Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file MBP Suggestions aka THE ESSAY TOPIC

• Thank you received: 7
26 May 2011 05:39 #391
Is it possible to make a code so that the marble can interact with other certain objects. Like a box of some sort, so the marble would be able to push it around by hitting it (similar to a button but not exactly). If the engine doesn't support that or it's too complicated, is it possible for the marble to grab something and make it follow it around till a certain point. Just curious for future reference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
26 May 2011 05:54 #392
That involves a much more complex physics engine, which we don't have. Sonic was working on one at some point, though.

• Thank you received: 18
26 May 2011 13:24 #393
That idea was brought up for MBA as the crate system, but wasn't developed due to engine limitations and lack of coders.

• Thank you received: 1
27 May 2011 23:16 #394
(Lamp47's opinion) Well if I had 3 years of my life to waste then yes, it would be possible but not now.

• UN1C0DE
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Happy Roll
  • Thank you received: 5
26 Aug 2011 16:40 #395
I know that PQ is under the construction, and I have seen the preview video. PQ gives me a brand-new felling, such as simple and cubic textures, mysterious skyboxes, etc..

PQ is perfect in my mind, but I really have some suggestions.

- Why not making the skyboxes dynamic, or add some dynamic elements into skyboxes?
- How about creating a non-gravity zone?
- About marbles (ball), I think it great if the marble can be more cubic (or called rugged)?

That was I thought.

Or why not telling me what features does PQ have.

Member of Roll Game Team
Programmer / Level Modeller / Background Music Designer
MarbleBlast::HappyRoll YEAH!!!!!!!!

• Thank you received: 18
26 Aug 2011 17:56 #396
1. Maybe. MBF is where you find really good precipitation and stuff.
2. Many people have thought of that before.
3. PQ will have lots of different marbles. However, cubes don't roll very well.

Thanks for your ideas. The only way you can find out PQ's features before release is to become really good in a certain field (coding, graphics, modeling, or level making) so we hire you.

• Thank you received: 14
26 Aug 2011 18:26 #397
Aug 26, 2011, 9:40am, jimmyax wrote:- How about creating a non-gravity zone?
Aug 26, 2011, 10:56am, pablovasquez wrote:2. Many people have thought of that before.There was this one custom level that was supposed to be a run through different types of areas (helium was one of them I think). The help triggers told the player to change the gravity to a certain value for each area.

Since you could only change gravity through the level editor, it really didn't work for anything other than exploring the level, but with (x)-gravity zones it would work better…

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
26 Aug 2011 23:14 #398
I remember that level (well, probably because I played it like a month ago when testing all the CLA levels, lol), it's by Whirligig. The concept didn't really prove very fun or cool.

• UN1C0DE
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Happy Roll
  • Thank you received: 5
27 Aug 2011 13:41 #399
Aug 26, 2011, 10:56am, pablovasquez wrote:
3. PQ will have lots of different marbles. However, cubes don't roll very well.

It's hard to describe how I think about it. >.<

I meant that the ball can be more beautiful and 3-dimensional if it has reflection, tiny bump, etc..

Oh, you may misunderstand it yet.

Member of Roll Game Team
Programmer / Level Modeller / Background Music Designer
MarbleBlast::HappyRoll YEAH!!!!!!!!

• Seizure22
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
27 Aug 2011 20:13 #400
any 3d bumps will not work well with the marble physics, the way the game has it coded

simple environment (skybox) reflection is possible, though, but any advanced shader effects, like bumpmapping or refraction (see MBU), would be impossible without an updated game engine

many features will be improved upon, so keep your eyes open for those new features

• Marblemaster1
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Custom Code Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 8
28 Aug 2011 18:23 #401
Aug 26, 2011, 9:40am, jimmyax wrote:- How about creating a non-gravity zone?

I made this for you ben:
Code:datablock TriggerData(zeroGravityTrigger)
{
    tickPeriodMS = 100;
};

function zeroGravityTrigger::onEnterTrigger(%this,%trigger,%obj)
{
    defaultmarble.gravity=0;
}

function zeroGravityTrigger::onLeaveTrigger(%this,%trigger,%obj)
{
    defaultmarble.gravity=20;
}

QuArK is still a good map editor

You know what's boring? Opaque marble skins. You know what's not? Glass Marbles!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.056 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.