Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file MBP Suggestions aka THE ESSAY TOPIC

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
23 Apr 2009 13:19 #121
I am against Sequential Gems as it is useless and against bonusTime checkpoint reset for the status quo is interesting to take advantage of.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
23 Apr 2009 22:22 #122
i have a idea for 1.14 whats with an interior editor where you can choose all textures
not so hard like quark or constructor

• Thank you received: 18
23 Apr 2009 22:46 #123
Apr 23, 2009, 3:22pm, blastreoid wrote:i have a idea for 1.14 whats with an interior editor where you can choose all textures
not so hard like quark or constructor

Impossible. .DIF format can't be edited or converted to a easily workable format.

23 Apr 2009 23:39 #124
@ MF : Thanks for the clear up, now i think i understand and i disagree, it would be like saying lets remove TL's seems counter productive, abusing bugs is why we are the best in the world... lets not remove these bugs then we will be standard

@ Xelna : I only agree with what seems good, any backup on my addition

Anybody else : Just remember if you are reading this you actually should input or else i won't be cleaning up when we don't get all the updates which you have read about and thought it would be cool

• Thank you received: 2
24 Apr 2009 02:29 #125
Apr 23, 2009, 4:39pm, thoran wrote:@ MF : Thanks for the clear up, now i think i understand and i disagree, it would be like saying lets remove TL's seems counter productive, abusing bugs is why we are the best in the world... lets not remove these bugs then we will be standard

It's not a bug btw. It's something obvious enough that it would have been taken care of had any intention to do so was present. But I'm not complaining. In fact, when I found out you could exploit the carry-over of TMs, I thought that was really cool. The thing I suggested just then was something I wanted to see how you people would react to, and turns out it's not supported.

EDIT:

The one thing about my idea that makes it worth considering is the fact that you DO get to keep your TMs if you get them BEFORE checkpointing. Say you have a TM and checkpoint near each other, if you want to keep the TM, simply grab the TM before checkpointing. Depending on the layout, you may do this anyway. I just think it makes more sense. Essentially what I'm trying to say is that you can still exploit TM-carry-overs, just less often.

This is the last I'll say about this. If you guys don't like it, that's fine.
(I promise I'm done now )

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
24 Apr 2009 05:34 #126
More new ideas
10. Please fix the bug with the green timer in the leaderboards.
11. The author name in the learderboards.

• Thank you received: 52
24 Apr 2009 06:45 #127
And can someone adjust the ineguality on the level Morph...

Matan got a better time than the other guy there, but he got less rating than him...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
24 Apr 2009 07:46 #128
Sporlo: Gem Travel: Epoch Artifice also uses another exploit I found for the checkpoint (for Ultimate Time).

Supermarble:
10) What green timer? The timer goes green at the ready-set-go and finish sequences as well as a Time Travel being active. This is a feature of MBP, not a bug.
11) What's wrong with the author names? Ability to display author names for levels is a feature.

Xelna: That's due to Morph being a new version. Not a bug. I just need to beat the level again in a faster time for the rating to take effect.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

24 Apr 2009 23:45 #129
Sorry this is just a re-inforce because matan said i should provide reasons more than once if needed, also this was on the front page because i originally edited my ideas so i don't know who read.. this idea isn't actually IMO hard to include but it would be nice

Internet Settings / Config
can we get a button within the settings button which allows me to change the proxy settings, i need to connect from school which means i need to change it to HTTPS and add the proxy + port, this is just for me really but there are other people at my school and it would increase the members.

P.S did anybody else notice it was called Re: MBP Suggestions aka THORANS EGO TOPIC wonder why it got changed back i was famous... like Mariah Carey.. also... i had to slip a post in today... this topic is the only one i check guaranteed daily.

P.S.S - shouldn't it have been Thoran's Ego Topic, with an apostrophe.. because i own my ego.. don't i?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
25 Apr 2009 00:07 #130
Quote:

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
25 Apr 2009 03:33 #131
10. oops sorry matan, it's the level editor. not the leaderboards.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
25 Apr 2009 12:41 #132
What green timer in the level editor? Isn't that paused state?

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
25 Apr 2009 19:06 #133
no, it doesn't stop when it's green.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
26 Apr 2009 00:18 #134
i own my ego
*switch*

Further to blasteroid's idea, a texture switcher that alternates textures of the same size in the interior folder would be nice. Is this possible in script or would there need to be an external application?

26 Apr 2009 00:56 #135
I have no clue how, and I dunno if it was mentioned before, but how bout a skybox changer? I have tons of them and I dont wanna leave the game to drag around files just to change a skybox...

26 Apr 2009 01:00 #136
Texture switcher is a good idea - it would rename textures in the interiors folder. You'd then have to restart MB. Downside: if the game crashed without getting to revert the textures to their normal names, you'd be stuck with wrongly named textures and have to reinstall MB.

26 Apr 2009 01:54 #137
Any way to make a small app that would fix the texture names?

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Mkbul
  • Mkbul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
26 Apr 2009 14:54 #138
C++ needed, i belive we have the things we need

• Thank you received: 2
26 Apr 2009 21:30 #139
Apr 25, 2009, 5:56pm, sim978 wrote:I have no clue how, and I dunno if it was mentioned before, but how bout a skybox changer? I have tons of them and I dont wanna leave the game to drag around files just to change a skybox...
Yes. It has been mentioned.

• Mkbul
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
26 Apr 2009 21:36 #140
...and sim was the one to suggest it on page 1.

26 Apr 2009 22:05 #141
Holy sht im such an idiot... lol

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
27 Apr 2009 11:45 #142
The need to restart MB is unfortunate. I suppose there is no way around it since MB reads the files only when it loads?

28 Apr 2009 03:25 #143
Idk if it already has been mentionned before, but can you add to LBs the same achievements as we have in Single Player? Like... all Ultimate times (%) all Platinum times (%), etc...?

28 Apr 2009 08:46 #144
You didn't...

i had also thought that, but can we get how far we are towards the acheivment aswell

like 108/120 underneath PT's or something

also can we put GT's in there.. not a hard acheivement for some but others will be proud of getting

29 Apr 2009 06:01 #145
What is GT?

And it would be cool to add some new kind of achievement like to do a certain move in a certain lvl... like... not only based on times and such... idk if it's possible... I'm aware that this should be a pain to code...
And more achievements would be greatly welcomed

29 Apr 2009 11:40 #146
Gold Time is GT

and i see what you mean with the moves things, like a TL for example but i don't know if it is code-able

anyway +1 from me...

29 Apr 2009 13:43 #147
Apr 28, 2009, 11:01pm, xelna wrote:And it would be cool to add some new kind of achievement like to do a certain move in a certain lvl... like... not only based on times and such... idk if it's possible... I'm aware that this should be a pain to code...
And more achievements would be greatly welcomed

Sounds like an Easter Egg.

• Mkbul
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
29 Apr 2009 17:50 #148
Maybe should we add censored words for LB? Or are there?

30 Apr 2009 00:32 #149
No, that makes it less fun...

30 Apr 2009 06:55 #150
What you mean censored words? Like you can't say : ''Fuck, Shit, Ass, Whore, etc...'' otherwise you're banned?

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.146 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.