Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file MBP Suggestions aka THE ESSAY TOPIC

• Mkbul
  • Mkbul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
02 Mar 2009 22:46 #1
Ok, so ive seen many topics releated to some suggestions about MBP, so i thought Who not to make ONE thread and every member put his own suggestions here?.

So i decided to make that thread .

This thread has been made for you to say your suggestions without needing to post a whole topic for it. If again staff doesnt like my idea, feel free to delete this topic.

My ones:

- Fixing Swivel's scenery from Blue to brown (MBU_PATTERN_COOL2) and texturing
- Fixing Rolling To Eternity's Scenery
- Changing a bit Morph so it can be pretty easier
- Re-creating Windows Peak
- Adding the ability to change the shape of the triggers sounds good !

- This suggestion is just an idea. I thought if we have in each difficulity (Intermediate etc) a button which says Extras and in it we shall put some extra levels in this difficulity! This levels can be staff-build or even custom! What do you think?

NOTE: Staff can ALWAYS accept or reject any suggestions that anyone make

Thanks, Mkbul`'~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
03 Mar 2009 00:37 #2
What's wrong with Rolling to Eternity's scenery? That's how I intended it to be.
And unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to be able to change the shape of a trigger - I'm pretty sure that's a Torque limitation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
03 Mar 2009 00:45 #3
Quote:- Fixing Swivel's scenery from Blue to brown (MBU_PATTERN_COOL2) and texturing
*points and laughs so hard he ends up lhfao and rofl*

Quote:- Fixing Rolling To Eternity's Scenery
Whatever you see in Phil's levels are meant to be like that. If anything, Bumpy Highway needs to be fixed but he doesn't have MAP file anymore.

Quote:- Changing a bit Morph so it can be pretty easier
That was done. Playground will no longer have platform going down and the blue section was fixed. If you're asking about gravity, you need to stop sucking. Bit diagonal, jump once, hit the wall (don't press jump!) and guess what, you're up to the next section. Need a video that bad?

Quote:- Re-creating Windows Peak
I'm pretty sure Microsoft will sue us.

Quote:- Adding the ability to change the shape of the triggers sounds good !
I heard it's impossible but Pablo says some triggers can be modified?

Quote:- This suggestion is just an idea. I thought if we have in each difficulity (Intermediate etc) a button which says Extras and in it we shall put some extra levels in this difficulity! This levels can be staff-build or even custom! What do you think?
I think it's more of a torque limitation due to old engine, but it's possible. I just have to figure out one single problem and that's pretty much possible. Funny how I thought of this a few days ago [riblet would know].

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
03 Mar 2009 00:57 #4
Mar 2, 2009, 2:46pm, mkbul wrote:- Fixing Swivel's scenery from Blue to brown (MBU_PATTERN_COOL2) and texturing

That's a terrible idea in my opinion. The blue scenery is terrific in that level. Furthermore, I really have to admire Matan for going against normality and making some scenery that's actually memorable. RtE is fine as well.

Excalibur, for some reason, won't run on the LB's for me. Could someone look into that? It's the usual tampered .mis file error that some people complained about in 1.11.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
03 Mar 2009 01:08 #5
did you re-download the level? it works fine

Edit: and did you see my response to swivel? it's way better than your reply

• Thank you received: 18
03 Mar 2009 01:50 #6
Just clarifying this for Mkbul: the map for Swivel is gone, so no changes are possible, except if I replicate it. Which might be happening for 1.14.

It is possible to change the shape of the triggers if you make them in QuArK, as long as they remain rectilinear prototypes (rectangles, cubes, or trapezoidal prisms). Then you have to do an interior test. If anyone has the remade version of LFAS:IS, you'll see the triggers surrounding the spikes are reshaped.

• Thank you received: 10
03 Mar 2009 06:35 #7
Get mac 1.13 released, and maybe work on getting leaderboards for mac, before other suggestions]<-My suggestion

Morph: Gravity part=easy, and can be done w/out those 2 kind of hard wall hits9 near the bottom

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
03 Mar 2009 06:54 #8
Mar 2, 2009, 10:35pm, helpme wrote:Get mac 1.13 released, and maybe work on getting leaderboards for mac, before other suggestions]<-My suggestion

LB's for Mac has been proven impossible/highly unlikely. I don't think staff is going to pursue it any further.

• Thank you received: 2
03 Mar 2009 12:34 #9
Thanks for the suggestions!
I won't butt into levels suggestions but I can help you with the last two.

Mar 2, 2009, 2:46pm, mkbul wrote:- Adding the ability to change the shape of the triggers sounds good !

Yeah, I wanted to do that too, but this can't be done due to the way the levels and the engine work.

I don't make levels so I don't know about this, but can a no collision mesh DTS with a dummy (invisible) texture be used as a trigger?

Mar 2, 2009, 2:46pm, mkbul wrote:
- This suggestion is just an idea. I thought if we have in each difficulity (Intermediate etc) a button which says Extras and in it we shall put some extra levels in this difficulity! This levels can be staff-build or even custom! What do you think?[/b]

Something like a custom category for each difficulty?
Well it's possible but...don't we have custom folders already?

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
03 Mar 2009 12:51 #10
Swivel, if Pablo replicates it, could do with smoother slopes. The scenery is perfect, and Mkbul is now banned from the forums, from leaving Greece, and from having fingers. (not seriously)

• Mkbul
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
03 Mar 2009 16:12 #11
This thread is just for posting suggs that members want, not commenting about others make

Mar 3, 2009, 4:51am, technostick wrote:and Mkbul is now banned from the forums, from leaving Greece, and from having fingers. (not seriously)

Hirilaous!

03 Mar 2009 18:25 #12
i have been suggesting ideas to spy 47 since i got his MSN some have already been put in so i feel that there is a good team working on them

however more recently i have said my ideas and he has been busy and this thread has provided me with a perfect oportunity to post my ideas so i can hear what others say about my ideas

anyway

here they are

1)An override button - i've discussed with spy and this is possible what i want is basically a button which provides options to turn off / on features and the features i would like to see are:
-Gems
-Powerups
-Jumping
-Camera Movement
-(post any ideas you'd like to see if you want more than i've said)

there will hopefully be seperate highscores for these and i realise that they might not all be possible but having the feature on all levels seems more practical

this is the first of many, i will modify the post with others depending on how reactions are to my first ... i don't want to right loads and then get no reaction

like i said, i'll modify my post

2nd Idea: Loading screen

i originally had a thought to change the loading screen on the LB's so that you could talk while loading, you can miss whole chunks and then sit there oblivious while the other person awaits for a reply. However this .i have been told, is impossible. SO! i had another thought about this screen, can we get the author listed with CL aswell as the level title, i feel that it would be useful because when i play custom levels using the search bar i don't know who made them.

3rd Idea: Internet Options

can we get a button within the settings button which allows me to change the proxy settings, i need to connect from school which means i need to change it to HTTPS and add the proxy + port, this is just for me really but there are other people at my school and it would increase the members.

More to follow!

03 Mar 2009 19:58 #13
The override button is a great idea for jumping and camera movement. Gems and powerups should not be affected, IMO, because that would require modifying the mis files.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
03 Mar 2009 20:26 #14
Agreed with Pablo.

Also whenever there is time perhaps a replicator could revisit my thread of complaints in the Staff board. When I checked last, there were things still not fixed.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
03 Mar 2009 22:25 #15
Matan's probably getting a little angry about this. He doesn't like people suggesting features for MBP.

04 Mar 2009 01:36 #16
@Pablo

this was the main reason i spoke to spy
i feared it might require a complete overall however i think he said it would just make them not function. so for example they would still be there but you would just roll through them as if they weren't

@PF

if he is he is taking out his anger on me by not creating my blog
kidding... im sure he is fine and if he isn't im very sorry because i like to feel it is a project that can be improved with the help of a loving community

@Matan

sorry if you don't like it

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
04 Mar 2009 05:15 #17
Suggestion: An option to turn on/off a check that you have all interiors for the level being loaded (normally I would suggest just having it permanently on, but that would slow down loading for levels that you know you have the interiors for). This seems useful to me because just playing old (and even some newer) levels, I have found that I have been missing some interiors, and it would be better to simply have it tell me right away.

04 Mar 2009 08:06 #18
Suggestion: A separate prefs.cs not for the leaderboards so that we can make custom frictions.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
04 Mar 2009 08:39 #19
Thoran passes it through Spy47 so I never get to hear those ideas and I don't know which of those even happen in the patch. I assume Spy47 only uses whatever I have in the patch notes.

Thoran: That's because I often forget slash lazy. You need to find me on MSN and tell it to me without hesitation and assuming I'm not lazy I'll do it.

PF: You ask too much, and sometimes it goes into something that I don't even need Spy47 to tell it's impossible (and even if he says so, you still press on it), which is why we just tell you to do it yourself... because we know. Sometimes its useless or takes too long, so we give the same response.

All suggestions are added to a list (without questioning) and are reviewed during patch making.

Oaky: as a walkaround until this may occur (if it will occur), you need to give me the coding on a text file and it gets added automatically to MBP. I'm surprised you never tried to ask me for a manual adding, because I've been accepting those for months now.

04 Mar 2009 12:48 #20
Lol I mentioned it in my Level Ideas thread and you said it wasn't possible

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
04 Mar 2009 15:08 #21
PF: Great idea. I'll ignore Matan's response. If the game can load and display in-game the bit of .mis that follows artist = then I do not see why it can't load and display the bit that follows new interiorinstance. I would be fine with an implementation of the idea that requires me to look in the interiors folder given a list of what I should search. Such a feature would save me looking through the .mis which is what takes time.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
05 Mar 2009 00:16 #22
Ok, matan, we get it. You just don't like good ideas

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
05 Mar 2009 00:24 #23
You can't read, PF?
Quote:All suggestions are added to a list (without questioning) and are reviewed during patch making.Meaning yours was added and will be reviewed later on when the patch is actually being made. I didn't say it was impossible this time now did I

• Mkbul
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
05 Mar 2009 11:43 #24
I belive that thoran's idea is good, i'd like also to put in this override button to disable time alarm, sometimes it can be annoying imo

11 Mar 2009 23:40 #25
May I just pop in and suggest a timer that would countdown to a preset time, set by the player, and quit the game, for those people who find themselves playing 50 last rounds, or find themselves still playing at 2 in the morning. A warning when you have two or three minutes left to play would be nice as well.

12 Mar 2009 00:10 #26
A few suggestions: (spy47 you might not wanna listen cause this would be trouble for you )

1. A skybox changer. Don't you think you get tired of seeing the same skies over and over again? Possibly you could select the mode, and then select the skybox you want to go with it.

2. A better GUIed level editor. In otherwords, try making a level editor with buttons and a walkthrough This is probably near impossible but it would enable people that have no clue what they are doing to know more of what they are doing.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
12 Mar 2009 00:16 #27
@ Brixar: Great counter-productive idea. Maybe I need not have failed all my exams.

@ sim978: 1) I support. 2) A good guide would do as well.

12 Mar 2009 08:21 #28
Hey Brixar! Pop in more often!

Even though your idea is spastic It's called self regulation

• Thank you received: 14
02 Apr 2009 23:16 #29
Mar 3, 2009, 10:25am, thoran wrote:1)An override button - i've discussed with spy and this is possible what i want is basically a button which provides options to turn off / on features and the features i would like to see are:
-Gems
-Powerups
-Jumping
-Camera Movement
-(post any ideas you'd like to see if you want more than i've said)

there will hopefully be seperate highscores for these and i realise that they might not all be possible but having the feature on all levels seems more practical
Strongly agreed, especially with the separate high scores bit.

I would also like:
- Separate high scores for each marble size, plus a few more sizes (something in between regular and small marble 1 and something larger than big marble 3 ). Also a display of how large/small the marble is compared to the default marble (like 1.5x).
- Option for default gravity to match Helicopter
- Option for default recoil to match Anti-Recoil or Marble Recoil
- Option to multiply all friction values by some number, like 2 or 1/2?
- Unmodded version where diagonal has the same speed as forward
- 5 top times instead of 3
- This graph ( upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/04/GrapherToroid.jpg ) as a level.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

02 Apr 2009 23:29 #30
Sorry, MBP doesn't support parametric levels.. though that does look really cool, and could be made in Blender (however, even a super-computer would have a lot of trouble with its accompanying collosion mesh).

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.286 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.