Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file MBP Suggestions aka THE ESSAY TOPIC

• Thank you received: 15
29 Oct 2010 22:11 #331
Oct 29, 2010, 2:12pm, pokko wrote:how about a button what turns music and sound effects on/off

It's called the Options menu...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
29 Oct 2010 22:29 #332
He was talking about a Fx button i think.

• Thank you received: 2
29 Oct 2010 23:35 #333
Oct 28, 2010, 10:04pm, sporlo wrote:Does the entity GarageGames Studios still exist as an operating organization? or has it been dissolved and/or acquired by someone else?
Was it all just absorbed into InstantAction?

I only asked this because I was curious and wanted to use it to preface my real question:

Is it remotely possible that you guys could get MBP(Q) published offically by whoever owns MBG? I imagine that this probably has crossed your minds before, and I'll guess that you've determined an answer long ago, but I can't remember any public discussions of this.

30 Oct 2010 01:57 #334
Oct 29, 2010, 12:42pm, vattu wrote:It would be cool to have a slow motion powerup when u activate it everything goes slow (time, your marble, moving platforms etc) It could be used to perform super hard tweaks or a fast motion powerup which boost yourmarbles moving speed or a low gravity powerup?

I think it'd be more practical if your marble moved at normal speed while everything else went slow.

30 Oct 2010 12:37 #335
Oct 29, 2010, 6:57pm, oakster wrote:
Oct 29, 2010, 12:42pm, vattu wrote:It would be cool to have a slow motion powerup when u activate it everything goes slow (time, your marble, moving platforms etc) It could be used to perform super hard tweaks or a fast motion powerup which boost yourmarbles moving speed or a low gravity powerup?

I think it'd be more practical if your marble moved at normal speed while everything else went slow.

I wanted everything to go slow including the marble to succeed in super hard tweaks what are normally nearly impossible like an epic edge hit combo

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
30 Oct 2010 16:28 #336
Oct 30, 2010, 3:33am, pokko wrote:
Quote:It's called the Options menu...

Do u really think I'm going to go to options menu while playing on leaderboards at same time when i get Skype call or I'm watching YouTube video.
Would be easier to press on/off button

Agreed w/ Pokko. Would be much easier.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
30 Oct 2010 18:35 #337
That could work, just a mute button in the bottom corner.

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
31 Oct 2010 18:25 #338
F7?

The weirdest signature that I ever requested

31 Oct 2010 19:00 #339
Oct 31, 2010, 11:25am, satanic wrote:F7?
Yeah A key would be much nicer than a button. If a button is the only choice, I would prefer it be only in the level select menu. I'd rather not add unnecessary GUI elements to the gameplay screen.

• Thank you received: 7
19 Nov 2010 18:15 #340
If there was a special time modifier that instead of stopping time it would turn the time back.

• Thank you received: 18
19 Nov 2010 21:10 #341
Good idea. That would make it more obvious how much time it gave you.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
20 Nov 2010 02:28 #342
Nov 19, 2010, 1:10pm, pablovasquez wrote:Good idea. That would make it more obvious how much time it gave you.

Yeah, I'm too lazy to look a little bit down to see the text which says how much time it gave me.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

20 Nov 2010 02:37 #343
I mean when the time will run out / the clock will get back to where it was.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
20 Nov 2010 03:34 #344
Didn't we already have such suggestion in different format?

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

20 Nov 2010 09:28 #345
I think it was a 'TM remaining' bar, much better IMO.

20 Nov 2010 20:56 #346
Agreed with Oaky.
Yes we could have the time subtracted, but then we'd start getting into negative times and you could go from 20 seconds back down to 0.45 or something. I think we should keep the time-stopping mechanism only because it preserves the concept that you're racing against the clock.

Also, it would be neat if we could have different colors for the two restitution powerups. Is this possible? Just replace the image reference in the Anti-Recoil Powerup or something with a new file.

New Blue

Old Purple

The color isn't much different, but if someone has better editing power they could make it more distinct. Or maybe change the purple to red and then have a red and blue skin for larger contrast.

• Thank you received: 25
20 Nov 2010 22:55 #347
I think new powerup models across the board are needed by now.

• Thank you received: 67
27 Nov 2010 09:22 #348
Nov 20, 2010, 12:56pm, sporlo wrote:Agreed with Oaky.
Yes we could have the time subtracted, but then we'd start getting into negative times and you could go from 20 seconds back down to 0.45 or something. I think we should keep the time-stopping mechanism only because it preserves the concept that you're racing against the clock.

Also, it would be neat if we could have different colors for the two restitution powerups. Is this possible? Just replace the image reference in the Anti-Recoil Powerup or something with a new file.

New Blue

Old Purple

The color isn't much different, but if someone has better editing power they could make it more distinct. Or maybe change the purple to red and then have a red and blue skin for larger contrast.
I might be able to do something like this, if PQ staff would let me.

27 Nov 2010 15:55 #349
Thanks, but we have graphics staff already.

29 Nov 2010 07:51 #350
I got an idea! When playing a level online, somewhere on the screen it would show how much rating the level has, and each millisecond, the rating will drop by a certain amount.

• Thank you received: 67
11 Dec 2010 05:03 #351
^
This doesn't seem good... Well none of my ideas do either!

• Thank you received: 14
11 Dec 2010 06:41 #352
Nov 28, 2010, 11:51pm, oveglfhzl wrote:I got an idea! When playing a level online, somewhere on the screen it would show how much rating the level has, and each millisecond, the rating will drop by a certain amount.I like this idea. Could be annoying if it's on all the time, so maybe a toggle function or settings checkbox would do.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
11 Dec 2010 08:38 #353
I would get annoyed by that and just turn it off. If you look at the high scores you'll get a good idea of how many points a good run is worth.

Maybe each level's description could include how many points a PT run is worth as well as UT run?

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

11 Dec 2010 22:30 #354
I kind of like the mystique about not knowing exactly how many points you could get. It's like the clock in soccer.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
26 Jan 2011 14:50 #355
Yea i know this thing was said before but aniway.
Found this thing when i searched for slow motion.
forums.create.msdn.com/forums/t/15821.aspx
Yea i know its not about TGEA but still maybe it can work (90% shure not)

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Marblemaster1
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Custom Code Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 8
20 Feb 2011 05:53 #356
BUMP!

Suggestion:

a points system:

Each level has a time limit that you need to beat to get points; for a beginner level it could be a few seconds; for an expert level it could be 10 minutes.

Each level gets you 1 point the first time you get under the time minimum; After that, you need to get a PT or UT. If you have beaten the PT, the UT, and the time minimum, you cannot get any more points.
With Morph, you get 10 points no matter what your time. (jk)

Platinum Time: 1 point (first time only)
Ultimate time: 2 points (first time only)

Points could be spent in a new option in the main menu called shop: You could use them to buy marble skins, menu textures, even extra levels that would be playable in an extras tab/button in the play mission GUI.

QuArK is still a good map editor

You know what's boring? Opaque marble skins. You know what's not? Glass Marbles!

20 Feb 2011 15:22 #357
Interesting idea, Marblemaster1, but I think it's more suited for a whole new mod. It's an idea an entire mod could get worked around.

Pokko: Have you beaten all the ones we have yet?

• Thank you received: 25
20 Feb 2011 17:04 #358
Prob. way to hard to make, but Computer Players?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
20 Feb 2011 17:17 #359
Probably won't happen, Pokko, sorry

Marblemaster1: a shop is not really applicable.
-> marble skins can be copied to any other game and used. for your own mod, however, if they want to use it and you don't provide a custom marbles option (like MBP does), it can work
-> menu tex: same reasoning, except you gotta modify your GUI to be more unique for that
-> new levels: just put them into custom levels and that's it.

Idea is good (its been suggested since MBA), but it doesn't work. Had our engine was supportive of password-protected ZIP files, THEN you could, but it isn't so nope.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
20 Feb 2011 18:47 #360
... or you could embed them in code and use a FileObject to write them out...
Also, you could check the mission CRC for it being the same mission, same for the marble skins.

Plus, cheating would defeat the fun of the shop, just as it does the whole game.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.236 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.