Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file MBP Suggestions aka THE ESSAY TOPIC

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
21 Feb 2011 01:49 #361
The problem is that you can copy them to a different game, again. And HiGuy, CRC is easily bypassed because changing the .mis name or contents will change CRC. Same for the marble skins (which, as I said, can be used in any other mod, not just yours.)

Yes, cheating would defeat the fun and I guess 50-90% of people won't do it, but this community has a tendancy for loving marble skins enough to copy them to other mods. The missions? depends how lazy they are. Sharing (or changing) appropriate files can also lead to unlocking the entire shop, such as writing out the values in prefs.cs. You have many many problems posed in front of you.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
21 Feb 2011 03:37 #362
Is there a way to possibly encript part of a .cs file? That way Matan, nobody can change the pref.cs file.

Note: I am not talking about Nobody

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 0
21 Feb 2011 08:07 #363
I got a new idea.. a Sandbox level for online play. And while playing in the level you can see other players in the level too.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
21 Feb 2011 13:10 #364
Jeff, you're still forgetting I can just share prefs.cs.dso with other people.
If they want to cheat, their problem, but I doubt everyone will cheat out anyway and they will ruin the fun to themselves. So while a shop is a good idea, I'm just warning you that if your levels are hard or requirements are too darn hard, I'm more likely to ask someone's prefs file so I can use it to play the other stuff.
I can also easily ask Picklecow too to break apart your encryption .
There's more to it as to why encryption isn't worth it but I don't think it's necessary to be discussed either way.

OveglFhzl - We don't have multiplayer for a reason... if you search the past you'll see attempts were made but too many problems were found for it to be applicable.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

21 Feb 2011 13:30 #365
These days in the gaming industry people are only making online-games, because that's the only thing that keeps you on playing a game- with multiplayer!!! Without it the game would be so boring and only a few hundred to thousand people would play it.

21 Feb 2011 15:34 #366
OveglFhzl, we have a game with a 2002 engine.
Wouldn't it, though, be possible to track the positions of people's marbles, and display them on others screens while playing the same level? On the leader boards I mean. It's not truly multiplayer, but it captures the sense.

• Thank you received: 18
21 Feb 2011 16:31 #367
Feb 21, 2011, 7:34am, mbgdemon wrote:OveglFhzl, we have a game with a 2002 engine.
Wouldn't it, though, be possible to track the positions of people's marbles, and display them on others screens while playing the same level? On the leader boards I mean. It's not truly multiplayer, but it captures the sense.

In our past multiplayer attempts, Stal, we succeeded in displaying other marbles' positions; it was collision that we failed at.

OveglFhzl: 40k-50k people have downloaded MBP without multiplayer.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
21 Feb 2011 16:39 #368
There are problems on displaying, mainly on lag. There are additional problems though...

• Marblemaster1
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Custom Code Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 8
21 Feb 2011 18:04 #369
@Pablo: Good idea. I'll try to revive MBSapphire and add a new script with a shop.

QuArK is still a good map editor

You know what's boring? Opaque marble skins. You know what's not? Glass Marbles!

21 Feb 2011 22:14 #370
It would be more leaderboards-style, just to see what the other is doing. Collision doesn't matter. You could even have races that way.

• Thank you received: 25
25 Feb 2011 03:26 #371
I think that the display thing is good enough.

• dobrakmato
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
25 Feb 2011 23:20 #372
I think MBP need Play random level button.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
27 Feb 2011 00:49 #373
@DM: Just wiggle the search scrollbar and click randomly.
MBE has a random level button.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
27 Feb 2011 15:13 #374
Feb 21, 2011, 8:31am, pablovasquez wrote:
In our past multiplayer attempts, Stal, we succeeded in displaying other marbles' positions; it was collision that we failed at.

But why you need collission. It would be enough to play Multiplayer without collission like MC does. And in Multiplayer showcase vids the game actual worked fine. It had only little lag that isnt actual problem.

But in other hand RM is gone. I also havent seen spy47 for a long time. Only advanced coder that is left is seizure witch works on MBP.
And i guess all Multiplayer files are deleted too so this proyect is dead forever. (And i forget to mention one of the reasons why proyect stoped was that RM was gone(you can wisit his last blog for more info).

So this proyect is dead forever folks. Unfortunetly.
Our only hope is ''proyect acent'' (Witch is still unstable).

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Feb 2011 15:34 #375
RDs.Empire & Stal:
RM never did anything, he doesn't know how to code anything. I've done more coding than him in MBP (most prominently the Ultimate Time). There is a lot of networking stuff, the engine is old and incomplete, there are a load more bugs than just 'collision' that are heavy and near-impossible to solve. A lot of hacky things. You still need to build a lot and it could take an extremely long time to do. Oh, and the master server, don't get me started on that little fella.

Multiplayer files deleted? Yeah.... remember how I posted videos of myself with spy47/jase? Jase/Spy47 may be gone, but yours truly is still around...

27 Feb 2011 19:24 #376
I found this game maker called 3D Rad, and it supports MP AND someone made a great Marble game with it:

I'm gonna download it (Its Free) and I'm gonna see what its like. The only prob is that it is mainly a car game maker. But i'll see how it works.

EDIT: This is takin a long time...

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
27 Feb 2011 23:32 #377
Feb 27, 2011, 11:24am, rollcage wrote:I found this game maker called 3D Rad, and it supports MP AND someone made a great Marble game with it:

I'm gonna download it (Its Free) and I'm gonna see what its like. The only prob is that it is mainly a car game maker. But i'll see how it works.

In that vid that game looks realy borring.
Reasons:
No powerups whatsoever (Exepting SS)
You cant yump.
Too many gems.
It totaly reminds me hamsterball gold.

But if you are realy bored you can play it.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom

28 Feb 2011 23:36 #378
@RD yea, just saying i'm gonna try and make a game similar, but It will enable jumping, powerups, and maybe even a blast meter. Most importantly, It will have MP.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
01 Mar 2011 01:59 #379
Feb 27, 2011, 7:13am, rdsempire wrote:
Feb 21, 2011, 8:31am, pablovasquez wrote:

But why you need collission. It would be enough to play Multiplayer without collission like MC does. And in Multiplayer showcase vids the game actual worked fine. It had only little lag that isnt actual problem.

But in other hand RM is gone. I also havent seen spy47 for a long time. Only advanced coder that is left is seizure witch works on MBP.
And i guess all Multiplayer files are deleted too so this proyect is dead forever. (And i forget to mention one of the reasons why proyect stoped was that RM was gone(you can wisit his last blog for more info).

So this proyect is dead forever folks. Unfortunetly.
Our only hope is ''proyect acent'' (Witch is still unstable).

I am sure that HiGuy could code in multiplayer if he had a pc...

he said he cant do something because hes on a mac.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

06 Mar 2011 18:59 #380
If you wanna make a rec of something, can you make it so it asks if you want to make the rec AFTER you play? Then your rec box won't be completely full and you don't need to delete all of your recs 24/7.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
07 Mar 2011 15:45 #381
Mar 6, 2011, 10:59am, rollcage wrote:If you wanna make a rec of something, can you make it so it asks if you want to make the rec AFTER you play? Then your rec box won't be completely full and you don't need to delete all of your recs 24/7.
That means that every time you play level game must record your actions when you are plaing it after that you can eather delete or save rec. (Thats what most games have to show you replay). Posible but for some people game will lag.
Only normal usage for this thing is to record WR vids.
I would only like this idea if in options there would be button '' set recording off'' etc.

Btw that means that you need to change gui's.

08 Mar 2011 00:25 #382
Well then people should get less crappy comps

Yeah, thats the only hold up. Got that idea from neverball, and that game has no lag (Game engine from 2006)

• Thank you received: 10
08 Mar 2011 01:27 #383
I was under the impression that making .rec's is supposed to not cause lagg?!?!?

Anyway, many games have it, some take it a step farther by changing camera angles (mariokart anyone?) though those I can think of are mostly consoles,which are created a bit more equally (to others of the same type) than computers.

Anyway it would be nice to see...

Oh and RC, you can just use the same file name for .rec's and MBP will override them. Just change the name you use for your .rec's whenever you get something you want to save. So if you gave all your rec's the filename Demo1 whe you make them, it would override it each time. Then when you record something you want to keep just start calling all rec's past that point Demo2 and so on...

11 Mar 2011 02:47 #384
Ok. I'm seriously not getting anywhere with 3D Rad...

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
12 Mar 2011 15:44 #385
You should make a feature when if you restart whilst recording a .rec, it should automatically restart the recording, as to not corrupt the .rec file.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Thank you received: 123
02 Apr 2011 20:46 #386
(bump?)

Is it possible to customize the GUI, like for the level selector and the main screen?
I think it should have that, so you can change its style/looks the same way you can change the forum skin.

12 May 2011 13:32 #387
No, in MBP, it's disabled.

• horus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 May 2011 21:03 #388
It's disabled in MBP.

• Thank you received: 18
13 May 2011 21:11 #389
May 13, 2011, 2:03pm, horus wrote:It's disabled in MBP.

That's exactly what RC said. What isn't disabled anymore is your warning level.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
13 May 2011 23:06 #390
I also agree, because I am a fan of... my own GUI, and would like the ease to use it, however, I see their reasoning.

(Pablo = win.)

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.013 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.