level that were since beaten by an even better path (MP 32.77 for starters), I won't say no too soon…

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
29 Dec 2011 17:06 #660
I meant to say by the planet. But it does kinda go straight rough the rings.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.076 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.