Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file MBP Suggestions aka THE ESSAY TOPIC

• Thank you received: 2
03 Apr 2009 00:08 #31 by Sporlo
Apr 2, 2009, 4:16pm, imacmatician wrote:I would also like:
- Separate high scores for each marble size, plus a few more sizes (something in between regular and small marble 1 and something larger than big marble 3 ). Also a display of how large/small the marble is compared to the default marble (like 1.5x).

Agreed, strongly. This (emphasis on separate high scores for each marble size) would be great.

Also, to support thoran's and iMacmatician's ideas about being able to toggle items/functions and alter the physics:
How about a Sandbox mode (like in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3) where you can do whatever you want. You can conveniently change any possible characteristic of the gameplay with a few buttons/sliders/number inputs. There would be so many different possibilities that keeping times for each setting would be useless, but I believe it would be extremely fun. You could play any level you want for fun in every way possible!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 14
03 Apr 2009 00:51 #32 by iMacmatician
+1 for Sporlo's sandbox idea (although I would like a way to save states too).

I would also like:
- An optional automatic demo recording, where If I play a level, a recording is automatically made under some name, then when I finish the level, I can press a button to save the recording under a new name (otherwise it's overwritten). With that I would like a Reload button so I can reload the level and restart the demo without having to do a bunch of button presses.
- A Restart from Last Checkpoint button.
- In custom folders in the MBP screen, when I exit out of a level I go back to the last level of the first folder or something, not the level I was playing. I'd like to see that fixed. 123zc1 said it better than I did.

Apr 2, 2009, 4:29pm, pablovasquez wrote:Sorry, MBP doesn't support parametric levels.. though that does look really cool, and could be made in Blender (however, even a super-computer would have a lot of trouble with its accompanying collosion mesh).
So if you made the graph into an object (in Blender or whatever), and exported it into the required file type for MBP interiors, it wouldn't work? Also, I can settle with rectangular if parametric doesn't work (that graph is one of Grapher's built-in examples).

(I don't know much about level creation and such)

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Thank you received: 0
03 Apr 2009 00:59 #33 by 123zc
Something that might not be fixable is really annoying me. When you make a new folder in custom, it makes an orange tab under the picture. When you pick a tab, beat a level, and go back to the Custom tab, you're automatically put back into Marble>Data>Missions. Could that possibly be fixed?

• Thank you received: 18
03 Apr 2009 03:23 #34 by Pablo
iMac: I don't know how to make that spiral torus in Blender, but I am sure it can be done with some type of NURBS deformation or some such sh*t. However, Blender does not export to the version of .dif that Marble Blast uses, and that complex shape would not successfully save as a .map to be opened in QuArK or Constructor. So, the only option would be to use the .dts exporter, which would require an incredible effort to get the UV-mapped textures correct (manually fitting each texture to each face in an image editor) -- and furthermore, .dts doesn't have automatic collision like .dif does, so you'd need to make a really complicated collision mesh to go around the torus, and that would cause horrible lag on even a supercomputer.
All for a little winding pipe.

03 Apr 2009 19:57 #35 by iMacmatician
Would it be more feasible if you skipped the textures (so the tube would be one color) and the hollows?

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

04 Apr 2009 00:31 #36 by iMacmatician
It might be nice to display the amount of points that achievements are worth on the achievements page in the LB's.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
07 Apr 2009 02:21 #37 by IsraeliRD
IMO Pablo is incorrect, and such graph might be possible in DIF (or several DIFs).

Now, I've added all suggestions for future reference when the next patch is in the works. Until then, let's reply to a few ahead of time. If your suggestion doesn't appear below, it means it went for the patch suggestions, meaning it will be reviewed in a few months. I've also noted down some programming points of view in the suggestion in order to make it work or on how to make those work properly. I want a long post so I don't look like a lazy ass for once, so let's reply to all.
Essay ftw!

Quote:An override button - what i want is basically a button which provides options to turn off / on features and the features i would like to see are:
-Gems
-Powerups
-Jumping
-Camera Movement

there will hopefully be seperate highscores for these and i realise that they might not all be possible but having the feature on all levels seems more practical

I agree with pablo about camera/jumping only. Powerups and Gems means making levels easier/harder, so some levels you have to disable it on, and modify the MIS, and other stuff. Some idiot said it's possible, so it's on the list as well.
Separate highscores is possible, but most likely offline only. If it's online it'll need some work.
I like the idea and added to suggestions as-is but will be finalized when we get to it.

Quote:An option to turn on/off a check that you have all interiors for the level being loaded (normally I would suggest just having it permanently on, but that would slow down loading for levels that you know you have the interiors for). This seems useful to me because just playing old (and even some newer) levels, I have found that I have been missing some interiors, and it would be better to simply have it tell me right away.

This is a good idea, but note that it will slow down level load. Definitely added to the suggestion list.

Quote:Suggestion: A separate prefs.cs not for the leaderboards so that we can make custom frictions.

prefs.cs I don't know, but you can always give me textures and friction values and I can add those for you, making it automatically official in MBP.

Quote:Timer that shows how much TT you have left

While I like this, it needs to be:
1) Disabled if a NEGATIVE Time Travel is picked up, as it doesn't do anything but add to the timer already.
1a) Unless you have a positive time bonus in which case it substracts from that time and hits 0:00.00 if needs to be.

Quote:May I just pop in and suggest a timer that would countdown to a preset time, set by the player, and quit the game, for those people who find themselves playing 50 last rounds, or find themselves still playing at 2 in the morning. A warning when you have two or three minutes left to play would be nice as well.

Definitely possible, it could be even in the game interface so it's always there and always counts down. Great for parents!

Quote:A skybox changer. Don't you think you get tired of seeing the same skies over and over again? Possibly you could select the mode, and then select the skybox you want to go with it.

Gotta override MIS default value, and reload the level with the skies again.

Quote:A better GUIed level editor. In otherwords, try making a level editor with buttons and a walkthrough This is probably near impossible but it would enable people that have no clue what they are doing to know more of what they are doing.

There's a guide for the level editor on youtube by me (and a huge one), but it does miss a bit (then again, I never knew about those functions) but for moving platforms (not that you are using those) is mainly from Moshe, plus you can ask Technostick.
The MBP Level Editor has been refined without the AI/Texturing/Terrain editors. I can probably find some help files (.hlp ?) but I don't know about that yet. Otherwise, a walkthrough is possible but will need a shitload of Tips for 'run first time' and 'show this again' and 'enable all tips' so that just in case there's always something there. It will take quite a while to do though!

Quote:- Separate high scores for each marble size, plus a few more sizes (something in between regular and small marble 1 and something larger than big marble 3 ). Also a display of how large/small the marble is compared to the default marble (like 1.5x).

More sizes can be done, I already know the ones used. I thought Big Marble 3 would be enough, I'm surprised people more want than that. I hope nobody asks for something smaller than Small Marble 3, it's nuts as it is. A display is probably possible as well.
Highscores? Yes, but will require new prefs.cs depending on the marble size, as currently it's all into 1. If you want to compare high scores between different marbles it is also possible, I don't know about the scoreboard at the end of the level, might be an overkill there.

Quote:- Option for default gravity to match Helicopter
- Option for default recoil to match Anti-Recoil or Marble Recoil
- Option to multiply all friction values by some number, like 2 or 1/2?
- Unmodded version where diagonal has the same speed as forward

Possible, but then we start making an options menu with values and sliders and displays and all that stuff and there's a lot to go through. I do believe it's possible, but there are some things to note down.
1) Frictions load at game start, not during the mission.
2) Scripts that load values during mission load:
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/audioProfiles.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/camera.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/markers.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/triggers.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/inventory.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/shapeBase.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/staticShape.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/item.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/marble.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/gems.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/powerUps.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/buttons.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/hazards.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/pads.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/bumpers.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/signs.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/fireworks.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/checkpoint.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/teleporter.cs
Loading compiled script marble/server/scripts/pathedInteriors.cs

Default gravity, unmodded, default recoil are all in marble.cs. Friction is in init.cs in data folder so that's no use unless we tell the game to re-load those during level load, in which case it's probably possible.

In MBO you can even change powerup data, hence my 'World's Grestest' series on YouTube. This seems to be hardcoded in MBG's engine as I tried.

Quote:- 5 top times instead of 3

Possible, but is this will need some GUI changes.

Quote:How about a Sandbox mode (like in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3) where you can do whatever you want. You can conveniently change any possible characteristic of the gameplay with a few buttons/sliders/number inputs. There would be so many different possibilities that keeping times for each setting would be useless, but I believe it would be extremely fun. You could play any level you want for fun in every way possible!

As said above, this is possible, but got to be from an options menu and maybe a restart of MB for options to take effect. I don't know if high scores would be kept for those, since there are so many options you can do.

Quote:- An optional automatic demo recording, where If I play a level, a recording is automatically made under some name, then when I finish the level, I can press a button to save the recording under a new name (otherwise it's overwritten). With that I would like a Reload button so I can reload the level and restart the demo without having to do a bunch of button presses.

I like this idea, which is awesome, but I want to expand the system so that a .rec doesn't screw up, for example disable restart button etc.

Quote:- In custom folders in the MBP screen, when I exit out of a level I go back to the last level of the first folder or something, not the level I was playing. I'd like to see that fixed.

I complained on that too, you're late

Quote:A Restart from Last Checkpoint button.

Go Out of Bounds

Or better yet, maybe a list of 'restart from checkpoint X' and give it details such as: Time, Gems, Powerups Available, Time Travel Bonus available. Added to suggestions.

Quote:Chris says:
a last 25 levels played feature
Chris says:
in the search button
Chris says:
so you can find that one you randomly clicked

IMO Possible, but needs a prefs.cs as a remembering thing. Maybe a slider so it remembers X amount of levels?

Quote:Something that might not be fixable is really annoying me. When you make a new folder in custom, it makes an orange tab under the picture. When you pick a tab, beat a level, and go back to the Custom tab, you're automatically put back into Marble>Data>Missions. Could that possibly be fixed?

I know that bug and is already on fix list.

Quote:It might be nice to display the amount of points that achievements are worth on the achievements page in the LB's.

Originally I did not want to (and I still don't), mainly because some achievements might be worth more than others (or so people would think) and thus be biased. It might be possible for me to say a yes on this.

With that in mind, I do want to put up more achievements in the future, but don't quote me on this.

a ghost feature!!!
Chris says:
where you're recording races with you!
Chris says:
as a ghost!!
Chris says:
so you can race your best time

Don't know if this is possible, so I can't reply to this.

also i think we should be able to play custom levels, which aren't for online purposes online
Chris says:
even with 0 rating
Chris says:
it gives you the talk feature

Probably possible, you can already do this I believe.

And that's it... phew!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

07 Apr 2009 02:33 #38 by thoran
big post, i'll just continue to say my replies to you're face however i feel for all the comments i say about this i deserve the extra post count

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
07 Apr 2009 03:30 #39 by IsraeliRD
Apr 6, 2009, 7:33pm, thoran wrote:
big post, i'll just continue to say my replies to you're face however i feel for all the comments i say about this i deserve the extra post count

Nice try. It still counts as spam unless you're planning to add something relevant.

Apr 6, 2009, 7:21pm, admin wrote:Originally I did not want to (and I still don't), mainly because some achievements might be worth more than others (or so people would think) and thus be biased. It might be possible for me to say a yes on this.

With that in mind, I do want to put up more achievements in the future, but don't quote me on this.

1) I don't see the problem with biasing people toward getting certain achievements. I think it's only fair to tell them which would yield more points so that they can work on them. And for someone like me who doesn't care too much, it's still nice to know how much you're getting.

2) It looks like I did

you on that.... Some custom level/possibly more MBP achievements would be great!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

07 Apr 2009 03:39 #40 by iMacmatician
Apr 6, 2009, 7:21pm, admin wrote:Separate highscores is possible, but most likely offline only. If it's online it'll need some work.Maybe offline in 1.14 and online in a later version?

Apr 6, 2009, 7:21pm, admin wrote:I thought Big Marble 3 would be enough, I'm surprised people more want than that. I hope nobody asks for something smaller than Small Marble 3, it's nuts as it is.Well it's just me AFAIK for the even bigger marble (and no I do not want anything smaller than Small Marble 3) for the edge hits and such.

Maybe:
Big Marble 4
Big Marble 3
Big Marble 2
Big Marble 1
GarageGames
Regular
Medium Marble (or Small Marble 1)
Small Marble 1 (or 2)
Small Marble 2 (or 3)
Small Marble 3 (or 4)

Apr 6, 2009, 7:21pm, admin wrote:Go Out of Bounds The problem is that in some places it's hard or impossible to go OOB. For example, I was playing Speed Attack and there's this bit with a tornado that sucks you in and there's a platform on top of the tornado, so you stay in there. You're supposed to use the Super Speed to fling you out, but I used it while pressing forward (instead of reverse as you're supposed to do, but I didn't know that), so the Super Speed didn't get me anywhere and I spent the next 10 minutes trying to get out of there by rolling and jumping (I eventually did).

I really like the ghost suggestion.

• Thank you received: 18
07 Apr 2009 04:09 #41 by Pablo
The ghost suggestion is excellent. Even if it would use a default animation (i.e. not the exact marble you used), it would be really fun to race yourself. Perhaps an easy way to do this would be to use the series of button presses contained in a .rec file to control the ghost! It might cause lag though.

07 Apr 2009 04:21 #42 by Sporlo
Apr 6, 2009, 8:39pm, imacmatician wrote:
Apr 6, 2009, 7:21pm, admin wrote:Go Out of Bounds The problem is that in some places it's hard or impossible to go OOB. For example, I was playing Speed Attack and there's this bit with a tornado that sucks you in and there's a platform on top of the tornado, so you stay in there. You're supposed to use the Super Speed to fling you out, but I used it while pressing forward (instead of reverse as you're supposed to do, but I didn't know that), so the Super Speed didn't get me anywhere and I spent the next 10 minutes trying to get out of there by rolling and jumping (I eventually did).

The thing about restarting at checkpoints without going OOB is that it would change the best times of certain levels. For example, if the best path for a level involves exploiting the checkpoint by catching a TM and quickly falling OOB, with the new feature, you'd be able to do it even faster by catching the TM, then quickly restarting at the checkpoint by use of mouse clicks. Then it'd just be a matter of how fast you can hit ESC and click the mouse on the right button.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
07 Apr 2009 06:20 #43 by IsraeliRD
Quote:big post, i'll just continue to say my replies to you're face however i feel for all the comments i say about this i deserve the extra post count

Nah, as MF said, it's spam.

Quote:1) I don't see the problem with biasing people toward getting certain achievements. I think it's only fair to tell them which would yield more points so that they can work on them. And for someone like me who doesn't care too much, it's still nice to know how much you're getting.

I see your point, but originally I didn't want. I might do so. Still, don't know

Edit: Did you know that originally there were 50 achievements? Due to pressure from Spy47 those were cut down to the current ones, and some were modified.

2nd Edit: While we're on this ... marble ... I did have a plan for 1.13 which I never went forwards with, but it was to transfer Leaderboards Achievements (except the online ones with ratings and first place, i.e first four pages) to the offline one, so you can have fun in there as well. It was supposed to be planned for Mac 1.13 as well but axed out completely. Maybe in a future build I'll revisit my own idea and actually do it, or just axe it out again.

Quote:2) It looks like I did

you on that.... Some custom level/possibly more MBP achievements would be great!

You bastard But yeah, I'm more tending on normal levels over customs, but who knows...

Quote:Maybe offline in 1.14 and online in a later version?

I don't know as of yet. Online is a huge nasty thing. About the marbles: Still don't know.

Quote:The problem is that in some places it's hard or impossible to go OOB. For example, I was playing Speed Attack and there's this bit with a tornado that sucks you in and there's a platform on top of the tornado, so you stay in there. You're supposed to use the Super Speed to fling you out, but I used it while pressing forward (instead of reverse as you're supposed to do, but I didn't know that), so the Super Speed didn't get me anywhere and I spent the next 10 minutes trying to get out of there by rolling and jumping (I eventually did).

I see your point, but,

Quote:The thing about restarting at checkpoints without going OOB is that it would change the best times of certain levels. For example, if the best path for a level involves exploiting the checkpoint by catching a TM and quickly falling OOB, with the new feature, you'd be able to do it even faster by catching the TM, then quickly restarting at the checkpoint by use of mouse clicks. Then it'd just be a matter of how fast you can hit ESC and click the mouse on the right button.

This nails it. Rolling to Eternity is the one I was thinking about as my route uses catching a TM and instantly OOBing. Maybe if we had a AllowLastChkpt = 0; command in the MIS file, then I'd be happy to do such idea, but otherwise I'm not so happy.

No comment on ghost

07 Apr 2009 12:52 #44 by thoran
Quote:2nd Edit: While we're on this ... marble ... I did have a plan for 1.13 which I never went forwards with, but it was to transfer Leaderboards Achievements (except the online ones with ratings and first place, i.e first four pages) to the offline one, so you can have fun in there as well. It was supposed to be planned for Mac 1.13 as well but axed out completely. Maybe in a future build I'll revisit my own idea and actually do it, or just axe it out again.
R:i think that this is the way to go, however i would quite like offline ratings because it would give me comparison with friends also the ratings gives you a steady increase in points for the system

Quote:I don't know as of yet. Online is a huge nasty thing. About the marbles: Still don't know.:
R:Like i said yesterday, this would provide you with ridiculous scores and would take too long to do.. so if it goes online i would expect this not to be counted towards general rankings, maybe their own total i guess

Quote:This nails it. Rolling to Eternity is the one I was thinking about as my route uses catching a TM and instantly OOBing. Maybe if we had a AllowLastChkpt = 0; command in the MIS file, then I'd be happy to do such idea, but otherwise I'm not so happy.
R: Is this comes in it must: A) be offline
B) Be a switch i can turn because although fun i don't want to keep editing the .mis

Quote:good for parents
R: i think this would be good, can we also get a Matan not keeping you up at night button, that would be good for parents...
no but seriously this is a good idea and should have two options, for example 5 more levels or 5 more minutes

Quote:I really like the ghost suggestion.
R:I feel this provides us with a perfect copy of the best routes and you can take that corner a little bit sharper than he does thus improving all of our times by see'ing where you went wrong
i also feel these would be fun to download and i could race matan's ghost for example and if it is introduced i expect to see you release these with vids matan

Now it's time for my Idea's

Ball Selection : i would like to see the ball menu when opened have two tabs, one that says ball size, one that says ball design this means i can just put custom balls into a file and they will be interchangable between marbles

Easy Gem finding : Although this could be annoying when on certain missions Bfinale is my example, then it could be annoying but would it be possible to have those nice arrows you get on MBO for gem finding, it will make new customs that you haven't played before much easier

LB's : This i have mentioned before and it would be my favourite feature to come forward if it did. Can we have offline looking like the leaderboards and with all the top times which you're game would update when you are online. This would make a huge difference to me because the majority of the time i cannot access the LB's and can't remember the best times and if i came close this would encourage me to practice each level.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
07 Apr 2009 13:10 #45 by IsraeliRD
Quote:i think that this is the way to go, however i would quite like offline ratings because it would give me comparison with friends also the ratings gives you a steady increase in points for the system

While it is possible, the problem is that due to having no presence of Anti-Hack system, you could change the ratings. Of course, you don't want your friends to do so

Quote:Like i said yesterday, this would provide you with ridiculous scores and would take too long to do.. so if it goes online i would expect this not to be counted towards general rankings, maybe their own total i guess

If it goes online, which is nice, it will not have ratings to it, you can relax about that. Just compete vs the rest.

Quote:
Quote:This nails it. Rolling to Eternity is the one I was thinking about as my route uses catching a TM and instantly OOBing. Maybe if we had a AllowLastChkpt = 0; command in the MIS file, then I'd be happy to do such idea, but otherwise I'm not so happy.
Is this comes in it must:
A) be offline
B) Be a switch i can turn because although fun i don't want to keep editing the .mis

This can go online without a problem, which is why RtE comes into place (I edit the MIS myself). You can probably just turn an option on or off, or if the creator does NOT want players to allow last checkpoint usage, they can disable it via the MIS. If you want to change it, then happy editing.

Quote:I feel this provides us with a perfect copy of the best routes and you can take that corner a little bit sharper than he does thus improving all of our times by see'ing where you went wrong
i also feel these would be fun to download and i could race matan's ghost for example and if it is introduced i expect to see you release these with vids matan

Assuming if it's even possible. Remember, we're speaking here on a 5 years old TEST engine which was heavily modified to work for Marble Blast. It does not even have functions that the original engine does (or new ones).

Quote:Ball Selection : i would like to see the ball menu when opened have two tabs, one that says ball size, one that says ball design this means i can just put custom balls into a file and they will be interchangable between marbles

Maybe, maybe not. The gem has an ability to change skins (seems inbuilt into the engine), but the marble DTS specifies the texture name that you must use (same for everything else, but the gem seems an exception). You can put in custom marbles if you want (in different sizes) and select custom marbles in MBP

Quote:Easy Gem finding : Although this could be annoying when on certain missions Bfinale is my example, then it could be annoying but would it be possible to have those nice arrows you get on MBO for gem finding, it will make new customs that you haven't played before much easier

I've been toying with this idea for almost a year now. Technically, it's possible, but personally I want players to sometime find the gems themselves (since this is the purpose of the level). I remember putting Promontory.dif as 'Singleplayer' (mind you, it comes with gem spawns already) so all gems appeared and I had 198 gems, and holy shit there were so many red arrows it's not even funny, my entire screen was going nuts!!! But as said, while this is nice, I'm not sure if level creators would like that. If the level is small there is no need, but if it's big then I see why. BFinale would be nuts for you, same for others. TTotTS? hehe

Quote:LB's : This i have mentioned before and it would be my favourite feature to come forward if it did. Can we have offline looking like the leaderboards and with all the top times which you're game would update when you are online. This would make a huge difference to me because the majority of the time i cannot access the LB's and can't remember the best times and if i came close this would encourage me to practice each level.

Short answer: It is possible, but most likely won't happen.

Long answer: Would require anti-hack, and the game needs to send the data and save it somewhere meanwhile. The problem is that the moment you save the data (prefs.cs for example), you can modify it, so anyone can simply go into the file, change the values and when you're online hold and behold someone has 0.001 on BFinale. This is why you need to be connected to the server, so that the scores are instantly sent and nobody can hack their prefs.cs and upload. Can it become non-hacked (prefs.cs)? No. The idea is great, but technically I believe you can't do it. This would be up to Spy47 in programming, but IMO it's not possible, but don't quote me on this as I have a chance to be wrong.
Can I send it from offline? Yes. I already have a build that allows me to do so and yes I already used it successfully.

07 Apr 2009 14:29 #46 by thoran
also i think we should be able to play custom levels, which aren't for online purposes online
Chris says:
even with 0 rating
Chris says:
it gives you the talk feature

Probably possible, you can already do this I believe.

I have checked this, it was possible however with the search bar introduction it now isn't. Hope this is a nice easy one to put in

Quote:2nd Edit: While we're on this ... marble ... I did have a plan for 1.13 which I never went forwards with, but it was to transfer Leaderboards Achievements (except the online ones with ratings and first place, i.e first four pages) to the offline one, so you can have fun in there as well. It was supposed to be planned for Mac 1.13 as well but axed out completely. Maybe in a future build I'll revisit my own idea and actually do it, or just axe it out again

This is a great idea, i'd really like to see the acheivments offline mainly because i might actually have a few then ... and if like i said we can get the ratings offline we could even stick the last page in... except the WR one....

Quote:Some idiot said it's possible, so it's on the list as well.
Separate highscores is possible, but most likely offline only. If it's online it'll need some work.

Bit mean to call Spy47 and idiot... since it was him who said it was possible...( i know you secretly mean me;) but don't shoot the messenger)

Surely with putting it online you can do like you would do with the seperate balls, and make it possible to compare points but have no rating

If i'm missing a reason as to why one is possible and not the other please fill me in

New Idea
1)
A Delete Button in the Replay Centre

2)You need to update the website link to the new URL or else people who download the game without coming and click the link get told that they are on the wrong URL when arriving

07 Apr 2009 15:38 #47 by iMacmatician
Apr 6, 2009, 11:20pm, admin wrote:This nails it. Rolling to Eternity is the one I was thinking about as my route uses catching a TM and instantly OOBing. Maybe if we had a AllowLastChkpt = 0; command in the MIS file, then I'd be happy to do such idea, but otherwise I'm not so happy.True. Forgot about that route, I now support AllowLastChkpt.

Apr 7, 2009, 6:10am, admin wrote:I've been toying with this idea for almost a year now. Technically, it's possible, but personally I want players to sometime find the gems themselves (since this is the purpose of the level). I remember putting Promontory.dif as 'Singleplayer' (mind you, it comes with gem spawns already) so all gems appeared and I had 198 gems, and holy shit there were so many red arrows it's not even funny, my entire screen was going nuts!!! But as said, while this is nice, I'm not sure if level creators would like that. If the level is small there is no need, but if it's big then I see why. BFinale would be nuts for you, same for others. TTotTS? hehe AllowGemRadar?

I'm assuming we don't need an AllowEasterEggRadar.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
08 Apr 2009 02:02 #48 by IsraeliRD
AllowGemRadar or GemArrow would be nice, but EEPointer will not happen

09 Apr 2009 03:38 #49 by Sporlo
From watching YouTube videos, I think the finish time should change to blue instead of green, or another color. The green is awkward because of the TM color.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
09 Apr 2009 03:44 #50 by IsraeliRD
We got suggestions for it, to have icy blue with stuff going below so it looks frozen

09 Apr 2009 18:27 #51 by thoran
i wonder who's suggestion that was?

we should so do it, the little icicles hanging down

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
12 Apr 2009 03:31 #52 by CheepFishMBP
My first post

1. The starting time will be blue or another color
2. In the leaderboards, I think we should separate times on marble types.
3. Please delete the '/n' in the water help trigger in Learn the Friction, theres not enough space for
the help trigger.

12 Apr 2009 03:59 #53 by Sporlo
Your first 2 suggestions have been discussed already. Like, RIGHT before you posted. Please read before you post.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
12 Apr 2009 05:10 #54 by CheepFishMBP
4. I want old sounds and names to the MBG version of MBP.

• MadMarioSkills
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
12 Apr 2009 05:12 #55 by MadMarioSkills
Just play Marble Blast Gold

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
12 Apr 2009 06:02 #56 by IsraeliRD
1/2 were discussed as sporlo said
3 is already known and will be fixed
4 as MadMarioSkills said, play the original MBG, not MBP

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
15 Apr 2009 06:18 #57 by CheepFishMBP
5. is that true that you restore time back when you go OOB and it brings you to the last checkpoint?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
15 Apr 2009 07:50 #58 by IsraeliRD
no

• Thank you received: 3
15 Apr 2009 15:19 #59 by Ari
I want a replay center that you can pause, fast forward, rewind, slow motion, etc.

15 Apr 2009 15:26 #60 by iMacmatician
Agreed with Ari. I'd also like a search box for the replay center that searches the contents of the .inf files as well as the file name.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.084 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.