Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file MBP Suggestions aka THE ESSAY TOPIC

• Thank you received: 57
04 Jul 2010 10:05 #271
One thing I REALLY want changed is that when you pause gameplay in LB, it PAUSES, like in normal MBP/MBG gameplay. Because whenever you pause the time doesnt stop. It keeps going. :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
04 Jul 2010 10:14 #272
That's not possible, otherwise we woulda made it so. Soz

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
04 Jul 2010 12:46 #273
Quote:How many times did we say impossible?

I'll explain again, and for the final time:

- Early on in the alpha we found out we can do an in-game chat
- The bad news it would mean you can't stop in-game during leaderboards session but you can normally
- So it became a choice:

In-game chat or ability to pause

- Spy found out that pausing the game also causes you to stop pausing, meaning you'll disconnect. So we understood that if the game runs in the background, a player would less likely to have the pause screen on for long period of time, which means less chances of him disconnecting. The disconnect part can't be fixed, btw.

And therefore we have a chat and no pausing. Better solution than the other option (no chat, pause and disconnect), don't you agree?

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 91
04 Jul 2010 16:01 #274
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but maybe a redesign of the chat window...take Halo for example. The characters are bigger, there isn't an (extremely annoying) white window for the chat, and it appears over the top right corner of the screen below the shield and health bars.

Having the white window makes it practically impossible to see the bottom of the screen, and making the text that small makes it impossible to read if there isn't a white box.

• Lambencee(Aaron_Y)
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 23
05 Jul 2010 02:48 #275
That's a nice idea, while it never really bothered me the way it is I do think it would be better the way he said.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
07 Jul 2010 11:37 #276
Yeah and maybe not have really bright colored font colors, cuz then it gets hard to read what they said..dark colors (blue, black, etc.) would be more of a ease to read for the eyesight.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

16 Jul 2010 10:57 #277
I've got another idea- a quick restart button that can be changed in the options menu.

16 Jul 2010 11:13 #278
'S been suggested, hasn't it? Good idea tho!

• Marble_of_Randomness
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
16 Jul 2010 14:09 #279
New friction!

16 Jul 2010 14:11 #280
Just as effective as me saying New levels! Try and give us some suggestions as per the title of this thread

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
16 Jul 2010 14:19 #281
Or an essay, also works.

• Marble_of_Randomness
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
16 Jul 2010 14:33 #282
OKay, this new friction is called glue floor! When you step on it, it's like quicksand and when you get sunk in the floor, you will go OOB! Nice idea, huh?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
16 Jul 2010 17:15 #283
I also suggest getting a new engine, or just ripping out Orbz

16 Jul 2010 23:12 #284
Sarcasm much??
Nice idea RM38, although that would be pretty difficult hence Orbz doesnt have liquidish watery frictions. So im guessing the glue floor would be more like a white flat surface that just sends you OOB if you stay on it for 5+ seconds??

• Marble_of_Randomness
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
18 Jul 2010 15:30 #285
Jul 16, 2010, 4:12pm, xnanux1 wrote:Sarcasm much??
Nice idea RM38, although that would be pretty difficult hence Orbz doesnt have liquidish watery frictions. So im guessing the glue floor would be more like a white flat surface that just sends you OOB if you stay on it for 5+ seconds??
10 seconds because you can still get out of the glue floor, just jump 3 times and your out and thanks for the comment!

19 Jul 2010 22:16 #286
An impossible idea, i think: Making an option to set MBP on 3D quality to play with 3D glasses (I think i've seen that on TrackMania and some other games!). It will have also an option to disable that!

• Thank you received: 57
20 Jul 2010 04:02 #287
And you would add stereoscopic 3d without changing the engine and the rendering how?

20 Jul 2010 07:27 #288
Indeed Kostas, the 2nd word of your post sums it up perfectly

21 Jul 2010 02:35 #289
New idea: OOB zone -
A trigger where you have x seconds to get out before going oob. Timer starts beeping and you get a message, like when the par time is about to go out.

EDIT rather than new post:
Fuck,I failed

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
21 Jul 2010 04:28 #290
Uhh... a teleport trigger? Fail

• Thank you received: 18
21 Jul 2010 05:33 #291
It would still be good to have an option for the teleport trigger to have a countdown clock.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
21 Jul 2010 08:04 #292
Start a stopwatch next to you then

21 Jul 2010 08:29 #293
Or make it a feature

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
21 Jul 2010 14:36 #294
A stopwatch feature that you start up with your very own stopwatch?

21 Jul 2010 16:23 #295
The level maker can add the help trigger (You have x seconds left) etc in the same spot as the tele trigger.

• Thank you received: 18
21 Jul 2010 17:02 #296
But if the player then gets a TM, they won't know how much they have left.

21 Jul 2010 21:23 #297
But you could have a countdown thing popup in the corner and if you get a TM it'll add x much time to the timer hence how much TM bonus time you get...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
21 Jul 2010 22:50 #298
^ that was the most wrong thing ever TT doesnt add any time to a tele trigger. If you get a TT in a 20 sec teleporter, it's still 20 secs, not 20 secs + TT bonus

TBH during the recording of Instinct I actually used a clock for that gyro at the start to get the timing perfect so I could catch it without it popping visible again; proved way better than sitting there with the clock not even running and was a lot easier on me. So if anything, when you hit a teleporter, check the clock next to you- simple.

THAT SAID

A teleporter countdown timer IS a good idea, but I'm trying to think of the amount of levels that use a teleporter that actually sends them OOB if they don't finish a challenge in X time. I know if Ian's level, and Andrew's Teleporter Timer Race or however its called. More than that we rarely meet something else. I think there's 1-2 more levels and that's about it. For this kind of low amount of levels, I'm not sure its a feature that is needed or whether we should spend time doing it.
If anything, I'm to question its necessity on any teleporter that is 2.5 secs or less, especially since people use teleporters of 2.5 secs length or less, which makes the need for a countdown timer obsoleted and if anything it looks extremely ugly on the shorter teleporters and even worse on those instant or near-instant teleporters, where the timer would just pop in and out and normal player would be like what the heck?.

A better solution might be add in an auto-help trigger at You have 10 seconds since if you already plan on a teleporter >3 secs it's probably 5 seconds or more. Having You have 5 seconds when the teleport trigger IS 5 seconds is anything but useful. Chances of a teleporter of 10 seconds or higher to be used in a level is probably lower, but since most players would find it difficult to count anything more than 7-10 seconds, a trigger set at 10 seconds would mean that a quick look at the clock and even if you get a TT, you don't really get confused, as we're talking a small amount of time. That said, it would be a bad idea to have one of them in a teleporter of 10-15 seconds (max 19.999) because @ 10 seconds it pops up instantly (again, rendering the idea useless). Having it pop up in a teleporter of a 20+ second would be the most useful thing, instead.

So as to solve the 10-19.999 teleporter problem, a you have 5 seconds left trigger should appear for these sort of teleporters, and if the teleporter is less than 10 seconds (9.999 or less) then up yours, nothing will appear, not even a timer.

TL;DR :: A timer would be a horrible idea due to the usage of teleporters, as most teleporters are 2.5 seconds or less, so there's no point. Instead, for the longer teleports of 10+ seconds an appropriate trigger will occur once depending on the teleporter to warn players that time is running out, like the current Alarm system.

21 Jul 2010 23:00 #299
Nah, just do it for TMs. We can deal with tele's, and if they're big then HTs can give a good enough warning.

01 Aug 2010 09:45 #300
I was thinking of maybe when the marble picks up a powerup, have it hover above the marble rotating instead of having the box which shows the powerup. It would look more neat and pro if it would just hover above the marble and would be new to the history of Marble Blast. ( All the MB Mods have those boxes, (I just dislike em big squares)

Edit: 300th post on this thread.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.217 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.