- Category: News
- Published: Monday, 29 September 2014 03:34
- Written by Jeff
- Hits: 2112
The Platinum Team would like to announce a new and improved version of the master server. This master server is now more stable in RC2 than any other master server that has been in the previous builds. Not only does it come with stability, it also comes with new features. Take a look for yourself!
Here is a description of what each and every column does on the master server:
- Lock Icon - This icon is visible if there is a server password
- Bar Icon - This icon is visible if ratings are turned on
- Server Name - The name of the server
- Players - The amount of players currently on the server over the maximum players allowed
- Mode - What type of server is this, such as Free-For-All or Teams mode
- Ping - The latency to the server in one round trip. The lower this number, the better the connection
- Min Rating - The minimum rating required to play on the server
You will also notice, that there is now a status bar. The status bar will tell you what the master server's current status is when it is refreshing. It will display statuses for connecting to the master server, querying the master server, receiving pings from the servers, and finally the amount of servers that it has found.
We hope you enjoy the new master server as much as we do!
- Jeff and The Platinum Team
A master server simply connections a client to a server without having to know the server's IP Address. Much easier on your end instead of typing in an address . It does not effect game play at all. Stability was in reference to the actual master server, as it is brand new (does not use TCP Sockets anymore, now uses UDP listeners).
@All regarding level name, Well, there really isn't much more room on the actual listing. However, I guess we could put it inside of the server description