Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

file MBG New World Records Topic

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
18 Aug 2011 16:05 #601
Sporlo, sorry dude, but I meant the people that I could remember BACK then, its just cause you never really put your IC to good use so it skipped my mind.

But when I found the page, I just remembered that you have SnS and FitR, so I figured yours must be good, only to find that its awesomely amazing, PUT IT TO GOOD USE NOW!

Good news Matan, cause I have a lot of work before school starts again, and mainly nowadays I don't have much time to try for new WRs or improve upon the ones I have because of some social stuff in my life, and mainly soccer training, which kinda makes my schedule tight. I'll try and improve upon some, I just improved SS, and as we speak am waiting for you to accept the transfer.

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
18 Aug 2011 19:28 #602
Aug 18, 2011, 9:05am, dushine wrote:But when I found the page, I just remembered that you have SnS and FitR, so I figured yours must be good, only to find that its awesomely amazing, PUT IT TO GOOD USE NOW!

The only issue is that I'm still unable to do the best start we know of (no idea what it's official name is it's just the one where you hit the edge of the start pad). I've pulled it off before, but I cannot do it consistently and when I do do it correctly most of the time my camera is off or something else goes wrong. The only reason I got such a great time on SnS is because it requires a precise bounce on the second platform, and doing a lazy automatic fast start (you do that jump pattern: bounce, jump, bounce, jump, jump) just so happens to give you that perfect distance for the nice oil platform bounce. As for FitR, I used the standard jump halfway after Set because I can do that consistently, and camera movement is crucial in FitR.

For levels that camera movement is unnecessary, I'm able to get close, but I don't see myself breaking any record on them.

Also, considering I don't really play MB anymore, I'm not planning on doing any hours-long, multiple-day record runs. Personally I'm just not into that anymore. When I sporadically do play and visit the forums (as I am now), I try, but not very hard.

• Thank you received: 14
18 Aug 2011 23:42 #603
Aug 18, 2011, 9:05am, dushine wrote:I'll try and improve upon some, I just improved SS, and as we speak am waiting for you to accept the transfer. Which SS? (There are a bunch of them.)

Aug 18, 2011, 12:28pm, sporlo wrote:The only issue is that I'm still unable to do the best start we know of (no idea what it's official name is it's just the one where you hit the edge of the start pad).The start pad trick?

And I'm pretty much done with Marble Blast records, since I have a lot of math to do and this coming school year will be even harder than last year. I still have a number of important No Gems levels to do. Plus I'll be upgrading to Lion so no MB on my Mac which means my MB playing will be sporadic at best (the only reason I made so many videos last school year was because I got MBP on my Mac, with the .rec library and all that).

But I'm happy with the WRs I have, and I hope you'll all enjoy them when this MBG WRR2.5 comes out!

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
19 Aug 2011 00:14 #604
SS you shouldn't know :x just wait

Also, it's more like MBG WRR 3 as it's shaping out to be. And don't upgrade to Lion how will you play PQ then?

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 2
19 Aug 2011 00:31 #605
I got Lion on day 1 and MBP works fine. Are you stuck with the PPC version or something? Can't you just trade games with someone to get the universal version?
(and if you're waiting to upgrade to Lion until the bugs are fixed, keep waiting. 10.7.1 fixed almost nothing. 10.7.2 seems to be a little more substantial but we'll see...)

19 Aug 2011 01:35 #606
Aug 18, 2011, 5:14pm, admin wrote:SS you shouldn't know :x just wait Is it Space Slide, since that's the one I have (had?) a WR on?

Aug 18, 2011, 5:31pm, sporlo wrote:I got Lion on day 1 and MBP works fine. Are you stuck with the PPC version or something? Can't you just trade games with someone to get the universal version?I have the PPC version. PQ I can install on the PC.

And it's probably for the best I don't play MBP on my Mac once I upgrade, since I can then focus more on math and other schoolwork.

Aug 18, 2011, 5:31pm, sporlo wrote:(and if you're waiting to upgrade to Lion until the bugs are fixed, keep waiting. 10.7.1 fixed almost nothing. 10.7.2 seems to be a little more substantial but we'll see...)I'm waiting until 10.7.2. I'm also planning on getting a RAM upgrade before going Lion.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Aug 2011 10:46 #607
I'll just drop this here:

forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/....t_ask_how . html

Those who click may suffer from extremely severe case of jaw droppings, sudden heart attacks and may start screaming DO WANT repeatedly.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
27 Aug 2011 12:28 #608
*jaw drops*

OMG something like this should not appear on Earth. We've already got a 2nd rampage and now you can still improve it by half......no words.

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
27 Aug 2011 12:34 #609
*suffers from several heart attacks at once*

So the second rampage could of been improved by half? What the..? DO WANT!

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• Thank you received: 15
27 Aug 2011 15:16 #610
DO WANT

• Thank you received: 0
27 Aug 2011 15:32 #611
DO WANT

27 Aug 2011 17:14 #612
DO WANT! (What are we talking about? )

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
27 Aug 2011 19:22 #613
Trust me guys, I hate to spoil it but its probably the most WTF and amazing video of MB ever, from what I managed to gather, its amazing how so many levels that looked maxed have new paths/tweaks, and how incredibly awesome they are, the runs are another thing...

Some levels even got over 1 new path! Imac, I was talking to Matan, so he knew the SS I meant, and don't worry, if I beat your Space Slide I would beat you...I think

I think the update is so awesome that RD forgot what we were talking about LOL

Oh had to edit cause I almost forgot, Sporlo, there are tons of videos about the SPT, just download em and play them in VLC and slow them down, or just watch them in another player on and on, no way you can pull SnS 4.76s SICK WR, and fail at a start pad trick, trust me, its a lot easier when you get it, which shouldn't take long, your IC is freaking epic, we gotta test its max endings man!

Legit Marbler

27 Aug 2011 20:13 #614
Wow...

And I thought Xelna quit?!

27 Aug 2011 22:14 #615
I'll add in my helping of DO WANT!

Aug 27, 2011, 12:22pm, dushine wrote:Imac, I was talking to Matan, so he knew the SS I meant, and don't worry, if I beat your Space Slide I would beat you...I think Isn't that a tautology?

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
28 Aug 2011 10:04 #616
Wow whoops, my gosh I fail...

I MEANT to say that IF I BEAT YOUR SPACE SLIDE I WOULD TELL/LET YOU KNOW!

And Don, yes Pascal quit, its just in the days leading to his quitting, he was mainly working on MBG, as if you ask me, its the only thing that would be the last thing needing attention, its earned and is worth it. So probably even a short while after quitting he just finished MBG off, and you are getting the notice late I suppose.

Legit Marbler

28 Aug 2011 23:59 #617
Aug 28, 2011, 3:04am, dushine wrote:Wow whoops, my gosh I fail...

I MEANT to say that IF I BEAT YOUR SPACE SLIDE I WOULD TELL/LET YOU KNOW!Oh okay, sorry, no need to use the all caps…

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
30 Aug 2011 00:39 #618
*Goes hyper*

I assume Pascal's audio commentary will be in English?

30 Aug 2011 01:31 #619
No, the two audio commentary tracks will be in Hebrew and French.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
30 Aug 2011 04:06 #620
Aug 29, 2011, 6:31pm, riblet15 wrote:No, the two audio commentary tracks will be in Hebrew and French.

Awwww........will there be subtitles?

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
30 Aug 2011 04:21 #621
Wrong, we have pascal doing Hebrew and myself doing French.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
31 Aug 2011 01:53 #622
STOP .REC - CING. Final level has been achieved, gg no re now to record all videos.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
02 Sep 2011 09:48 #623
A few awards we want to hand out while I'm getting the frame numbers and encoding...

Best TT catch: Darwin's Dilemma
Special mention: Survival of the Fittest

Longest to record: Pipe Dreams
Special mention: Tornado Alley

The I Don't want to record this ever again: Tightrope
Special mention: Time Trial

Best Pathway: Marble Playground
Special mention: Free Fall

Best edge hit: Siege. No, make it Pipe Drea-- Path of Least Resi-- Icarus-- too many arrrghhh!
Special mention: Trapdoors

Shortest to record: Battlements (2 minutes! honest!)
Special mention: Gauntlet

Most WTF moment: King of the Mountain
Special mention: Fork in the Road

Least expected traplaunch: To the Moon
Special mention: Great Divide Revisited

Most fluky/lucky: Skyscraper
Special mention: Gyrocopter

Most random: Hoops
Special mention: Learn the Super Speed

Most leet final time: Airwalk
Special mention: Free Fall

You'll never beat this run: Pipe Dreams, Tango and Ramps Reloaded
Special mention: Time Trial

Your jaw is bound to drop from amazement: Will o' Wisp
Special mention: Trapdoors

Hardest traplaunch: Platform Party
Special mention: Points of the Compass

The keyboard/mouse button that is most likely to break first because of pressing it so much: Pinball Wizard and Eye of the Storm (WHY ISN'T MY FORWARD KEY WORKING ANYMORE)
Special mention: Alt + F4 (press them toget---)

Total number of levels improved in this update: 52
Special mention: Scaffold

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
02 Sep 2011 14:06 #624
@Imac- Lol I know, I was not angry, I just wanted to be a drama quee-er, king*

Lmfao nice stuff all around haha!

I'm really dying to see the WoW, Siege and Tightrope, oh and DD, and there is an EH on Siege? Wtf man...Gratz on over half (just) of the game improved, surely a momentous and inexplicable achievement, I hope everyone is looking forward to it as much as me!

*Mon dieu! If its French I would be ok I guess, but no English? I would love it if that REALLY happened, people would freak lmfao! (nothing to say about Hebrew ) *

Legit Marbler

02 Sep 2011 18:23 #625
Sept 2, 2011, 2:48am, admin wrote:Special mention: GauntletGauntlet was improved again??!! Wow!

And if I had just beaten my time on Skyscraper it would be on at least one more category but oh well...

Sept 2, 2011, 2:48am, admin wrote:Special mention: TrapdoorsLet me guess: Edge hit on trapdoor area?

I'm very impressed and even more surprised. I can't wait.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
02 Sep 2011 23:41 #626
It's probably a good idea to tell you that the 'Special Mention' are jokes and are exact opposite of what the actual award is about.

03 Sep 2011 05:36 #627
Yeah, I thought some of the special mentions seemed... off.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
04 Sep 2011 00:33 #628
Ikr? And Matan, its cause that stuff had confused me a bit at first, but then you know I went wtf plenty of times at Gauntlet, even not telling you, from what I hear its a perfect launch, exceedingly close to hitting the platform the finish line is on, really looking forward to see that

And Trapdoors? I thought of that tweak a long time ago, like 2 years I think, when I was trying to find a way that I could make that suckier IC on my desktop better, so I tried that, but I concluded that going slightly on the sides was slower, or I had not looked into it enough, and I pretty much forgot about it, rarely thinking of it when I tried the level.

-Scratch that- I thought for a second it was Matan posting that lmfao I fail, But well my point remains, just makes me doubt more the Trapdoors tweak...Also makes more sense who would talk about Gauntlet, more Imac than Matan.

Legit Marbler

04 Sep 2011 01:32 #629
Sept 3, 2011, 5:33pm, dushine wrote:Ikr? And Matan, its cause that stuff had confused me a bit at first, but then you know I went wtf plenty of times at Gauntlet, even not telling you, from what I hear its a perfect launch, exceedingly close to hitting the platform the finish line is on, really looking forward to see that So Gauntlet was improved from my 8.96? Definitely looking forward to seeing that…

Sept 3, 2011, 5:33pm, dushine wrote:And Trapdoors? I thought of that tweak a long time ago, like 2 years I think, when I was trying to find a way that I could make that suckier IC on my desktop better, so I tried that, but I concluded that going slightly on the sides was slower, or I had not looked into it enough, and I pretty much forgot about it, rarely thinking of it when I tried the level.On a related note, I tried edge hitting on Super Bounce (with the big marble 3) and concluded that the edge hit was almost certainly slower than doing it the normal way.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
16 Sep 2011 03:30 #630
We are still looking for verifiers!

forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/....ember_12th.html

If you're a really good player in MBG (have all gold times, can execute some shortcuts and confidently able to determine whether something this run was cheated or not [we have .rec on every level, that already gets the cheat out ]), SIGN UP AND VERIFY.

In reality, there isn't a release on YouTube or anything until SDA verification hits as ACCEPTED (meaning verified to have no cheating). The speedrun has 2 audio commentaries as well (use VLC player !!), so if you want to help out, VERIFY.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.188 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.